Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 11/20/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it was my very first mascara during my school days. i was pretty happy with it, good enough for me to thicken my thin eyelashes. the price is ok too, but too bad its easily dry. i recommend this for girls who want to learn using make up

on 5/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have the "newer" version in the black and orange tube. I changed my review and added a lippie because I've come to like this more than before. It still isn't a favorite of mine, BUT, I love how it doesn't budge....sweat, pool....it lasts and lasts. I also noticed adding several coats quickly makes a big difference in length and volume. My first impression was not great, but it really builds to a decent mascara.

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

on 2/24/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am starting month 3 of using this particular product. I change mascaras every 3 months like you are supposed to, so this tube is nearing the end of its life. Let me first say that I never intentionally buy waterproof versions of mascaras - I got his mascara by mistake. I find that for me, waterproof mascaras don't work as well to volumize as well as the non-waterproof counterparts, and I also hate the extra work it takes to remove waterproof ones. I should also preface this by saying that I always do use my HG Shiseido the Makeup Mascara Base before any mascara, which always improve a mascara's performance. OK, now that disclaimers are out of the way, I'd have to say this isn't a bad mascara. I find that it lengthens pretty well, and as a waterproof mascara, really does stay in place. Unfortunately, the feature that it touts is volume, and it doesn't really do that very well. I find my lashes are thin and spidery, but I do get the length. So I'd say this is worth a try if you already have volume and looking for a waterproof mascara that provides length. One oither negative is that I do find that it does tend to clump a bit, which can be a hassle for some people. For me, it isn't such a big deal, since I just comb out my lashes and it's fine. A decent performer for the price, but I do not intend to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

OMG, worst mascara ever! I don't know if I got a bad tube or what but this was the clumpiest thing I've ever had to deal with. After just 1 coat, my lashes became spider legs (did I mention I was arachnophobic?) and flaked into my eyes within a couple hours.

I love Maybelline mascaras but this was just the worst beauty product I've ever tried. After just two uses, this was in the trash.

I don't get all the rave reviews about this, but then again, there is a possibility that I got a bad tube.

on 5/7/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ladies, If you don't mind putting on three coats then maybe you will like this mascara. The package said you see instant volume. I disagree. I have never had to put three coats of any mascara on my eyes before. It added length eventually but the only way it added volume was on my third coat and that was because it was clumping. There are better mascaras for your money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I LOVE this mascara. I've tried sooo many different mascaras, including clinique, lancome, estee lauder, other drug store brands, and etc and nothing else volumizes&&lengthens my lashes like this product does. I first purchased this product 5 years ago for a beach trip and ended up using it almost everyday (except for when I'm running low basically :\ ). This is a GREAT product!!!

I curl my lashes a couple times before I apply this product. This is the only mascara that will hold the curl I like from early morning until early evening!

on 2/7/2009 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara...it does everything I need!!My eyes look bigger and my lashes much thicker and longer!And as for the price it's totally reasonable.It's a really lovely product....all of u should buy it!!

on 10/18/2008 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

this is a great mascara, it does not give volume that is out of the world, but it separates great and there are no clumps. also its prtty small so it doesnt take a lot of space, great for small purses. overall a good mascara.

on 8/19/2008 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Makes my lashes look thicker rather than long. I got caught in a relly heavy reain storm wearing this, when I got home, I looked like I had just jumped in a pool with my clothes on, my mascarra was still intact! It comes off with hot water though.