Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

on 11/20/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it was my very first mascara during my school days. i was pretty happy with it, good enough for me to thicken my thin eyelashes. the price is ok too, but too bad its easily dry. i recommend this for girls who want to learn using make up

on 10/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

been using it for 2 years with amazing results. to take it off I use garnier eye makeup remover (the blue one).

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

I used to wear this mascara a few years ago (like 8) and I loved it, but since then, I have been experimenting with other maybelline mascaras as well as mascaras from other brands ranging from l'oreal, bourjois, lancome, makeup forever until higher end brands like dior and chanel. I guess all of the other brands have good mascaras too, my latest love being chanel inimitable waterproof, but they're a lot more expensive and often dries out too quickly. I have medium length, thin, flimsy lashes and I find that this mascara separates my lashes and lengthens them too, not just gives volume. It is also very very buildable and strangely I find that it thickens my lashes more when you apply the next coat after the previous coat is nearly dry. I can apply up to 5 coats without any clumping! Just thick, long, curly, voluminous lashes!

on 6/20/2012 2:56:00 AM

Great value for money. It's truly waterproof as it claims. Doesn't cause my Chinese lashes to go limp even after curling. Plumps up my lashes adequately. Friendly on my wallet. Love it.

This is my go to mascara... something I always come back to.. this is the same formula as the new falsies mascara, only difference is the wand.

on 4/8/2011 2:12:00 AM

It clumps my lashes together and are extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. Some of my natural lashes are always lost in the midst of removing the mascara.

However, this product doesn't smudge at all.

on 11/14/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a great waterproof mascara, with the standard bristle brush not the horrible plastic ones! Formula last all day, does not smudge, holds curls well, i found i did not need my usual shiesido base coat with this mascara.
It does take at least three coats to make my lashes a lot fuller. I prefer this one over my L'oreal lash architect now.

on 7/26/2010 4:35:00 PM

for me this was a mediocre mascara. i didn't real build that much volume, but it didn't lose my curl either. it did clump my lashes together quite a bit though which is why i only gave it a 3. i'll finish off this tube but after that i'll be sticking with my maybelline lash stiletto.

on 1/16/2010 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I always have trouble with mascaras. Having oily skin and long lashes is not suitable for mascaras.

I curl my lashes as usual, using Maybeline Curler.Take out the applicator, wipe excess masacra from the wand and apply one layer in zig-zag motion.

The result is disappointing, my lashes slowly go back to long-stick-straight phase and if blink too much, it will smudge bad, really bad.

So,for oily skin and long lashes... long wearing ? No. Volume ?No,Though my lashes are naturally lush, the wand makes them disappear into few chunks. Length ? Little bit ( my lashes are naturallylong )