Cargo Loose Powder - PL-02

No Image

3.8

on 4/11/2016 11:42:00 PM

I also got a bad reaction to just as the reviewer below. I got red bumps and they are so itchy right below my cheeks and next to my mouth. I am trying to not touch but it feels like it almost burning. I don't know what ingredients this has but its not good.

It does not much at all. I have dry to normal skin. I only got it because it felt so silky smooth and thought it may make my makeup look like a blur effect and flawless.Did not do anything close to that!

I will definitely return this to Kohl's and don't even bother to wonder about this. I only found these 7 reviews and no wonder its not talked about its not good at all. Save those $33 on something better .I'm not gunna talk about the HD part because this product didn't make it that far .

on 10/25/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder because the girl had said that it worked for her sensitive skin and didn't cause her any break outs. Maybe her skin wasn't as sensitive as she thought it was? Unfortunately for me, after a few days of trying this out, I had a weird reaction to it. I got these little itchy reddish bumps in areas where I NEVER break out. I still have a few and they don't look like acne nor do they feel like acne, they're just itchy bumps. This is the only new product in my makeup routine so I assumed that this is what caused the bumps. I usually use a relatively inexpensive powder by NYX; their HD finishing powder, which is pure silica and no other added ingredients and it has never given me any problems (with the exception of the packaging which is a bit messy). Speaking of packaging, this loose powder by Cargo has really annoying packaging. There's a mesh-like filter, where the product comes out of, and a strange protruding cylindrical thing in the lid to cover up the mesh filter when it's closed. When I dip my brush gently on top of the filter, way too much product ends up on my brush. Because the lid is abnormal in comparison to other translucent loose powders, I can't really tap off the excess product into the lid, much less pick up the excess if I do tap it off in the lid. I hate having to tap it off in the sink because I feel like it wastes so much product. One positive thing I can say is that it has decent oil control--I didn't need to apply more midday like I do with other powders. I can't say whether or not it actually photographs well because I can't really see a difference.

Overall, this is definitely not worth the $27 that I paid for it.

on 4/28/2004 1:17:00 PM

My HG powder, i can't believe how wonderful this stuff is!!! silky, finely milled, sheer,wonderful! everything a god powder should be. originally, i bought this powder because most other powders weren't yellow enough for my skin. now that i've been using it- i just cannot say enough good things about this product. i've been cutting down on my foundation use in the last year, and a dusting of this stuff gives you a flawless complexion. wears beautifully throughout the day, too. there's also a lot of product for what you pay for, so i believe it'll take me a good while to use this all up. i will definitely repurchase. i have been really getting into cargo products lately, and am finding that they make some really good stuff! definitely worth checking out.

i like this powder! its finely milled and it can kinda double as my foundation. it didnt break me out. i have oily skin and i can prolly say that it last for about 2 hours and then, i have to retouch again. i dont think its not that bad. i def. like the packaging! it looks sturdy.. would def. purchase again

on 3/31/2006 1:38:00 AM

This powder has a nice fine and silky texture, and does what I want a powder to do...set my foundation and feel good on. I was happy with it, but I wasn't attached enough not to wander when I finished my jar. Would consider getting it again though when I finish my BE Mineral Veil. The Cargo one was a few bucks more, but is twice the size of the BE. Performance-wise, I don't think there was that much of a difference.

on 1/15/2006 5:32:00 PM

I'm happy with this product over all. It gives a very nice subtle coverage. The quantity is generous compared to other cargo products. It's also very easy to apply. I may or may not buy this again. I heard some good stuff about Almay loose powder, so I might try that out before buying this again. It's not too expensive, but not very cheap either.

on 2/29/2004 8:49:00 PM

I haven't had this long. I wanted to give an immediate response on the powder because I was pleased to find a powder I find gives my skin the brightening boost I was looking for, unhappy with my previous powder buys. This is a slightly yellow beige powder. I am LLL (or PPP - I'm not sure of the difference) and I like how this illustrates the pale canvas of my skin. I think it leaves a surface for my other colours to show through. I have yet to discover how long this lasts over the day. I'll update my post later. I only gave 4 stars because I can't rave until I have gotten a better feel.

on 4/28/2004 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with Divinevi about the shade being good for LLL's and also that it has a strong yellow tone that is great. I love this powder. It is very finely milled and feels slightly cool going on, somehow. It gives a very matte, even-toned, uncakey finish. It's beautiful, the best powder I've used so far ever. And better yet, for some reason, this particular shade of Cargo loose powder was selling for $12 rather than the usual $24 on Beauty.com. It's not under the sale section. Just go to Cargo, to loose powder, and click on this particular shade and the price is there (at least,it was for me). Amazing powder for that price, and perhaps even worth $24. Very, very pleased. I find that it lasts well and that if I need to retouch it, it still doesn't get cakey. Also, the canister is nice looking and has a screw on metal lid. For some reason, I'm always breaking the plastic lids on loose powders, so I am very happy with the metal lid. I guess you can tell I like this powder! Update: Still managed to break even this lid! LOL. But still love the powder.