Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

on 1/17/2006 6:39:00 PM

As a huge fan of Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof, I was looking forward to trying the Volum Express Turbo waterproof. I did wonder, however, what gives this mascara the "turbo" difference. The packaging stated 5x the volume as opposed to 3x the volume on the regular Volum Express waterproof. Unfortunately for this mascara, the "turbo" means that it clumps and smudges at record speed. Seriously, the first stroke of mascara produced spidery clumps. That has never happened to me with other volumizing mascaras, which don't clump until you try to apply a 10th coat or something. Once my clumpy lashes were dry (I tried to comb them out but the mascara just started to flake and I was running late), I left for class and to my horror, after only 1 and a half hours of class, when I checked the mirror there were noticeable black smudges on my undereye area, as if I had been swimming or sweating for the past 1 and a half hours. I will definitely not repurchase and will stick to Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof (for dramatic lashes) or Full and Soft waterproof (for natural lashes).

on 6/14/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gave me crunchy, spidery lashes even after I wiped the brush. The effects were lackluster--I think it may even have straightened my curled lashes. Big thumbs down, back to Full and Soft.

on 6/13/2008 11:13:00 PM

I normally like Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't impressed with this one. It certainly doesn't add 7x volume or length! It was a bit 'globby' for lack of a better term, didn't apply very evenly and didn't flake really after it dried, but as I was doing the application, small flakes fell under my eyes/on my cheeks. Messy/difficult application. Disappointing.

This stuff clumps like crazy! Maybe I got a really old tube?

on 2/17/2008 11:18:00 AM

I decided to buy this product because I saw all these good feedbacks from MUA. When I first saw it, I thought the packaging was really cute and it did make my lashes longer and more volumized. BUT, here's the thing, my eyelashes started coming off when I'm removing it. I'm pretty sure it's not the makeup remover that I'm using. Sadly, I'm not gonna but this product. I mean you get good results. but the final result after the result is pretty bad.

on 7/16/2005 11:28:00 AM

*sigh*, looks like I'm in the minority here because sadly, this product didn't work for me. I have thick, long but straight Asian lashes, and my eyes are pretty small. The trouble for me is that the applicator is too big for my small eyes and I'm unable to apply the mascara evenly on my lashes. Also, it causes slight irritation on my eyes. I had such high hopes for this but I think I'm sticking with Lash Discovery until I find a better one. I find that Lash Discovery holds the curl better and applies with no clumping compared to this one.

on 4/28/2005 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I really dislike this mascara. First, it delivered no volume whatsoever. My puny lashes stayed puny after two coats of this, no fattening, no lengthening, no nothing! Secondly, my lashes went beserk. They went off in all sorts of directions and didn't hold a curl, although I curled them prior to applying mascara. Thirdly, it left globs of excess mascara in my lashes and as a result I had to go back and pick them out with a eyelash brush. I don't have time for a mascara that does this each morning. Would not repurchase and will stick to Almay mascaras from now on!

on 1/2/2005 6:37:00 PM

i had to put on like twenty coats to get my lashes any thicker and fuller!! and even after that, i wasn't satisfied with what I was left with. such a disappointment. moving onto a different mascara..

on 5/12/2004 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This sucks. It makes my curl droop and my lashes stick together so I look like I have about 5 lashes. Not too much length or thickness at all. But it is not the worst mascara ever so it gets 2 lippies.

on 3/11/2004 9:35:00 PM

Like everyone else, I had high hopes for this improved version. I completely agree with what the previous posters say. Ignore this product and stick with the original. It really isn't any better. Its consistency is very thin and it shows on lashes. You might get an effect from applying more than you usually would. Other than that, its not worth the money. Will not be repurchasing.