Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

on 12/27/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara, it is very similar to the regular volum express, I have the waterproof in the light blue tube, so either one will work well. I haven't used it enough to compare which one works better, the brush on the turbo boost has a bit more bristles, so it probably coats more. Maybelline mascaras have been good to me, they are cheap and do the job very well. I have regular sized lashes, not dark, not full and this mascara is a god-send.

on 10/11/2008 1:36:00 AM

This product is all right. It gives you a somewhat dramatic look - with the amount of mascara coating on the lashes giving the lashes a rich black colour. It doesn't volumize much though.

on 3/3/2007 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think the problem with this formula is that it is too wet. It takes some of the curl out of my lashes (but not all) and makes them stick together. I think I will like this mascara better after it has been open for about a week so it gets a chance to dry out some. It feels stiff and itchy if you get it on your eyelids or waterline. results with this mascara are very similar to MAC's mascara X, but the volume express is thicker. gives good length and volume, would be perfect if it didn't stick my lashes together and kill some of my curl. I will update if it gets better as it dries out a bit.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was really shocked at the poor review that this mascara got. I absoultely LOVE it. It has given the results that I hoped to find with Prescriptives False Eyelashes. I have tried sooo many mascaras from all different price ranges and this is by far my favorite. My lashes are fairly long naturally, but this product lengthens them even more and give them some nice volume. I tend to like Maybelline mascara in general (Illegal Lengths is my second in HG status) but this one takes the cake.

on 6/5/2005 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Right now my favorite mascara. I have tried many drugstore brands. I like that I can keep re-applying to get extreme length. Doesn't clump my lashes together, all lashes are accounted for. I have no trouble taking it off with my cleanser. But it still flakes a little. I have yet to find the perfect mascara. Finally they have made mascaras that don't dry out our lashes. When I was in high school I could actually count my 4 lashes, the formulas were terrible. Still on a quest to find one that won't flake off. My perfect mascara would be one that moisturizes the lashes, keeps a curl, gives volume and length, keeps lashes separated, doesn't clump or flake, smear proof. This mascara I have been able to use an entire tube without it clumping, that's a first. It lasts a long time.

on 5/18/2005 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVED the older version in the blue tube, but can't find it anymore, so I thought I might give this one a try. Well, I shouldn't have! This is definitely a case of new-but-not-improved. Why do companies always do this? Renew something to the worse? I am seriously annoyed.

on 12/12/2004 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To be honest--if you are looking for voluminous mascara, you better go some where. For some reason, this "volume" express tubo reminds more illegal length. It separates lash and lengthen beautifully.. doesn't smudge,apply easily and taken off easily. But I wight still go looking somewhere for a better masacara.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Despite the bad reviews, I think this is a fairly decent mascara. This thickened my lashes right up and gave them a very black, wet, shiny look. Sweet. It is a bit clumpy (I have yet to find a clump-free one)and smudges a little under my eyes. Still, I'd buy it again because of the price and the effect.