Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 3/22/2004 1:38:00 PM

how fun - build super whore lashes! i liked this and got it for a nice price w/ coupon. it does kind of take away the curl from my lashes though.

on 3/25/2004 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!!! Id it had the scent of YSl Faux cils, it's be no. 1. This is one of the only mascaras that actually hold my curl, is actually waterproof but comes off w/ just olive oil easily and does exactly what it says and more!!! I love this, thank god, I bought three tubes. On the other hand, I don't really like the regular turbo mascara...

on 3/29/2004 3:05:00 PM

I was fortunate enough to purchase this for $4.50 ($2 instant rebate), and I was pleased to discover an above-average mascara. Although the name implies thick and dense lashes, I was disappointed that it did not provide such. Instead it holds the curl in my eyelashes, exactly as my eyelash curler left it, defines and separates each lash, and leaves minimal smudging. As my first ever waterproof mascara purchase, I must admit, I am impressed. =)

I bought this because of the good reviews, but I was misled... Oh, the horror of the clumpy flakiness!!! I must admit though, that this is the most waterproof mascara I have ever used. *ETA*: After using this for about a month it no longer clumps and flakes. I have no idea why. It's creepy. Now I love it!

on 5/10/2004 2:20:00 PM

LOVE IT! Definitely the best drugstore mascara I've tried to date (and even better than the MAC stuff I tried!). Makes my sparse lashes look dark, full, and curled - and I have *always* struggled to find the perfect mascara. The only thing not perfect about it is that it's somewhat difficult to wash off (your lashes stick together) and by the end of the day, I notice some smudging under my eyes even though I don't apply it to my bottom lashes. But those are minor things in comparison to how great it works and how good it looks. I'll definitely buy again.

on 6/8/2004 2:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I get the most dramatic results from this mascara. So dramatic that my lashes don't look like my own. You know how you can tell when someone wears false eyelashes, *especially* when they're the full-length ones? Well, that's what this mascara did for me. If this is the look you're going after, do try this out. I prefer a more natural defined look from my mascara (L'Oreal Lash Out is a good one for this), but I like using this one for when I go out. I'll probably use this up (yeah right, when have I ever used up a full tube...) for nighttime, but will then switch to L'Oreal Voluminous. It's not as in your face as this Maybelline Turbo Boost.As for sensitivities, Maybelline must've changed their formulas in general, b/c I have NO problem w/ my eyes burning, and I have eyes that react to a lot of products. continued >>

After using the regular Volum' Express a long time ago, and seeing the new one come out, I decided to give the new one a try... BIG MISTAKE!

It was clumpy and dry, and didn't volumize! All it did was clump up my eyelashes and flake off!

I definitely do not recommend this to anyone!

on 7/26/2004 1:11:00 AM

This is a good mascara overall, but it sometimes leaves smudges under my eyes. Still, it's better than most drugstore brands on all other counts.

I prefer the original Volum Express Waterproof mascara.

Really really really good mascara. I see Maybelline has started to improve their formula as there's definitely not as much flaking and smudging as the last time I tried this. (It's pretty much the same thing as the non-Turbo one).