Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

on 7/8/2010 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's super-spidey! (mascara, that is)

Okay, that was corny. This mascara itched my eyes (a common problem for me, to be fair).

And then it was seriously super spidey in the clumping department. It also smudged noticeably. The flaking wasn't awful (just a little).

Why can't drugstore brands make a volumizing mascara that looks as awesome as Full N Soft WP but doesn't itch my eyes? This definitely isn't it. continued >>

It didnt rate as well for me as the lash blast from cg and I didn't like the lash blast. The wand is ok, standard look. The formula is ok, a bit wet. It coated my bottom lashes for me, and not in an even way. Ehhhh, I will pass on this. It worked on my lashes by clumping together lashes, which meant that I looked like I only had five or six HUGE lashes.
Not my cup of tea at all.

on 8/29/2006 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

GOD! I hate this mascara, but this may be because I am comparing it to Lancome Fatale that I have on my other lashes simultaniously. But looking side by side I must say that this turbo crap looks awful. It took like a billion coats to get any volume and then it started to clump together. Also my lashes started sticking in all sorts of directions (crossing over each other) this may be the bane of my long curly lashes but this mascara only applifyed the effect. I think I am going to have to take this stuff back. Ugh! I bought this stuff BOGO and also purchased Maybelline's intenze xxl mascara (much better mascara, more of a lenghtener than a volumizer though). I must say that I don't like the chunky tube it comes in either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I pretty much like the old Volum Express except that it smudges, but the price is quite reasonable, so I bought this new formulation. I was searching for a cheper replacement to my beloved Lancome Hypnose, but no, this is not it. The first 3 days it was satisfactory, but after that? It clumps, make my lashes crunchy, and I've experienced smudging although it's not major. It also wilt my lashes down! overall, it simply make my lashes to look bad. And the brush! Maybelline Indonesia only carry the curved brush, and it can't distribute the mascara evenly. Total waste of money. I won't go near Maybelline again, and no more drugstore mascara for me. At least for a while

on 1/4/2006 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

flakey and gross

on 10/3/2005 5:53:00 PM

This mascara is nothing like the original version "Volum Express." Turbo, yeah right! Instead of giving my lashes volume it gives them dryness and clumps. I much prefer the older version to this one.

on 9/18/2008 12:32:00 AM

I also read the Paula Begoun reviews on this product and got it at a 2 for 1 sale at walgreens. The product was dry as soon as i opened it and it just caused a bunch of clumps on my already clump prone asian lashes. I would never buy this again.

on 5/27/2008 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this broke my eyelashes apart. now my eyelashes are very thin. :( stupid WP mascara. ugh. i give it a 2 for staying power though. and it did have volume.

on 8/6/2007 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used to buy this some years ago and I remembered it as a relyable mascara. Then I found Full n Soft and I just loved it. I used it for years, it made my lashes long and naturally full. Then I couldn't get it where I live now and can't even order it so I went back to VET. What a disappoinment. It doesn't really do anything that it promises. I can hardly see I have any mascara on, even when I put two coats on.

on 1/18/2007 12:41:00 PM

What a disappointing product. Neither lengthens nor volumizes. It just sort of slightly darkens my short, sparse lashes. Tube is rather chunky. I got the one with the curved brush and that doesnt seem to do anything at all. Blech.