Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is NOT waterproof i bought this because i was in California and i needed a good waterproof mascara for the pool and beach. i put it one and went swimming and when i went to the bathroom i had raccoon
eyes. when i first used this i noticed the smell right off the bat it smells like rotten tomatoes and it is very liquidy. it is about 6$ at any
drugstore. the packaging is nice though comes in a shiny black tube with red lettering. WOULD DIFFIDENTLY NOT REPURCHASE!!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only mascara I have ever used is Maybelline Great Lash, but I wanted to try a waterproof mascara and picked this up. I was SO disappointed. I have naturally thick, curled, LONG lashes and this mascara some how managed to ruin everything I had going for me. My eyelashes were hardly noticeable after I applied it - very thin looking, clumped together, the curl mysteriously gone, and my lashes looked stubby and short. (Also, I consider myself a master at applying mascara - I can usually manipulate any mascara to give my lashes or someone else's good volume and length but this mascara did NOT want to cooperate.) It was a very wet formula, which I didn't like, and the smell was really bad. My Great Lash has a smell to it, but nothing like this. Disgusting. Plus, this is impossible to remove. I scrubbed at it for 10 minutes with my Almay Oil-Free eye makeup remover and only got half of it off. And then it smeared black beneath my eye, which I couldn't get off either. There were still traces of it two days after I wore it. Don't waste your time, this isn't what you're looking for.

on 1/16/2010 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I always have trouble with mascaras. Having oily skin and long lashes is not suitable for mascaras.

I curl my lashes as usual, using Maybeline Curler.Take out the applicator, wipe excess masacra from the wand and apply one layer in zig-zag motion.

The result is disappointing, my lashes slowly go back to long-stick-straight phase and if blink too much, it will smudge bad, really bad.

So,for oily skin and long lashes... long wearing ? No. Volume ?No,Though my lashes are naturally lush, the wand makes them disappear into few chunks. Length ? Little bit ( my lashes are naturallylong )

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The original is much better. Why they felt the need to call this turbo boost I dont know, cause I see no boost. Natural lashes at best no drama

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/09/2007: Unfortunately I have to drop all the lippies from my original review now. I've been alternating between this and the Maybelline Unstoppable mascara in a bid to finish them as quickly as I can. Its taken me a while to cotton on to the fact that these 2 mascaras are causing my lashes to falI out when i remove them in the evening! And I have never had a problem with my lashes dropping off together with the makeup remover - I doubt its the remover's fault since I go over my entire face with it to remove sunscreen, even from the eye area, and no lashes come off when I'm not using either of the 2 Maybelline mascaras. While I've never had this problem with previous maybelline mascaras, for the sake of my lashes which are few enough as it is, I will never, ever use any mascaras from Maybelline again, even if I got them for free.************ This is great! I've been wanting to test mascaras with a comb wand - and had already shortlisted the Bourjois Yes to Volume No to Clumps, as well as Maybelline's Lash Stylist. However I saw this on sale for just a little over S$10 yesterday, and got a tube of the waterproof version to try since most mascaras smudge on me (i don't use eyelash curlers so the corners of my upper lashes end up touching my undereye area.) To my surprise, this mascara gave me long, separated lashes, and even lifted it up! I didn't get much volume, but my lashes were miiiiiles long. and very defined as well. I actually looked as though I did tightlining, and my hubby woke up from a nap and said - "your eyes sparkle so beautifully." How's that from a guy who never notices whether I have mascara on or not! The best thing is, it didn't budge or smudge even after a whole day of sweating and walking around, running errands in the rain, etc. But it came off easily with my avalon organics cleansing milk. I'm definitely picking up more tubes to stash before the sale ends. HG!.

on 7/18/2007 2:41:00 PM

VERY clumpy and unnatural-looking... I definitely got that spider-eye appearance with this! It makes your lashes really stiff and then flakes off. Plus it dried out really fast and started to smell chemical-y. I won't buy this again; I'm sticking to Full 'n Soft. And did I mention how hard it is to remove?

on 5/28/2007 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

NO i wont buy this product again. WHY? it doesnt come off at all! (hardcore waterproof) it's so irritating at the end of the day when all i need is my naked eyelashed, not full-blown mascara-ed eyes the gives rise to racoon eyes in the morning! Grr. Otherwise, it's an okay mascara. Still cant match up to my faav Revlon Fabulash. I know this is a waterproof formula, and i've used oil make-up remover, cold cream, cleansing milk, etcetc..it wont budge. unless i pluck out my lashes one by one, scrub it with a wire brush and stick it back on one by one again. bahh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yuck-- I tried this particular mascara and was really disappointed. It clumped it smelled and i couldn't wash it off easily. Looks like it's back to the mascara drawing board once again.

on 6/25/2005 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

shoulda known by the name that this would be god-awful. "turbo"?? and it's a b*tch to remove. waterproof shouldn't mean permanent. it's clumpy, heavy, smelly....straight up nasty... just like all the other maybelline mascaras.

This stuff was disgusting. I have long and thin black lashes and all I wanted was some volume, but this stuff really made them look spiny and more stick-like than any other mascara I have tried. It also makes my lashes feel really dry. I highly recommend you don't use this stuff.