Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 4/8/2011 2:12:00 AM

It clumps my lashes together and are extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. Some of my natural lashes are always lost in the midst of removing the mascara.

However, this product doesn't smudge at all.

on 1/16/2009 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara and have repurchased already. Because I wear contact lenses and often using rewetting drops, etc. waterproof eye makeup is a must for me. This mascara isnt clumpy when it dries (at times i get a random clump when I am applying it, but I always brush my lashes out with an eyebrow comb, no big deal) This doesn't smuge on me AT ALL. My lashes really do look fuller and the mascara does give length as well: not as much as a lengthening mascara, or something like skyhigh curves by maybelline,but for "turbo volume" this delivers. What I like best is how BLACK this mascara turns out on me (using the black shade, obviously...ha.) I love it.

on 8/1/2008 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yet another waterproof mascara that isn't smudge-proof - what's the point in being able to go swimming in it if it doesn't stay on your lashes all day anyway? It's probably my fault for having oily skin and long curly lashes that touch my top and bottom lids though, and this mascara does give you big thick lashes without clumps. I think it would be great for someone who doesn't have too many problems with smudging who wants a cheap volumising waterproof mascara.

on 7/21/2008 7:51:00 AM

I had been looking for a mascara for everyday that will give me a natural look.
I have to say that I am a lucky girl and have natural long curled lashes so when it comes to mascara what I want is a mascara that volumes just a little,doesn't clump and separates them nicely.
This mascara does this thing exacly.
1)Separates well
2)Gives a little volume (not a drama lash queen)
3)Not clumps
4)Gives a nice move-gives the same volume at all the width of lashes
5)Doesnt smudge too much
6)It doesnt dry eyelashes

If you have medium-long lashes and looking for an everyday mascara that's it.
However my only complain is
1)It has a drugstore caracter:not careful selected scent,not really presented product if you like cute packaging in cosmetics like me :-)
2)Doesn't give a drama look if this is what you are looking for
3)Retails in Greece for 13.90~22.06$ which is quite expensive for a drugstore mascara in my opinion

For the lasts reasons I don't thing I would buy it again since its not a really outstanding product for me. I would go for it only just in case...Something happened...

on 7/21/2008 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

totally disappointing. i was looking for a mascara that would hold my curl like CRAZY and was rec'd this mascara in the waterproof version by a few posters on the Makeup Board. i mistakenly grabbed the regular version, and let me tell you i wish i had kept my receipt! this mascara is completely AVERAGE, and in the worst way possible. the black color is very nice and glossy and that's about where the positive aspects end. it hardly held my curl up halfway, didn't lengthen very much, didn't give volume, made my lashes look super, super thin and short like i only had about 10 of them to begin with (and i'm pretty sure i have atleast 15, LOL)! "Turbo Volum"??? i think not. if you already have long, thick, gorgeous eyelashes then i'm sure this mascara would work fine for you, it would slightly define and darken your lashes and you'd be satisfied, but if you actually want your mascara to perform, forget it. put this mascara right back in it's display and try my drugstore HG, Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara, or if you want to stick with Maybelline, their new Colossal Lashes mascara is pretty good. happy mascara hunting!

on 7/17/2008 4:46:00 PM

I am a fanatic devotee of Maybelline Lash Expansion, but though the website doesn't say so, it seems as if it's being discontinued. I rarely find it in any of the many many drugstores in NYC.
So I've spent hundreds of dollars testing all kinds of mascaras to replace it. My needs are: liquid formula for that glossy, black finish; WP; non-smudging; and the biggest need: holding curl.
Finally, I think I've found the DS mascara that does it all. When I workout tonight it will really get put to the test, but I know mascaras, and as soon as I put this on this morning, I knew Turbo Boost would be a worthy replacement for my beloved Lash Expansion.

on 6/1/2008 10:21:00 PM

I have extremely oily lids, so as you can imagine, alot of things smudges on me. this, is no exception, it smudges after 2 hours ( i tried it on with Urban decay eye potion, clarins water proof mascara coat, everything, it still smudges). but the good things are: first, it's not so hard to remove, even though it is water proof. secondly, the result is lengthening, voluminous, and even looked alittle dewy. so I'd recommend this mascara to anyone who doesn't have oily lids.

on 3/1/2008 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just another mascara.

I love dramatic lashes, so I'm always trying different mascaras. Volum'Express Turbo is an unexceptional, everyday mascara. I didn't find it better than any other wearable mascaras I have tried. The one thing that stands out for me is that it leaves my lashes nice and soft and suple, unlike a lot of other lash products.

I will continue to wear this until it runs out, but I won't bother buying it again.

on 2/18/2008 7:10:00 PM

This product sucks! Good thing wal-mart is good about makeup returns. This stuff went back to the store for sure. I thought that because it was waterprood it would not flake off, smudge or anything. By the end of the day I had some black mascara marks under my eyes. It didn't do anything at all for my lashes. It didn't add volume or make them look longer. This was a dissapointment! Not recommended!

on 1/17/2008 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara. I had been looking for a mascara that doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge, and doesn't make my lashes crispy/fragile feeling. I'm happy to say this is it, and it's fairly cheap, I think this was something like $5 and there was a $2 off coupon attached. One coat of this leaves a fairly natural look without huge amounts of volume, but on the plus side you don't have to worry about spider eyes at all. This is totally buildable though, so you can go back and apply more coats to get more volume. I don't normally repurchase mascara because I go through them slowly and like to try different ones, but I could totally see myself buying this again; it looks great, versatile/buildable, wears well, removes easily w cold cream or mu remover, and is cheap to boot. Nice stuff.