Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

On my hunt to find mascaras that would build a lot of volume without flaking and irritating my eyes, I tried a million high end mascaras (for example, Benefit Bad Gal) and HATED almost all of them! Then, on a whim I tried this cheap drugstore mascara ans just fell in love with it--- it makes my lashes SO full and soft, and it doesn't irritate my eyes. Here's a pic of me wearing it:

continued >>

on 10/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

been using it for 2 years with amazing results. to take it off I use garnier eye makeup remover (the blue one).

on 6/25/2004 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had been using the regular Volume Express Waterproof, and thought I'd give this a try. I do think it goes on better than the original formula - I think that the original one is quite thick and clumpy and just doesn't seem to glide on very well. (Though I did buy this for it's super thick formula and have been very pleased with it). Anyway, this formula is much more gel like? I don't know, it's just a little more slick when you put it on, so it just goes on a little easier. I don't know how to describe it, but it goes on much better without a ton of clumping. It still gives a nice thick coat. I will continue to buy this!
**update - i really think this is my HG mascara for now. When i curl my lashes and then throw this on (i do like to coat it on quite a bit)...i really feel like my lashes are nice and long!
**2nd update: i have since tried Diorshow Blackout, Shiseido and several other high-end mascaras, and I keep coming back to the Maybelline!!

on 11/14/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a great waterproof mascara, with the standard bristle brush not the horrible plastic ones! Formula last all day, does not smudge, holds curls well, i found i did not need my usual shiesido base coat with this mascara.
It does take at least three coats to make my lashes a lot fuller. I prefer this one over my L'oreal lash architect now.

on 12/27/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara, it is very similar to the regular volum express, I have the waterproof in the light blue tube, so either one will work well. I haven't used it enough to compare which one works better, the brush on the turbo boost has a bit more bristles, so it probably coats more. Maybelline mascaras have been good to me, they are cheap and do the job very well. I have regular sized lashes, not dark, not full and this mascara is a god-send.

on 12/10/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was using the maybeline volum express waterproof for 5/6 years and i was quite happy with it untill i realised that it was taking too long to achieve the lashes that i wanted ; first i used a lashcurler, put some loose powder on the lashes while i was curling and then the first mascara layer. after that was dry i applied another layer... this would stay put the whole day but it took too long to apply ! after that i started looking around for the right mascara but all of them were dissapointing for me ( i only bought the drugstore brands because even they were around 10/15 euro's and i didn't want too be dissapointed after i bought one for 30 euro or more...) The maybelline volum express turbo boost is the one i am using now and i must say i see the diffrence but not in a positive way ; it smudges under my eyes !! i already have dark circles so this is not what i need... i will rebuy this mascara untill i find the perfect one but i would give this one a 7 out of 10.

i bought this recently, very very good mascara! lengthens, gives natural volume, no clumps, lashes DONT DROP. The only criticisims are: it smudges a bit (i hv very oily eyelids), but applying another layer of smudge-proof mascara on top solves the problem! i also found it a lil bit difficult to remove, will try their non-waterproof one next time!! Perrrrrrfect otherwise!!!

I used clinique lash power, shu uemura ultimate expression, benefit badgal, shiseido macquillage lengthening, maybelline define-a-lash etc etc, this one is the best i used so far!

I bought a tube of this mascara based on the advice of a wonderful MUAer. I was looking for a mascara that gave my lashes some volume without making my lashes look like tarantula legs. I have longish lashes, so I really didn't need any extra lenght. So, yesterday I went to my local Wal-Mart and got a tube of this, I almost exchanged it for that other Maybelline mascara that comes with a comb, because Adriana Lima, the model who was wearing it, looked gorgeous. But thankfully, I didn't, because this turned out to be the best mascara that I've ever used. Today, when I was doing my makeup, I just couldn't stop staring at my lashes! this mascara gives amazing volume, and it also lifts your lashes a little, which makes lashes look a bit longer, and the eyes look open and more awake. I got the WP version because most Maybelline non WP mascaras (and some WP) smudge on me, but this one doesn't!!! I even cleaned the house, and since I was sweaty I spashed my face with water, and neither water nor sweat made this mascara smudge!!! And I only needed 1 coat to get great volume, maybe I'll do 2 coats for a night out or something, but I might not need it. Normally with other mascaras I have to do 2-3 coats for day and 3-5 for more intensity. This is the first mascaras I ever give 5 lippies to, and I've tried many mascaras, some I hated (Great Lash) some I didn't care for (Sky High Curves) some I liked ( Max Factor Lash Lift) but none like this one. I'm not crazy about the packaging, I prefer long, slender tubes, and this one's rather short and fat but the formula is so good, that I don't mind. So, will I repurchase? Of course, and I will also try the other Volume Express formulas.

on 1/17/2005 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It may be waterproof, but it smudges by the end of the day. It does hold curl well and it's easy to remove. In fact it pretty much wears off itself during the day. I don't have to use any eye make-up remover. I was looking for a mascara that didn't smudge and this wasn't it.