Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 25-29
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

2.6

very average mascara that definitely does NOT give your lashes "7x" the volume as advertised, but it doesn't flake, which is good. L'oreal Voluminous beats this hands down if volume is what you're looking for

on 1/30/2008 2:34:00 PM

I like this mascara in "very black". I find it does tend to clump if I put more than 2 coats on, however.

"Turbo" makes you think you are going to end up with super lush false looking lashes. Not quite - however after using this for awhile, it's growing on me. Gives more volume vs. length. Never had any issues w/ flaking or major clumping. Just be sure to curl & wipe down the brush properly prior to application. The brush is HUGE! Took some getting used to but now I like wiggling it near the lashline to make it look tightlined.

on 3/23/2006 5:45:00 PM

I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer regular old Volum Express (blue tube) to Volum Express Turbo (black tube). I've gone through several tubes of each. I don't notice much of a difference, except that the Turbo has a slightly thicker formula, and consequently adds a tad bit more volume than its counterpart, but it also seems to clump more and dry up quickly. Otherwise, they're nearly identical, at least to me. Great mascara, and around $5-6 it's a fabulous deal, but I'm rating this 4 lippies when I rated regular Volum Express at 5.

on 8/26/2005 1:10:00 PM

I have tried the regular Volume Express in the past and thought it was horrible and too clumpy. Then I swa they had a new one, and, curious as I am, I wanted to try it. I have no regrets! This one is so much better! It really curls and thickens my long, but straigth lashes. And it holds all day long.

No more expensive mascaras for me, I'll stick with Maybelline and Bourjois.

on 1/10/2005 5:02:00 AM

Wasnt impressed by this product...didnt do any more for my lashes than the standard volume express mascara. Would not repurchase.

on 11/28/2004 9:11:00 PM

I tried Volum express and it was trash. It clumped, (something the packaging stated wouldn't happen)Because the formula is so thick and clumpy it weighed down my lashes making it impossible for them to have volume.I wish i had read up on this before purchase.

on 9/11/2004 2:23:00 PM

Well, let me compare this to the old Volum Express Mascara. The first one I thought was just terrible. The formula was just too thick and it felt terrible. This formula is much, much better. My current favorite is Lash Expansion, but if something was to happen to my favorite; I would definitely move onto this one. I only use Maybelline mascaras' because I think they are wonderful for a drugstore mascara. I'm allergic to CoverGirl and Loreal just never has anything that I'm interested in. Edit // I take some things back. This is not a better version of the original volum express mascara. I bought it today and that brush is just too hard to work with and I can't get the product onto my lashes very good. I don't know what it is about this mascara, but it doesn't work for me.

Worst. Mascara. Ever. I mean, I have some seriously skimpy lashes, no question. But even with my failsafe L'oreal double extend primer underneath, I swear, this stuff was worse than the worst. Seriously. I rarely give stuff bad reviews, but do NOT waste your money on this stuff unless you already have great eyelashes.

on 3/22/2004 11:15:00 AM

Why why why did I buy this? I got the 2 for 1 deal (regualar and waterproof - I didn't like either.) in Jet Black for under $4. oh my word this mascara SUCKS! It's dry and does NOTHING for me. It reminds me of Great Lash...I really think they are the same formulas! I would not repurchase this at all...and I'm really glad I only spent $4!