Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

on 5/30/2012 1:44:00 PM

This is has been one of my favorite mascaras for years. I tried other products, ofter more expensive but not better and in the end I always repentantly came back to this one. It lenghtens my lashes and gives them just the right amount of volume without clumping.

on 3/14/2009 8:51:00 PM

Eh nothing special about this mascara. It's billed as a volumizing mascara and in a super fat tube. So they are setting up the expectations pretty high already. The results are ok - I get teensy lengthening and some volume. Nothing dramatic or lash fattening. The good news is that the mascara did not drag down my curl or irritate my eyes. The waterproof version is truly waterproof but it's not smudgeproof. I have worn this mascara several times on rainy days and I didn't get runny racoon eyes. Though when my skin gets a bit oily from the humidity then I get smudges underneath my eyes. It's not a terrible mascara but don't expect miracles either.

I am SO shocked at the mixed reviews for this....I have tried tons and tons of drugstore mascaras....all sorts of maybelline, almay, rimmel, covergirl, neutrogena, etc mascaras...I had even settled on MaxFactor as my almost HG mascara...I really liked one of the "unpopular" maxfactor mascaras because I could'nt even stand that 2000 calorie one or whatever that gets rave reviews.....But then I came across this cause my college roomie uses it and even though I was kinda doubtful, I soon fell in love! This is my borderline HG since I wanna try some more mascaras before I officially find my HG....but nonetheless, this holds my curl AMAZNGLY and makes my lashes so long and thick..I have it in very black and I love the effect...This is the second time I've bought this and I even got 2 dollars off of it at walmart cause it came with a coupon attached to it, so that made it even more awesome...I also use my mascaras with a heated up curling iron (heat it up with the hairdryer!) and my lashes have never looked so great!

Update: Still my ultimate HG mascara! I ALWAYS find myself coming back to this from YEARS and YEARS of plenty other mascaras because this seems to have the most versatility. This mascara has the absolute most pigmented blackest black of any other ones I've tried, and it is such a gloss pretty black! The formula is very wet, which some people may not like, but I find that it enables me to mold my lashes around until I'm content with the look. The small narrow wand lets me get into all the little nooks and crannies of my lashline, and it separates my lashes well. This mascara is extremely buildable, and I find that if I take my time to add numerous layers of this mascara on, I get tons of compliments on my lengthened, voluminous, glossy jet black, pretty lashes! Make sure lashes are thoroughly curled with a lash curler to see the full effects of this HG mascara!

on 6/14/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gave me crunchy, spidery lashes even after I wiped the brush. The effects were lackluster--I think it may even have straightened my curled lashes. Big thumbs down, back to Full and Soft.

on 6/13/2008 11:13:00 PM

I normally like Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't impressed with this one. It certainly doesn't add 7x volume or length! It was a bit 'globby' for lack of a better term, didn't apply very evenly and didn't flake really after it dried, but as I was doing the application, small flakes fell under my eyes/on my cheeks. Messy/difficult application. Disappointing.

This stuff clumps like crazy! Maybe I got a really old tube?

on 2/17/2008 11:18:00 AM

I decided to buy this product because I saw all these good feedbacks from MUA. When I first saw it, I thought the packaging was really cute and it did make my lashes longer and more volumized. BUT, here's the thing, my eyelashes started coming off when I'm removing it. I'm pretty sure it's not the makeup remover that I'm using. Sadly, I'm not gonna but this product. I mean you get good results. but the final result after the result is pretty bad.

on 1/30/2008 2:34:00 PM

I like this mascara in "very black". I find it does tend to clump if I put more than 2 coats on, however.

on 12/14/2007 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this mascara alot. I always come back to it. It plumps up my lashes and makes them pop! I use it over Maybelline's Sky High Curves. Sky High gives me curl and length and Volum Express Turbo gives me fatter, thicker lashes. I use both in the blackest shade of black and in waterproof. I've never had a problem with them running or smearing, but I know I'm reaching the end of their lifespans because they start to flake. I replace very 3-4 months. Maybelline, as far as I'm concerned, really has the best mascaras.

I love this mascara and I continue to rebuy it and I stock up when it is on sale. I get a huge look with this formula, no flaking or smudging and it is easy to apply with no mess. It lengthens more than thickens but does increase volume too. This is a fabulous mascara and for the price you can't beat it.