Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Other
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

2.7

on 5/30/2012 1:44:00 PM

This is has been one of my favorite mascaras for years. I tried other products, ofter more expensive but not better and in the end I always repentantly came back to this one. It lenghtens my lashes and gives them just the right amount of volume without clumping.

Holds curl nicely. But I did not find that it gave very nice volume. Mascara seems to look a little dry on lashes after a few hours of wear. Some flaking seems to occur too. The consistency is kind of runny. I won't bother with this one again. Not for me.

I am SO shocked at the mixed reviews for this....I have tried tons and tons of drugstore mascaras....all sorts of maybelline, almay, rimmel, covergirl, neutrogena, etc mascaras...I had even settled on MaxFactor as my almost HG mascara...I really liked one of the "unpopular" maxfactor mascaras because I could'nt even stand that 2000 calorie one or whatever that gets rave reviews.....But then I came across this cause my college roomie uses it and even though I was kinda doubtful, I soon fell in love! This is my borderline HG since I wanna try some more mascaras before I officially find my HG....but nonetheless, this holds my curl AMAZNGLY and makes my lashes so long and thick..I have it in very black and I love the effect...This is the second time I've bought this and I even got 2 dollars off of it at walmart cause it came with a coupon attached to it, so that made it even more awesome...I also use my mascaras with a heated up curling iron (heat it up with the hairdryer!) and my lashes have never looked so great!

Update: Still my ultimate HG mascara! I ALWAYS find myself coming back to this from YEARS and YEARS of plenty other mascaras because this seems to have the most versatility. This mascara has the absolute most pigmented blackest black of any other ones I've tried, and it is such a gloss pretty black! The formula is very wet, which some people may not like, but I find that it enables me to mold my lashes around until I'm content with the look. The small narrow wand lets me get into all the little nooks and crannies of my lashline, and it separates my lashes well. This mascara is extremely buildable, and I find that if I take my time to add numerous layers of this mascara on, I get tons of compliments on my lengthened, voluminous, glossy jet black, pretty lashes! Make sure lashes are thoroughly curled with a lash curler to see the full effects of this HG mascara!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this mascara for years. It's the one mascara I always come back to. Either this one or Full 'N Soft. It lengthens, adds volume, and really holds the curl. Never fails to really open up my peepers! The only annoying thing about this mascara is that it can sometimes give me panda eyes - not all the time though. Which is the reason why I took a lippy off.

on 6/13/2008 11:13:00 PM

I normally like Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't impressed with this one. It certainly doesn't add 7x volume or length! It was a bit 'globby' for lack of a better term, didn't apply very evenly and didn't flake really after it dried, but as I was doing the application, small flakes fell under my eyes/on my cheeks. Messy/difficult application. Disappointing.

very average mascara that definitely does NOT give your lashes "7x" the volume as advertised, but it doesn't flake, which is good. L'oreal Voluminous beats this hands down if volume is what you're looking for

on 2/17/2008 11:18:00 AM

I decided to buy this product because I saw all these good feedbacks from MUA. When I first saw it, I thought the packaging was really cute and it did make my lashes longer and more volumized. BUT, here's the thing, my eyelashes started coming off when I'm removing it. I'm pretty sure it's not the makeup remover that I'm using. Sadly, I'm not gonna but this product. I mean you get good results. but the final result after the result is pretty bad.

on 1/30/2008 2:34:00 PM

I like this mascara in "very black". I find it does tend to clump if I put more than 2 coats on, however.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Edited: Ok, I changed my mind. This is crap. Yup, I said it. It dries the bejivis out of my lashes, makes them all crunchy and stuff and I didn't read "waterproof" anywhere in the label so why in the world did this take me like 3-4 washes, including eye makeup remover to take off?
No, will not repurchase and might actually toss.

"Turbo" makes you think you are going to end up with super lush false looking lashes. Not quite - however after using this for awhile, it's growing on me. Gives more volume vs. length. Never had any issues w/ flaking or major clumping. Just be sure to curl & wipe down the brush properly prior to application. The brush is HUGE! Took some getting used to but now I like wiggling it near the lashline to make it look tightlined.