Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 19-24
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

4.3

isodecane, microcrystalline wax, c8-9 isoparaffin, beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, carnauba wax, water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, rice starch, polyvinyl laurate, sodium polymethacrylate, propylparaben, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, hydrogenated jojoba oil, polyquaternium-10, silica, panthenol, calcium sodium borosilicate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben (± may contain ci 77492, 77491, 77499/iron oxides, ci 77891/titanium dioxide, ci 75470/carmine, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, mica, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide).

on 11/1/2008 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this on after the Volume Express Mascara, definitely was a step up, but not much of a difference. It gave some volume to the lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes with this, but it doesn´t give the 7X volume, in fact, no volume or lenght. Not the worst i´ve tried. I got it in very black. Not good if you want a dramatic look because this only gives you a very natural look. The original version is way better than this. I prefer my L´Oreal Full definition voluminous or Lashstylist for definition, lenght and volume. Not repurchase.

on 3/2/2007 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Maybelline mascaras are generally good, but I don't like this one that much, I find after about 2-3 hours, you hardly have any mascara left on and thats why I don't like it. The effect it gives is good, it does volumise the lashes and its great but don't like its staying power, wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/5/2014 12:08:00 PM

I don't like to worry about smudging through the day, which is why I prefer waterproof mascaras. This mascara is NOT waterproof, but it does lengthen and volumize. I would recommend to a friend if they do not want waterproof. It was disappointing that this mascara didn't live up to its waterproof claim. I personally will not be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my first ever waterproof mascara, and I'm loving the way it just stays on, and is 110% smudge-proof and water-proof.

I love the formula, it really darkens my thin lashes and it makes them look very full, the mascara is wax based (I'm pretty sure...), and it holds curls especially well. It stayed on so well, I even had trouble taking it off without an oil based remover! That just goes to show how amazing it stays on. My lashes are pretty soft after the mascara dries, so that's definitely a plus.

The mascara doesn't layer on very well, and it will clump after about 3 coats or more. So if you ARE going to layer it, I suggest you work with a quick hand. I'm not a big fan of the wand as well, it picks up more product towards the end of the wand, and sometimes it will apply too much. The brush is too big for me, and I can't really get into the little lashes in the corners of my eyes.

I bought this mascara for only $4.19 (It was on like.. a huge sale at Target), and it was definitely worth the money I paid for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have "barely-there" lashes and I'm almost always wearing falsies. But when it comes to mascara, I always come back to this one. It's not perfect, for example I can't use this 2-3 months after I opened it because I'd risk my eyes getting irritation if I do that. I guess the formula does turn really bad after some time. But I don't mind repurchasing since it's cheap. This mascara does lengthen and define my lashes but I don't know about volumizing. I don't get raccoon eyes at the end of the day unlike with other maybelline mascaras and that's why I'm sticking to this!

on 4/26/2010 12:12:00 AM

I enjoy this mascara. I wouldn't say that it's waterproof like the Cover Girl Lash Blast because it's easier to remove, which is a plus sometimes, but it's pretty waterproof. It holds my curl. Very easy to work with. Doesn't clump. Very nice. I don't really have too much complaints other than I wish it was darker but it's nice. Would repurchase.

I have been using the Maybelline Express Volume mascara for years now. I probably got into this genre of mascara 6 years ago. Though I haven't tried many different mascara's, I find this one does what I expect a mascara to do. It lengthens my eye lashes and does make it look thicker. The only thing i would comment is I find it hard to remove sometimes and sometimes during the day it flecks onto the bottom eye area.

But overall this mascara will probably be my mascara that I will always rely on when other mascaras don't do what I expect.

on 6/3/2008 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've tried this in both the normal and curled wands in the waterproof versions. It's pretty good mascara. I find that this is more of a lengthening/separating mascara rather than a volumising one. It doesn't flake, smudge and is waterproof. The black is an adequate black but not enough if you have dark lashes already - I suppose I'm after a va va voom black. It's a good everyday mascara and as it lengthens and separates quite well, I'd imagine it might work better for someone with decent lashes already. As mine are quite sparse, I don't think I'll be repurchasing as it doesn't add enough oomph. I quite like the runny consistency of it though as it lasts and lasts. I know you're meant to replace mascara every few months but I find the this mascara is pretty much in the same condition now as when I bought it almost a year ago.

I don't think the curled wand version added any discernible lift to my lashes.

on 11/23/2007 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is an okay mascara. It adds volume and length to my lashes in spite the fact that i have to curl my lashes everytime. One bad thing about this mascara is that it seems to smudge at the end of the day.