Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 7/7/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Favourite mascara ever. I can't find any faults in it. Volumizes and lengthens your lashes with only one coat, and I personally don't get any clumps from it. It is amazing for the price that it is and I will be repurchasing till the end of my days.

on 10/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

been using it for 2 years with amazing results. to take it off I use garnier eye makeup remover (the blue one).

I used to wear this mascara a few years ago (like 8) and I loved it, but since then, I have been experimenting with other maybelline mascaras as well as mascaras from other brands ranging from l'oreal, bourjois, lancome, makeup forever until higher end brands like dior and chanel. I guess all of the other brands have good mascaras too, my latest love being chanel inimitable waterproof, but they're a lot more expensive and often dries out too quickly. I have medium length, thin, flimsy lashes and I find that this mascara separates my lashes and lengthens them too, not just gives volume. It is also very very buildable and strangely I find that it thickens my lashes more when you apply the next coat after the previous coat is nearly dry. I can apply up to 5 coats without any clumping! Just thick, long, curly, voluminous lashes!

on 7/15/2012 12:25:00 PM

Great Mascara. Holds curl amazingly even all day even after swimming. Comes off easy with makeup remover.

on 5/30/2012 1:44:00 PM

This is has been one of my favorite mascaras for years. I tried other products, ofter more expensive but not better and in the end I always repentantly came back to this one. It lenghtens my lashes and gives them just the right amount of volume without clumping.

on 5/13/2012 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My mother actually introduced me to this mascara, I had trouble with some mascaras flaking on me, but this mascara is LOVE. It lengthens my lashes and it doesn't make my lashes look like spider legs. It's decent lasting and the first time I ever tried this mascara was when I wore it to prom. I like how it makes my lashes look sort of dolly and it's waterproof. It removes so easily with my lancome eye makeup remover and that's a plus because I hate wearing eyeliner and mascara just for that reason. I love how the wand is so easy to use, and it doesn't make me get those spots on my lids or under my bottom lashes when I am applying mascara. I think for a mascara it's quite inexpensive and it works well for me and my mom. I am so thankful my mom introduced this mascara to me. :D Definitely so far my HG mascara!

I love this mascara! It lengthens and lifts and isn't heavy. The price is great and it also truly volumizes my lashes. It's my new favorite mascara!

on 10/26/2011 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

MY NEW HG MASCARA! I waited some time to purchase this because I wasn't sure, but I'm so, so glad I did. This totally blows all the mascaras I've ever had out of the water. It volumizes, curls and lengthens my lashes, never makes them hard or "crispy", and doesn't budge once it's on. I can sweep coats after coats of it on without having to deal with any clumps. Doesn't smell terrible (MAC zoomfast I'm lookin at ya), doesn't disturb my sensitive eyes... this one is worth its weight in gold. I got it on 30% offer which makes it ever more worth the money. Love this, will repurchase when it's out, even at its regular price.
Don't hesitate if you are wondering whether to buy it! Def. recommend this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

All of the Maybelline Volum' Express incarnations have worked well for me, and this is no exception.

Color-I have 'Very Black' and the color is just that.

Application/Formula- The brush is of medium size, and bristles are of medium density. Easy application with the begin at the root and wiggle motion, the formula is a medium consistency. I apply two coats to get the look I want and I run a clean spoolie through to separate anything that has stuck together. My lashes are medium-long and tend to tangle, so that last step is necessary for me regardless of what product I use. I have no clumping issues with the product. The product smells like the non toxic acrylic paints used in kindergarden the world over. It's waterproof enough for my purposes. No migrating or smudging in 12+ hours of wear unless I rub my eyes like mad. Comes off easily with cold cream and a warm washcloth. I have had no issues with this drying out in the tube or getting goopy.

Effect- This gives my longish but not terribly thick lashes a boost of volume and thickness. The effect is medium to dramatic, depending on how long I fiddle with it. There's a picture up top, the lady with the green/hazel eyes and out of control eyebrows, that's me with two coats on.

on 8/14/2011 1:01:00 PM

I love this Mascara! It lengthens my lashes and volumises them too! Although it does smudge quite easily for a waterproof mascara. It really opens up my eyes and I'm constantly getting compliments about my eyelashes.