Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 18 & Under
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.7

on 5/24/2008 11:24:00 AM

I have the volum express curved brush version, which is my HG mascara. So when I heard about this 'turbo' version I thought "wow, it'll work even better than my original!"

This mascara doesn't have the curved brush, which is a down-side. The stick straight brush made it really hard for me to build up volume, & there were hardly any bristles on the brush.

This neither lengthened or volumized my lashes. After putting on 3 coats I was really frustrated - the only difference to my lashes was that they looked darker.

Definately won't repurchase or recommend. My original volum express curved brush is 10 x better than this!

on 9/18/2007 11:40:00 AM

Flakes HORRIBLY on me. I mean horribly. Plus it clumps and barely lengthens. Will not be repurchasing.

on 12/27/2005 1:43:00 PM

i was expecting for this to be a pretty good mascara, as i tried the waterproof version and loved it, but it was a piece of shit. i curl my eyelashes before i apply mascara, and it completely destoyed the curl..there was nooo volume at all..and it was very hard to coat the lashes..and didnt dry yet (half an hour later...). in conclusion, this mascara is comparable to maybelline's other piece of crap, great lash, and should be avoided. i dont know why i just didnt stick to covergirl's super thick lash...2000x better.

on 7/26/2004 11:41:00 AM

I went on a Maybelline eye make up shopping spree but oh my Lord...this mascara must be the king of all clumpy mascaras. I have never ever used a mascara as clumpy as this one; even my eye lash comb can't fix it. This didn't do very much in terms of volume or length. This did thicken though but it probably came about from all the clumping. My Dior maximeyes is 10x better. I threw this into the trash.

This was the FIRST mascara I ever used. I thought it would make my lashes super thick like the name implies. Lush lashes, check. Length, not so much.

on 1/4/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Its pretty okay with volume but not so good with length

on 12/3/2007 3:27:00 PM

I'd heard raves and recommendations about this product from others on ABB, so I thought I'd run out to try it. The product does an all right job in defining, lengthening and volumizing my lashes. I have puny stick-straight Asian lashes, so mascara is a must, even though I end up not wearing it most of the time. Overall, I would recommend this to others who are looking for their HG mascara and still need help in finding one.

on 3/31/2006 11:30:00 AM

OK i suppose, but nothing special. Didn't do anything for volume with me, and my lashes still looked thin as anything. Didn't really clump though, and the price was good - about 5.

on 1/10/2005 9:50:00 PM

I really don't like this product. I legnthens a lot more then it volumizes. It's waterproof, but i don't like how it makes my lashes hard. When i close my eyes i can feel that i'm wearing mascara, which is unlike any other mascara i've tried. I'll stick with my full n' soft.

I prefer the original Volum Express Waterproof mascara.