Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.8

isodecane, microcrystalline wax, c8-9 isoparaffin, beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, carnauba wax, water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, rice starch, polyvinyl laurate, sodium polymethacrylate, propylparaben, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, hydrogenated jojoba oil, polyquaternium-10, silica, panthenol, calcium sodium borosilicate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben (± may contain ci 77492, 77491, 77499/iron oxides, ci 77891/titanium dioxide, ci 75470/carmine, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, mica, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying this out a few more times, I think this is one of the most buildable waterproof mascaras from Maybelline. I don't quite get this kind of layering volume with the newer waterproof mascaras. My thin lashes need a few coats to become visible. It takes patience, but I curl my lashes, and apply a few coats of this to get curled, thick, lashes. Simple and effective.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm fortunate enough to have naturally and long curly eye-lashes, so when purchasing my next mascara I was really looking for something with the wow factor. This was NOT it. The brush does not pass neatly through my lashes and even when using a brush from another mascara it clumps incredibly easily, is messy and as soon as it dries it's prone to flaking.

on 1/25/2008 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go to mascara! I love it. I wouldnt say its HG, but its close. I love that if i want it natural i use it lightly but if i want more dramatic it easily builds up to what i want. It dosnt smudge or flake which is great!

on 10/19/2007 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have purchased 5 tubes so far, and I always purchase extra when it's on discount on my local stores. It's affordable, lengthens very well, and volumises nicely. Definitely one of the best mid-priced mascara out there - sometimes I think it's even better than igh-end ones from brands like Lancome. One or two swipes are enough to open your eyes - go above four swipes and you will never fail to get dolly-looking eyes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty great mascara. Though if you do put one to many swishes on, it tends to clump a fair bit. I love the black colour and i find it great, long lasting and dosnt flake off

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great mascara! Much better than the original, my lashes are long, thick, they hold a curl, perfect. They look like a tv commercial, do not flake, very pleased.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not surprised that this mascara is getting slammed. However, I think the low rating is due to dishonest advertising rather than the poor performance of the product. When I saw this mascara at a local drugstore with a damn good coupon offer, I could not resist. I went in with little or no expectations. For me, this mascara did not flake or run and created noticeably thicker and longer lashes. It held a curl moderately well and even after 9 hours of intense sweating in a crowded club, it stayed put (I used the non-waterproof one). That's a pretty good mascara in my opinion. Does it give you lashes like in the adverts? No. It's a mascara, not a miracle. If a feathery, false-eyelash look is what you’re looking for, this product will certainly disappoint you and you’re better off just buying false eyelashes. But if you’re looking for a good mascara and you don’t have unrealistic expectations, Volum Express Turbo is for you. Overall, it's a good mascara and I'd definitely purchase it again if and whenever it comes out in black/brown.

on 2/25/2004 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I had such high hopes for this mascara. I wanted it to thicken yet look natural. After two coats I noticed that it coated *every* lash.. it also looked quite natural. However, it didn't look lush at all. The formula wrapped around the lashes & thickend it - a tad bit. I didn't see anything dramatic. IMO its more of a wetter version of Full&Soft but f&s lengthens better. I think i'll stick to F&S.. maybe apply this over it to get some use out of it.

on 2/17/2004 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the newest mascara from Maybeline that promises even more thickening power than the original Volum Express.

I have short, skimpy lashes, and I am so in love with this mascara. It gives me really long, thick, feathery-looking lashes with just 2 coats. As much as it thickens, it doesn't clump. The formula is not too dry, not too wet. So the look is lots of lashes, not lots of mascara on the lashes.

I can't speak to how well this mascara wears because I top it w/ Revlon Overtime Lash Tint, which makes everything wears like iron.

Popular Mascaras