Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

This ended up being an okay mascara. I ended up getting rid of it because it just didn't wow me.

on 9/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

Was thinking perhaps this was a new/improved version of my beloved Volum Express Waterproof - NOT! Clumpy lashes, racoon eyes mid day - YUK! I got rid of it!

on 5/24/2008 11:24:00 AM

I have the volum express curved brush version, which is my HG mascara. So when I heard about this 'turbo' version I thought "wow, it'll work even better than my original!"

This mascara doesn't have the curved brush, which is a down-side. The stick straight brush made it really hard for me to build up volume, & there were hardly any bristles on the brush.

This neither lengthened or volumized my lashes. After putting on 3 coats I was really frustrated - the only difference to my lashes was that they looked darker.

Definately won't repurchase or recommend. My original volum express curved brush is 10 x better than this!

I bought this product cuz evry1 raved abt it!
nothing 2 rave abt!. I hav short azn eyelashes. I was expecting dramatic volume results but no. This product looks weird on. I can't figure it out if it's just me or if it really does look like spider legs. It does sorta clump, evn tho it separates & defines the lashes u can notice the clumps R uneven whn u put it on. I get lil' black specks under my eyes after awhile.

The best thing is that it separates the lashes sorta looking more natural... but it dsn't thicken or really do much. Last long & feels natural.

I def. wn't buy this product agn or really trust the opinions that I get on here anymore. Thnks guys, 4 leading me to this crappy product.

on 2/18/2008 7:10:00 PM

This product sucks! Good thing wal-mart is good about makeup returns. This stuff went back to the store for sure. I thought that because it was waterprood it would not flake off, smudge or anything. By the end of the day I had some black mascara marks under my eyes. It didn't do anything at all for my lashes. It didn't add volume or make them look longer. This was a dissapointment! Not recommended!

on 1/17/2008 3:08:00 PM

I picked this up on a 2 for 1 sale.
I'm on the fence with this one. It really does thicken my lashes, but I'm not too sure about length. Its gives them some "oomph" but I find it did a bit of damage(lost a few eyelashes). I'll use up my tube, but a re-purchase won't be necessary. The extra ones up for swap.
EDIT: I lost half my eyelashes. I didn't use up my tube. I let the garbage have it. I guess it just can't work for me.

on 12/20/2007 2:48:00 PM

hrmm. It didn't do anything for my already long lashes. No thickness. Doesn't compare to Voluminous or Diorshow. Got NO umph out of it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Meh. Meh. Turbo? More like Volume express brake. Cause it stops your lashes from getting volume. Its straightened my curly lashes. The brush is waaaaay too rough ive never has a mascara brush hurt my eye lids. I do love the tube so I keep it for decorative purposes. It just lays there looking pretty.

on 11/29/2007 3:34:00 PM

This was the first mascara I bought from Maybelline.
It lengthened, but not that much and definitely not 5X the length/volume/whatever.

It was difficult to remove even with a waterproof eye-makeup remover, it smudged on my lower lids, and it flaked all throughout the day.

the only thing I like about this product was that it was really black, and it did (for a while before smudging/flaking) give me long'ish lashes. but boy.... it wasn't worth it.

There's also something in the smell of this mascara that really bothered me and irritated my eyes.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I never liked Maybeline and this just seals the deal. I thought the reviews were too good to be true and they were. I should have just bought my Lash Perfection . This mascara willl give you clumps and that's all.