Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

on 9/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

Was thinking perhaps this was a new/improved version of my beloved Volum Express Waterproof - NOT! Clumpy lashes, racoon eyes mid day - YUK! I got rid of it!

on 6/13/2008 11:13:00 PM

I normally like Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't impressed with this one. It certainly doesn't add 7x volume or length! It was a bit 'globby' for lack of a better term, didn't apply very evenly and didn't flake really after it dried, but as I was doing the application, small flakes fell under my eyes/on my cheeks. Messy/difficult application. Disappointing.

on 1/9/2005 8:58:00 AM

This is definitely not waterproof! It smudges. And as for volume? Where? What volume? This did absolutely nothing for my lashes.

on 2/29/2004 12:54:00 AM

Since I swear that Maybelline has changed the formula of the original Volum Express, I could hardly wait to try this. This formula is a lot drier than the other Volum Express, which meant flaking and as far as building the lashes, I agree with the other girl here...the other formula works better. I wonder if this cold winter is doing something to the mascara's while it is being transported because NOTHING works anymore like it used too. I know when I sold Avon, my hand creams would actually come frozen in the cold winters then after they warmed up they would be okay, but if this happens to mascara, that may be a different story...have to wonder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara when they were out of Colossal Volume Waterproof at the store. I always use waterproof mascara because my lashes will straighten out with non-waterproof. I was only going to use this until I found Colossal but now I like this better. The one coat coverage is excellent and I was surprised because I usually have to build and build on my skimpy straight lashes to get the coverage and volume I am getting with one coat of this. It is also not overly wet when new like most mascaras that I find get better in a week or two after opening. I have allergies and sensitive eyes and this did not make my eyes water. I will be buying this from now on.

on 4/30/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

My favorite mascara at the moment. I find it works best to put on several thin coats and let it dry a little in between. Lengthening and volumizing. I don't find it too difficult to remove. I use the Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover.

on 10/13/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just finished my first tube. It lasted about three months but I don't use the same mascara everyday. I liked the formula and the brush. Holds a curl, no smudging and no clumping. I've always been satisfied with Maybelline WP mascaras. Can't decide if I like this better than Falsies so I'll probably repurchase either one depending on what's available.

on 2/17/2005 5:45:00 PM

DARN! I love this because it adds volume, is dramatic like I like, doesnt flake-good because of my contacts....BUT smudges! Why it would do that after many hours of wear, I dont know.

I LOVE this mascara. I have tried most of Maybelline's, and many dept store brands (so I can splurge on high end eyes and lippies). It does give volume, and it stays. I add a drop or 2 of vitamin e to make formula a little softer. It gives a little curl, I would give 5 lippies if it curled more, but I haven't found a curling mascara where the curl lasts long enough anyway....

I love this mascara and I continue to rebuy it and I stock up when it is on sale. I get a huge look with this formula, no flaking or smudging and it is easy to apply with no mess. It lengthens more than thickens but does increase volume too. This is a fabulous mascara and for the price you can't beat it.