Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

on 3/18/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay so this thread is for the waterproof version but the picture shows a black and silver tube? I have the red and black one, I don't know if the picture is wrong or if they just changed it. So I was looking for a new mascara because my Loreal butterfly totally dried up on me and the falsies didn't coat my lashes good enough. I don't remember if i watched a youtube tutorial that included this but the packaging showed the wand and I really liked it, it was cheap so I was like whatever and bought it. Not dry or wet formula. Very... mousse-y? Haha, anyways the bristles are little but there's A LOT on there. It smelled mascara-y but I don't mind scent, as long as it doesn't irritate my eyes, which it didn't. It gave my already long and kind of full lashes great volume and length! I need to curl them because they're so stick straight and the waterproof part is the most important. I didn't like it for my tiny bottom lashes because of the amount of bristles. It was too poofy, but the falsies are good for my bottom lashes. Anyways, this mascara doesn't smudge or flake, keeps a curl all day and comes off easily with the gel makeup remover by maybelline. Love this mascara but I'm not too sure if i'd buy this again because I have found a new love haha

on 7/7/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Favourite mascara ever. I can't find any faults in it. Volumizes and lengthens your lashes with only one coat, and I personally don't get any clumps from it. It is amazing for the price that it is and I will be repurchasing till the end of my days.

on 1/14/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is a great mascara if you want natural looking lashes. Although if you want voluminous lashes then just keep building them up. I'd say 1-2 coats is natural and 4-5 coats makes them sky high.i wouldn't recommend this for lower lashes because the brush is thick so it's hard to use. It's a good mascara for school. I would definitely buy this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is NOT waterproof i bought this because i was in California and i needed a good waterproof mascara for the pool and beach. i put it one and went swimming and when i went to the bathroom i had raccoon
eyes. when i first used this i noticed the smell right off the bat it smells like rotten tomatoes and it is very liquidy. it is about 6$ at any
drugstore. the packaging is nice though comes in a shiny black tube with red lettering. WOULD DIFFIDENTLY NOT REPURCHASE!!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wear glasses and it is really annoying when your lashes hit the glasses and smudge the lens leaving flakes and smudges.
-This mascara leaves a natural look
-It doesn't clump and provides definition
-I doesn't provide instant length or volume
-can be buildable
-It is waterproof against tears but I wouldn't go swimming with this
-the wand is a good size and easy to use
-doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day
-would re-purchase if on sale or until I find something I like more

on 3/28/2011 10:18:00 AM

There is one friend of mine she has these pair of nice and open lashes that looked so naturally no clumps or anything. One day I asked her if she did wear any mascara, she said YES. I got excited! And went to buy it. Never regret since.

I love natural looking mascaras. This really opens up your eyes! I loveeeeeeee.

This was the FIRST mascara I ever used. I thought it would make my lashes super thick like the name implies. Lush lashes, check. Length, not so much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh. I think Maybelline mascaras just do not work for me. This was my first ever mascara and I totally hated it. It clumped my lashes and oh my my eyelashes were so stiff! I'm still searching for my HG mascara...

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This was one of the first mascaras I've ever tried, and I didn't regret it. I'm always on the lookout for a great volumizing mascara and this was very good. It never clumped on me and gave me great buildable volume. If I wanted a natural application, I got it. Something more dramatic? I got it. A good, all around mascara.

on 3/4/2010 3:56:00 AM

I really liked this mascara because it does what it says. One coat for a natural look and two for a dramatic look. It's wonderful because it holds my curl all day, it doesn't smudge and it seperates my lashes, also, it's quiet dark and gives me dramatic lashes. However, it does make my eyes teary sometimes and I don't like the look of the packaging.