Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 7/7/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Favourite mascara ever. I can't find any faults in it. Volumizes and lengthens your lashes with only one coat, and I personally don't get any clumps from it. It is amazing for the price that it is and I will be repurchasing till the end of my days.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh. I think Maybelline mascaras just do not work for me. This was my first ever mascara and I totally hated it. It clumped my lashes and oh my my eyelashes were so stiff! I'm still searching for my HG mascara...

on 7/17/2008 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

There's nothing special about this mascara that I can see. It's a basic everyday, semi-natural look for me. I'd hypothetically buy it again, except I'm still searching for my HG of volumizing mascara, so I probably won't. I'll finish out this tube and move on. I haven't noticed any real negatives to this as far as clumping, flaking, losing a curl, etc., but I did take off a lippie because it promises "turbo" volume and doesn't deliver.

on 12/9/2007 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara so far has been one of the best I've ever used, and I LOOOOVVVEEEE drug store makeup...so I've tried alot. It didn't really make my eyelashes super volumized but it did enough for a noticable difference, and the length was AMAZING. I've always been the kind of person to go for volume over length but since this one had both it was win win. With a semithick line of eyeliner, my eyelashes were on there way to looking fake. After I heated my eyelash curler with my blow dryer (best way to get the curl to set) and curled them, my eyelashes were beautiful. It was a little bit clumpy (but not compared to most mascaras) and the brush was a little bit hard to wield due to its large size and it kept getting on my eyelids while applying. I'm used to putting on mascara, so it's not like I'm inexperienced...it just might be a difficult mascara to put on in a rush. Those are the only reasons it got 4 stars instead of 5. Definitely recommend it to a friend...in fact I recommended it to my mom and she had already bought some and loved it:)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have the non-waterpoof version, and while it may be a bit more hard to remove than other washable mascaras - I find this to be the perfect, happy medium for me. A little extra cleanser and washing will gently remove this but it does not budge or smear during the day.

For my short, straight Asian eyelashes, this actually does slightly lengthen as well as delivery some gorgeous volume without too much clumping. The large brush is a bit of a bother for me but gets the lashes on both the edges of my eye nicely. Additionally, the formula is wet enough that waiting a bit after application and running a lash comb through leaves me with perfect lashes.

Highly recommended for the price. continued >>

on 8/15/2007 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yeesh. Clumped awfully, and flaked. Made my lashes feel brittle. To be fair, I never was good with mascara. And it did seem to tint my lashes darker after I washed it off.

on 8/7/2007 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

This mascara did not work well with me. It was clumpy, but that was easily resolved with Tweezerman's I-lash comb. My problem is that it irritate my eyes and this has never happened with any mascara before. Even after I washed it off, I still felt like it was there, stinging my eyes. It didn't seem to add the 7x volume it touted and really, it just seemed to me like any other mascara. Nothing special.

on 12/30/2006 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I brought this I was surprised. It made my lash look fake after one coat. I bought this for $6 and got an extra one as a free gift. I love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've never really used too much mascara. I had a gift voucher at a superstore which i had to use in someway and i bought this mascara with it, it was my third. For a mascara novice like me, this product is amazing. It gave my eyes a lift, its very black and three coats of it (after two dry) can easily give you the 'going-out' look. Moreover its so cheap compared to Dior and Estee Lauder. But I still think mascaras better than this have gotta be there. It is a pretty good product overall - its cheap, its very black and it is long lasting. If not applied properly it could give clumps, but if you know how to apply it, this is good stuff. I would recommend it to women who want blacker lashes.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an awesome mascara. I haven't tried the regular Volum Express but this had 'turbo boost', whatever that means. It really is waterproof and makes my barely there lashes longer! I don't see any difference in 'volume' but my lashes are really short so it looks 3 times longer/fuller when using this. Much better than L'oreal voluminous IMHO.