Sonia Kashuk Pretty in Pastels face palette

No Image

3.8

on 7/30/2004 8:24:00 PM

Okay, so first let me say how CUTE this palette is. It's totally cute. It was an impulse buy at 50% off, and I'm glad, because I'd be mad if I paid $20 for it.

The e/s are very sheer, and I'm very pale. They don't show up well on me. The blush is actually quite nice, though, and I like the eyeliner. Haven't yet tried the brushes.

on 6/26/2004 1:34:00 PM

This is a great palette. Didn't think the colors would all work for my cool ppp skin but blush is gorgeous, green shadow is pale and not weird looking, LOVE the glossy dark wine gloss/lippie. My only complaint is that Kashuk always makes these weird elastic pieces to hold the brushes and it's impossible to get the brushes back in. Oh, and LOVE the navy liner.

on 4/17/2004 3:58:00 PM

The best word that I can use to sum up this palette is SHEER.
This was an impulse buy on a cold, gray, and rainy day.
The eyeshadows (pastel pink, lime green, and periwinkle) while lovely in the pan, barely show up the color they are. Except for the pink one, which is lovely and relatively pigmented, the periwinkle color goes on essentially a sheer whitish color and the green shadow (which is very chalky)goes on white as well. The glosses- milky pink, peach, and deep rose- are lovely, moisturizing and pigmented. The blush is a medium pink in the pan that goes on quite sheerly. The brushes are of average quality; the eyeshadow brushes and spoolie are ok and the lip and blush brushes are quite good. The eye and lip liners are of good quality.
The packaging is chic and functional. A mixed bag: I would have returned it if Target didn't have such draconian return policies regarding makeup purchases. Still, for $20 it isn't bad; I will keep this in my car for on-the-run days.
EDIT: I rated it one star more as I have found that the eyeshadows applied wet are white w/ a green or purple iridescence; they weren't a total waste after all.

on 3/12/2004 4:49:00 PM

Bought it, love it :) Welcome summer!

on 3/2/2004 1:09:00 PM

I sorta bought this on a whim...at first i passed, then decided to purchase it because i like the planner style case and i needed some inexpensive travel brushes. Plus, it was warm out and the pallette made me think spring :)

I am glad i bought this for the case, because i am not too impressed by the product. The shadows are so pale as to barely show at all (i use FY eye as a base), in fact, the purple doesn't show at all on the eye, just barely on my fingertip (and i am very pale). The pink is lovely, the lime pretty but pale and chalky. The blush is ok and the glosses are very pretty, so it wasn't a total loss. I may just replace the shadow pans with other ones.

I also tried to see what i could fit in the planner and noted i could fit in a concealer (wand type) , nars blush and a couple GWP size shadow sets. Couldn't fit pot type items. So i do think this will do what i bought it for, which is serve as a decent travel case.

Wouldn't purchase again, but i would buy the case and brushes seperately if given the chance.

edited to say, i hate this set. the shadows won't show up for anything and when i tried to pack my makeup in the case yesterday, it wouldn't shut. it is going back.

on 3/1/2004 2:43:00 PM

This has got to be one of the cutest palettes ever. It comes in a shiny pink vinyl Filofax-type organizer that contains a mini-brush set on one side (blush, shadow, spoolie and lip as I recall), plus a dual-ended pencil with a nude pink lipliner at one end and a navy eyeliner at the other, and a palette in the plastic hinged compact on the other side. There are three shades of eyeshadow, all pastel, sheer and shimmery (periwinkle, pale pink and pale lime green), three sheer & shimmery glosses (white-pink, peachier pink and a berry pink) and one slightly shimmery dusty rose. My color descriptions may be a little off, but all the shades are LE. This just screams "SUMMER!" and is just adorable for $19.99. The brushes aren't top quality, but they get the job done, and I won't complain. This is a great purchase for a cool-toned person who prefers a sheer, yet subtly colorful, makeup application. In fact, my only real criticism would be that the eyeshadows may be a little too sheer. Sonia Kashuk also has a similar palette with more bronzy shades.