Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.3

on 9/5/2014 12:08:00 PM

I don't like to worry about smudging through the day, which is why I prefer waterproof mascaras. This mascara is NOT waterproof, but it does lengthen and volumize. I would recommend to a friend if they do not want waterproof. It was disappointing that this mascara didn't live up to its waterproof claim. I personally will not be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my first ever waterproof mascara, and I'm loving the way it just stays on, and is 110% smudge-proof and water-proof.

I love the formula, it really darkens my thin lashes and it makes them look very full, the mascara is wax based (I'm pretty sure...), and it holds curls especially well. It stayed on so well, I even had trouble taking it off without an oil based remover! That just goes to show how amazing it stays on. My lashes are pretty soft after the mascara dries, so that's definitely a plus.

The mascara doesn't layer on very well, and it will clump after about 3 coats or more. So if you ARE going to layer it, I suggest you work with a quick hand. I'm not a big fan of the wand as well, it picks up more product towards the end of the wand, and sometimes it will apply too much. The brush is too big for me, and I can't really get into the little lashes in the corners of my eyes.

I bought this mascara for only $4.19 (It was on like.. a huge sale at Target), and it was definitely worth the money I paid for.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying this out a few more times, I think this is one of the most buildable waterproof mascaras from Maybelline. I don't quite get this kind of layering volume with the newer waterproof mascaras. My thin lashes need a few coats to become visible. It takes patience, but I curl my lashes, and apply a few coats of this to get curled, thick, lashes. Simple and effective.

on 8/31/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i guess this product is just so so..nothing special from this..
and because i'm still learning make up, then i need the product that make applying make-up feels easy and this mascara sometime screwed it !!
it does smudge, and not dry quickly so its often to stain on my under eye and it could make 'the darkeye circle' effect...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only mascara I have ever used is Maybelline Great Lash, but I wanted to try a waterproof mascara and picked this up. I was SO disappointed. I have naturally thick, curled, LONG lashes and this mascara some how managed to ruin everything I had going for me. My eyelashes were hardly noticeable after I applied it - very thin looking, clumped together, the curl mysteriously gone, and my lashes looked stubby and short. (Also, I consider myself a master at applying mascara - I can usually manipulate any mascara to give my lashes or someone else's good volume and length but this mascara did NOT want to cooperate.) It was a very wet formula, which I didn't like, and the smell was really bad. My Great Lash has a smell to it, but nothing like this. Disgusting. Plus, this is impossible to remove. I scrubbed at it for 10 minutes with my Almay Oil-Free eye makeup remover and only got half of it off. And then it smeared black beneath my eye, which I couldn't get off either. There were still traces of it two days after I wore it. Don't waste your time, this isn't what you're looking for.

on 7/15/2012 12:25:00 PM

Great Mascara. Holds curl amazingly even all day even after swimming. Comes off easy with makeup remover.

on 5/13/2012 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My mother actually introduced me to this mascara, I had trouble with some mascaras flaking on me, but this mascara is LOVE. It lengthens my lashes and it doesn't make my lashes look like spider legs. It's decent lasting and the first time I ever tried this mascara was when I wore it to prom. I like how it makes my lashes look sort of dolly and it's waterproof. It removes so easily with my lancome eye makeup remover and that's a plus because I hate wearing eyeliner and mascara just for that reason. I love how the wand is so easy to use, and it doesn't make me get those spots on my lids or under my bottom lashes when I am applying mascara. I think for a mascara it's quite inexpensive and it works well for me and my mom. I am so thankful my mom introduced this mascara to me. :D Definitely so far my HG mascara!

I love this mascara! It lengthens and lifts and isn't heavy. The price is great and it also truly volumizes my lashes. It's my new favorite mascara!

on 10/26/2011 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

MY NEW HG MASCARA! I waited some time to purchase this because I wasn't sure, but I'm so, so glad I did. This totally blows all the mascaras I've ever had out of the water. It volumizes, curls and lengthens my lashes, never makes them hard or "crispy", and doesn't budge once it's on. I can sweep coats after coats of it on without having to deal with any clumps. Doesn't smell terrible (MAC zoomfast I'm lookin at ya), doesn't disturb my sensitive eyes... this one is worth its weight in gold. I got it on 30% offer which makes it ever more worth the money. Love this, will repurchase when it's out, even at its regular price.
Don't hesitate if you are wondering whether to buy it! Def. recommend this.

on 8/14/2011 1:01:00 PM

I love this Mascara! It lengthens my lashes and volumises them too! Although it does smudge quite easily for a waterproof mascara. It really opens up my eyes and I'm constantly getting compliments about my eyelashes.