Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Other
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

2.7

Holds curl nicely. But I did not find that it gave very nice volume. Mascara seems to look a little dry on lashes after a few hours of wear. Some flaking seems to occur too. The consistency is kind of runny. I won't bother with this one again. Not for me.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Edited: Ok, I changed my mind. This is crap. Yup, I said it. It dries the bejivis out of my lashes, makes them all crunchy and stuff and I didn't read "waterproof" anywhere in the label so why in the world did this take me like 3-4 washes, including eye makeup remover to take off?
No, will not repurchase and might actually toss.

on 11/28/2004 9:11:00 PM

I tried Volum express and it was trash. It clumped, (something the packaging stated wouldn't happen)Because the formula is so thick and clumpy it weighed down my lashes making it impossible for them to have volume.I wish i had read up on this before purchase.

on 3/22/2004 11:15:00 AM

Why why why did I buy this? I got the 2 for 1 deal (regualar and waterproof - I didn't like either.) in Jet Black for under $4. oh my word this mascara SUCKS! It's dry and does NOTHING for me. It reminds me of Great Lash...I really think they are the same formulas! I would not repurchase this at all...and I'm really glad I only spent $4!

on 6/13/2008 11:13:00 PM

I normally like Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't impressed with this one. It certainly doesn't add 7x volume or length! It was a bit 'globby' for lack of a better term, didn't apply very evenly and didn't flake really after it dried, but as I was doing the application, small flakes fell under my eyes/on my cheeks. Messy/difficult application. Disappointing.

very average mascara that definitely does NOT give your lashes "7x" the volume as advertised, but it doesn't flake, which is good. L'oreal Voluminous beats this hands down if volume is what you're looking for

on 2/17/2008 11:18:00 AM

I decided to buy this product because I saw all these good feedbacks from MUA. When I first saw it, I thought the packaging was really cute and it did make my lashes longer and more volumized. BUT, here's the thing, my eyelashes started coming off when I'm removing it. I'm pretty sure it's not the makeup remover that I'm using. Sadly, I'm not gonna but this product. I mean you get good results. but the final result after the result is pretty bad.

on 12/9/2006 5:00:00 AM

I've decided to change my review from "4" to "2". Reason being this started out ok the first time and consequently gave me spidery lashes and smudged at the end of the day.

on 11/18/2006 1:39:00 PM

I wasn't expecting much from this mascara- I'm not a big Maybelline fan- and I didn't get much. Spidery, short lashes that kind of clumped together into spikes. Not a good look. I just wanted something waterproof to thicken, but this doesn't look good on me... Also, expensove for what it does.

on 4/28/2005 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I really dislike this mascara. First, it delivered no volume whatsoever. My puny lashes stayed puny after two coats of this, no fattening, no lengthening, no nothing! Secondly, my lashes went beserk. They went off in all sorts of directions and didn't hold a curl, although I curled them prior to applying mascara. Thirdly, it left globs of excess mascara in my lashes and as a result I had to go back and pick them out with a eyelash brush. I don't have time for a mascara that does this each morning. Would not repurchase and will stick to Almay mascaras from now on!