Neutrogena T-Sal Therapeutic Shampoo

Neutrogena T-Sal Therapeutic Shampoo

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (3%) (Anti-dandruff) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Polyquaternium 22, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate

on 3/8/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep my sensitive scalp happy with my Aveda Scalp Benefits Shampoo and Conditioner. But on the very rare occasion my scalp is acting finicky (itchy/flakey), that's when I reach for the T/Sal therapeutic shampoo. I notice my scalp improving and usually clearing after the first wash. There is no scent, it foams up nicely and rinses clean. Leave in for 3-5 minutes for best results. I have color-treated hair and I haven't noticed any problems, but YMMV. It's good stuff!

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 3%
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Polyquaternium 22, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate.

I'm happy to see my empty bottle in the trash. I found this helped my scalp only slightly and all throughout my use I kept getting deep painful acne breakouts on my scalp towards my back neckline. I also have noticed I have been breaking out and clogging more around my temples and my forehead. Something in this formula doesn't bode well with my picky skin.

on 7/29/2016 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In terms of making your hair look aesthetically better it doesn't do much however it has relieved my frustratingly itchy scalp. I didn't really have dandruff, but for the past year my scalp was continuously itchy and other shampoos seemed to have no effect. After trying this shampoo my scalp is no longer itchy. Since this shampoo is sulfate free and doesn't have any bells or whistles I normally shampoo a second time especially in the summer.

on 9/2/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had dandruff since teenage,but it got lot worse last winter.My scalp got very itchy,flaky and few areas were too painful to touch combined with heavy hair loss.I even hesitated to go outside because of the flakes showing even after washing my hair.Since Head&shoulders didnt work,i googled and got the t-sal.After 4 washes,my scalp was almost back to normal.I applied twice during each wash and waited for few mins before rinsing off and rest of the hair with H&S.
Now i use it whenever my scalp feels itchy or every week.I do loose more hair sometimes than usual during one of the washes,but i do nothing different.

This is no frills, doesn't smell like anything great, and the packaging is not cute. But it's amazing! I had such an itchy scalp and could scratch off gunk all the time (gross, I know) and I felt like my scalp always smelled. Now my scalp feels clean, but my hair is never dry and I am so happy with it. Not sure if it's related, but my hair has also been growing a lot faster since using this. It used to take 4 months to grow an inch, and I swear my growth has doubled. Maybe it's because my scalp is cleared of gunk?

on 4/18/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This stuff works really well! I don't suffer from dandruff, but I have a smelly scalp due to hormonal changes even though I wash my hair everyday. Let me tell you, this works great in terms of balancing out your scalp, getting rid of odor, and keeping your scalp health. It also gets rid of scalp acne and makes your hair feel very soft.

I first wash and leave it in my hair for around 3-4 minutes. Then I wash again with my head and shoulders soft and silky shampoo. The combination together has made my husband happy. He says that my hair finally smells nice again. He said that my hair also seems to be softer and healthier. I'm very happy with this product.

For those wondering, I have thick and coarse asian hair that gets oily if I don't wash it every day.

on 2/18/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is amazing for scalp build up and minor dandruff! I've had dandruff for years. I remember in elementary school when we would get our lice inspections, and the nurse would sit there digging through my hair then announce, in front of all the other kids, "Looks like you have some dandruff, hun". And after being humiliated time and time again, I finally talked to my dermatologist, who recommended T-Sal. NOT T-Gel, which is the single most disgusting thing I have ever used/smelled. T-Sal, which makes my scalp flake-free and clean thanks to the salicylic acid. Highly recommend this to all you minor dandruff sufferers. :)

This was okay but it didn't work as well as I had anticipated. I just finished the bottle and bought T/Gel to try out since this didn't work too well for me. It didn't help whatsoever with my dandruff. This definitely helped with build up, though! My hair feels really clean after using it -- which may be mistaken for feeling dry, but I really like the deep cleaning aspect of it.

Also, it doesn't smell near as bad as T/Gel. It actually kind of smells like chocolate to me...although my mom doesn't think it does. Either way, it definitely doesn't smell as bad as T/Gel.

on 10/15/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

An esthetician recommended this for my acne, so I've been using it as a face wash in the mornings. The 3% salicylic acid is stronger than the percentage in any face product I've seen. It's a gel, and I was afraid it would be stripping since every other gel face cleanser strips my skin, but it's not. I wash with the T-Sal then use a wet microfiber washcloth after I step out of the shower, and my usually flaky and peeling skin (thank you, Tazorac) is much smoother.

i started using this with great success BUT i did notice that my hair was falling out more than usual. after studying the ingredients, i found the ingredient SODIUM C14-16 OLEFIN SULFONATE to be really bad. stay far away!

Popular Hair Treatments