Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.9

on 12/10/2008 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this mascara! It just clumps my lashes together every time! That's their idea of giving volume? Just as JelliBelli247 says, it makes it look as if I have just a few Big, Clumpy lashes! Horrible!!!!
Besides that, removing it is a Nightmare!
Don't waste your money on this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wear glasses and it is really annoying when your lashes hit the glasses and smudge the lens leaving flakes and smudges.
-This mascara leaves a natural look
-It doesn't clump and provides definition
-I doesn't provide instant length or volume
-can be buildable
-It is waterproof against tears but I wouldn't go swimming with this
-the wand is a good size and easy to use
-doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day
-would re-purchase if on sale or until I find something I like more

on 11/19/2007 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It does give quite a lot of volume with a single coat, but it's very sticky and quite clumpy. However, take this review into consideration only if you're a beginner at applying mascara like I was about 3 years ago. I suspect that it was probably because I didn't know about wiping the mascara brush with some tissue and applying it after curling my eyelashes. But this tip here you can all read it - it really is sticky.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It didn't add alot of volume, it just defined my lashes more. It gives a natural look and separates. The brush britsels are also very short, therefore, kind of hard to put on. Overall, it didn't really volumize, but good if you want a natural look

on 1/14/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is a great mascara if you want natural looking lashes. Although if you want voluminous lashes then just keep building them up. I'd say 1-2 coats is natural and 4-5 coats makes them sky high.i wouldn't recommend this for lower lashes because the brush is thick so it's hard to use. It's a good mascara for school. I would definitely buy this product again.

on 2/29/2008 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a fantastic mascara! It thickens, curls, and volumizes without being stiff! Lashes come out natural-looking and the look lasts all day long, even after I exercise! As for removing the mascara, it is a little harder for me to remove than my average mascara, but I don't really have to rub harder or anything and I certainly don't lose a lash every single time (unlike what some other girls have been saying).

The only reason why I gave this 4 lippies rather than 5 is because it is not as "smudge-proof" as I had hoped it would be. Even though it claims to be "waterproof," I still find a LITTLE smudging under my eyes at the end of the day--not much, so it's not a big deal, but I wish it would stay perfectttttt. Don't get me wrong, this mascara is certainly more resistant than the average mascara, but if the number one thing you want from a mascara is ZERO smudging and all-day absolute perfection, then I'd suggest Clinique Lash Power (I've never tried it, but I've researched reviews on several waterproof mascaras, and that one is the only one where I have found practically no complaints about smudging etc). Although being completeellyyyy smudge-free is one of the things I look for in a mascara, I'd rather pay half the price for this one, which I know significantly enhances my lashes in one or two strokes, lasts all day, and has minimal smudging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's really cute mascara, it makes my lashes look more defined.
really natural looking, but kept them very soft too.
if super long and lush full lashes is what you desire, this mascara is not for you.
it does not hold a curl that well, but still a pretty good product for drugstore.
i might buy it agian.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a mascara that would give my eyes a "dramatic" look so I thought Volum' Express Turbo would do the trick. After all, it says it'll give you 5X the volume so how could you go wrong? I stopped by Fred Meyer and bought a tube for $6.99. That's pretty reasonable, I thought.

I had already used the regular Volum' Express 3X, and I really liked it. Logically, I expected the 5X to be even better. Luckily, I wasn't disappointed!

First of all, I really like the brush on this. I've used Maybelline Full n' Soft and although I really like the formula, the big brush was a little hard for me to handle. I like the slim, long brush that comes with the Volume' Express a lot better. Now for volume, this did wonders for my lashes! After curling my lashes (as I always do), I found it was easy to apply, and I really noticed a difference in the length of my lashes. They definitely looked longer.

My eyes definitely "popped" after using this mascara. It gave me the dramatic look I was looking for.

The best thing I found was that when it says waterproof, it really means it! After 3-4 hours of wear, I ended up wiping my eyes (forgetting I had on mascara) and nothing smudged! That was pretty amazing.

This would get a 5/5 rating but like others have said, it is a little more difficult to remove compared to other waterproof mascaras. It wasn't a nightmare to get off though, so maybe it depends on what kind of eye makeup remover you use. I get mine from The Body Shop and it does a nice job of taking off the Volum' Express Turbo mascara.

on 10/8/2007 10:24:00 PM

I wanted to try another Maybelline mascara, and Ulta was having a BOGO sale, so I had to get this.

The brush is a nice middle thickness, not really bushy like Full n Soft, but not like a thin mini brush.

It lengthened my short, sparse lashes and thickened them enough. They weren't like fake lashes after one coat, which is all I usually apply. The formula was nice and wet, so it went on smoothly. I usually curl my lashes before mascara and also after. It held the after curl throughout the day, which is pretty impressive since it was 80 degress in Philly today (It's October!)

I like this better than Full n Soft, but it's not my HG.

on 6/24/2004 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is pretty good. It adds a very nice amount of length and curl, without making your lashes all stiff and spidery. However, it does smear a bit in hot weather or on oily lids. For the price, it's worth a try.