Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.1

on 8/31/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i guess this product is just so so..nothing special from this..
and because i'm still learning make up, then i need the product that make applying make-up feels easy and this mascara sometime screwed it !!
it does smudge, and not dry quickly so its often to stain on my under eye and it could make 'the darkeye circle' effect...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

All of the Maybelline Volum' Express incarnations have worked well for me, and this is no exception.

Color-I have 'Very Black' and the color is just that.

Application/Formula- The brush is of medium size, and bristles are of medium density. Easy application with the begin at the root and wiggle motion, the formula is a medium consistency. I apply two coats to get the look I want and I run a clean spoolie through to separate anything that has stuck together. My lashes are medium-long and tend to tangle, so that last step is necessary for me regardless of what product I use. I have no clumping issues with the product. The product smells like the non toxic acrylic paints used in kindergarden the world over. It's waterproof enough for my purposes. No migrating or smudging in 12+ hours of wear unless I rub my eyes like mad. Comes off easily with cold cream and a warm washcloth. I have had no issues with this drying out in the tube or getting goopy.

Effect- This gives my longish but not terribly thick lashes a boost of volume and thickness. The effect is medium to dramatic, depending on how long I fiddle with it. There's a picture up top, the lady with the green/hazel eyes and out of control eyebrows, that's me with two coats on.

on 4/30/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

My favorite mascara at the moment. I find it works best to put on several thin coats and let it dry a little in between. Lengthening and volumizing. I don't find it too difficult to remove. I use the Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an okay mascara. It does a good job of volumizing but it tends to flake and it's definitely not waterproof.

on 5/22/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

haven't found any mascara that could beat this...period!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this mascara! i have been using it for years. i always use a waterproof mascara because i have somewhat straight lashes and this mascara holds the curl REALLY REALLY WELL! if i go swimming and have this on then the curl will come out, but the mascara still stays on and doesn't run or streak. this product does have a tendency to clump once you get to the bottom, but not really anything major--nothing an eyelash comb can't fix--and mind you, this is when you are nearly out of the product.

it has a fairly thin consistency when you first open the tube and it smells like mascara--nothing offensive. i like the consistency of the mascara after i've used it about 10 days or so--it gets a little thicker due to air absorbtion and it makes my lashes look real but "dramatic" without the use of false eyelashes.

the price ranges from store to store here, but the average range is from $6-$8. as long as they don't try to "improve" the formula or discontinue this mascara altogether, i will be a buyer for life!!

on 7/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

Absolutely terrible. Enough said.

on 4/18/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooved this product.
it is definitely a very good investment.
the mascara is truly long lasting and absolutely water proof.

on 3/14/2009 8:51:00 PM

Eh nothing special about this mascara. It's billed as a volumizing mascara and in a super fat tube. So they are setting up the expectations pretty high already. The results are ok - I get teensy lengthening and some volume. Nothing dramatic or lash fattening. The good news is that the mascara did not drag down my curl or irritate my eyes. The waterproof version is truly waterproof but it's not smudgeproof. I have worn this mascara several times on rainy days and I didn't get runny racoon eyes. Though when my skin gets a bit oily from the humidity then I get smudges underneath my eyes. It's not a terrible mascara but don't expect miracles either.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this mascara for Years... it makes me little lashes look large & in charge! Holds the curl well and doesn't look clumpy. I couldn't be without it!