Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 25-29
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.9

on 1/30/2008 2:34:00 PM

I like this mascara in "very black". I find it does tend to clump if I put more than 2 coats on, however.

on 8/13/2007 1:20:00 AM

Love it! Thicker longer fuller blacker lashes. Awesome! The best drugstore mascara for sure

on 3/23/2006 5:45:00 PM

I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer regular old Volum Express (blue tube) to Volum Express Turbo (black tube). I've gone through several tubes of each. I don't notice much of a difference, except that the Turbo has a slightly thicker formula, and consequently adds a tad bit more volume than its counterpart, but it also seems to clump more and dry up quickly. Otherwise, they're nearly identical, at least to me. Great mascara, and around $5-6 it's a fabulous deal, but I'm rating this 4 lippies when I rated regular Volum Express at 5.

on 7/16/2005 11:28:00 AM

*sigh*, looks like I'm in the minority here because sadly, this product didn't work for me. I have thick, long but straight Asian lashes, and my eyes are pretty small. The trouble for me is that the applicator is too big for my small eyes and I'm unable to apply the mascara evenly on my lashes. Also, it causes slight irritation on my eyes. I had such high hopes for this but I think I'm sticking with Lash Discovery until I find a better one. I find that Lash Discovery holds the curl better and applies with no clumping compared to this one.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was really shocked at the poor review that this mascara got. I absoultely LOVE it. It has given the results that I hoped to find with Prescriptives False Eyelashes. I have tried sooo many mascaras from all different price ranges and this is by far my favorite. My lashes are fairly long naturally, but this product lengthens them even more and give them some nice volume. I tend to like Maybelline mascara in general (Illegal Lengths is my second in HG status) but this one takes the cake.

on 1/2/2005 6:37:00 PM

i had to put on like twenty coats to get my lashes any thicker and fuller!! and even after that, i wasn't satisfied with what I was left with. such a disappointment. moving onto a different mascara..

on 6/3/2004 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally, I listened to others and got a w/p mascara. I'm not disappointed by this at all! It really does separate and hold curl for my straight Asian lashes. And it's not very difficult to wash off. I use a cleanser! Doesn't really give me a lot of volume but does a great job as is! Not sure if HG...still want to try L'Oreal Voluminous.

This is a nice mascara. Gives nice "oomph" to my lashes. I have to put about 2-3 coats to get the desired effect .. then again, I do that with pretty much all my mascaras cuz I love the drama lash! :) This is a nice mascara from Maybelline ...unlike Great Lash, but that's another story ...