Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 25-29
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an awesome mascara. I haven't tried the regular Volum Express but this had 'turbo boost', whatever that means. It really is waterproof and makes my barely there lashes longer! I don't see any difference in 'volume' but my lashes are really short so it looks 3 times longer/fuller when using this. Much better than L'oreal voluminous IMHO.

on 1/30/2005 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is an ok mascara, but really, all the turbo and 5x the lashes mess is definitely not true. Minimal thickening and lengthening, I might as well buy a WnW mascara. I was disappointed. I'm going to finish the tube and then return to Loreal Voluminous.

on 10/15/2004 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

OK, I am giving this 5 lippies because I am grading this on a curve. I have been sooo disappointed by so many mascaras in recent years, I feel like they are just getting crappier in general, or maybe my eyelashes are... I don't know which one. Anyway, hypnos is good, but some tubes are better than others, i hate that inconsistency. This stuff is pretty good though. I haven't had it that long, but I can say that the gel formula is my new fave. I hate how grey most "black" mascaras are, and how your lashes can look dry and crumbly. Not this stuff, it reminds me of mink falsies, looks more like real black lashes, but thick long ones, you may need a eyelash comb though, it can stick together. Definitely worth a try.
Update: lowering to a 3, just like most mascaras, dries out pretty quickly and loses it's oomph.