Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is NOT waterproof i bought this because i was in California and i needed a good waterproof mascara for the pool and beach. i put it one and went swimming and when i went to the bathroom i had raccoon
eyes. when i first used this i noticed the smell right off the bat it smells like rotten tomatoes and it is very liquidy. it is about 6$ at any
drugstore. the packaging is nice though comes in a shiny black tube with red lettering. WOULD DIFFIDENTLY NOT REPURCHASE!!!!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh. I think Maybelline mascaras just do not work for me. This was my first ever mascara and I totally hated it. It clumped my lashes and oh my my eyelashes were so stiff! I'm still searching for my HG mascara...

on 12/10/2008 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this mascara! It just clumps my lashes together every time! That's their idea of giving volume? Just as JelliBelli247 says, it makes it look as if I have just a few Big, Clumpy lashes! Horrible!!!!
Besides that, removing it is a Nightmare!
Don't waste your money on this product.

on 5/24/2008 11:24:00 AM

I have the volum express curved brush version, which is my HG mascara. So when I heard about this 'turbo' version I thought "wow, it'll work even better than my original!"

This mascara doesn't have the curved brush, which is a down-side. The stick straight brush made it really hard for me to build up volume, & there were hardly any bristles on the brush.

This neither lengthened or volumized my lashes. After putting on 3 coats I was really frustrated - the only difference to my lashes was that they looked darker.

Definately won't repurchase or recommend. My original volum express curved brush is 10 x better than this!

on 9/18/2007 11:40:00 AM

Flakes HORRIBLY on me. I mean horribly. Plus it clumps and barely lengthens. Will not be repurchasing.

worst mascara ever. soo clumpy. looks horrible. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. try maybelline intense xxl if you want volume, its amazing.

on 12/27/2005 1:43:00 PM

i was expecting for this to be a pretty good mascara, as i tried the waterproof version and loved it, but it was a piece of shit. i curl my eyelashes before i apply mascara, and it completely destoyed the curl..there was nooo volume at all..and it was very hard to coat the lashes..and didnt dry yet (half an hour later...). in conclusion, this mascara is comparable to maybelline's other piece of crap, great lash, and should be avoided. i dont know why i just didnt stick to covergirl's super thick lash...2000x better.

on 10/12/2005 9:29:00 PM

This is the worst mascara i've ever tried!
I thought that it would work great...but really, I couldn't even tell much of a difference in my lashes other than colour when I put this on. I don't like the gel formula- it takes a long time to dry, and doesn't work when you apply 2+ coats unless you want to wait a while. I curl my lashes before, and this doesn't hold the curl at ALL. It makes my lashes look short and not thick AT ALL. I don't recommend this to ANYBODY.

This stuff was disgusting. I have long and thin black lashes and all I wanted was some volume, but this stuff really made them look spiny and more stick-like than any other mascara I have tried. It also makes my lashes feel really dry. I highly recommend you don't use this stuff.

on 7/26/2004 11:41:00 AM

I went on a Maybelline eye make up shopping spree but oh my Lord...this mascara must be the king of all clumpy mascaras. I have never ever used a mascara as clumpy as this one; even my eye lash comb can't fix it. This didn't do very much in terms of volume or length. This did thicken though but it probably came about from all the clumping. My Dior maximeyes is 10x better. I threw this into the trash.