AG Hair Cosmetics Recoil Curl Activator

4.2

Water/aqua/eau, Polyquaternium-55, Hydroxypropyl Starch, Cetylalcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Corn Starch Modified, Cetrimonium Chloride, Salvia Officinalis (sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Melissaofficinalis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Cymbopogonschoenanthus Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Sodium PCA, Polyquaternium-10, Magnesium Sulfate, Silk Amino Acids, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzedkeratin, Panthenol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tetrasodiumedta, Parfum/ Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One of my curly hair staples. I live in Australia and unfortunately we have very few curly brands available and those that we do have, tend be loaded with alcohols and dimethicone. AG however, is one brand we do get here so thank you AG! I love this product because of the magnesium sulfate it contains, making it truly curl enhancing. Helps me to create nice clumpy curls, giving them an extra ounce of bounce. I don't find it too drying either despite the magnesium sulfate. Saying that, I don't find this product to be overly moisturising or frizz fighting either. But I find that I can never use one product alone in my routine, I always have to layer multiple products - one for moisture, one for curl enhancing, one for hold etc.

Re:coil does have pretty decent hold for a cream, but it will not substitute for a gel. I like to apply this when I'm out of the shower and my hair is still quite wet, but not saturated and dripping. I mix a dollop in my hands with a bit of water until it makes that thick white film and then I rake and comb it through my hair. Afterwards I do a little bit of finger coiling and then gently scrunch with Kinky Curly Custard. If you are going through a phase where your hair feels blegh or flat then give this a try! A little also goes a long way, so remember not to use too much or it might weight your hair down. This is one of those products that is raved about in the curly community and I can see why. I find that only very few products work consistently for me and this is one of them. I also find that I can use this product all year round, despite the changing seasons.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This feels grimy on my hands and on my 3b curls. It isn't smooth enough to spread evenly through my hair. It doesn't control frizz well and it dulls what little shine I have. Definitely only works on the day I wash my hair, no good for day 2+ hair, as the control has left by then and the frizz is there. It's more affordable than a lot of competing products, and it's easier to get all the product out of the tube, but those are really the only good points.

To Read all 97 Reviews, Login or Join

This is what you need if you want to turn limp curls into shiny healthy looking ringlets. Period.

I have spent much time and money trying products that claim the same but don't deliver.

I have fine, medium thickness, 2C/3A curls that can go from pathetic to formed 3A curls if I keep them in good condition.

With THIS...well, it turned my head into a shiny mix of 2C, 3A and 3B curls!

I did a treatment, then washed as normal, put in a leave in conditioner, then used a pea sided amount of this in my hair. Rubbed between my hands till they went white and coated, then smoothed and scrunched this in my hair. Diffused my hair on low speed, medium heat and left it to settle for 10 mins or so after it was dry before making a decision.

And pow! Awesome. Holy Grail. Will never be without this now. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this stuff! I cannot live without this amazing product. Let's just do a quick breakdown:
Pros:
- creates an beautiful curl pattern
- no crunch, no stiffness, no weight
- good value (I know it is more expensive, but the bottle lasts forever, you only need the tiniest amount!)
- silicone free!
- actually easy to find in Canada (yaaaaaas)

Cons:
- I have the pump bottle and sometimes the pump gets a little clogged but I can totally deal with that for the results!
- up front cost higher than ideal (but honestly worth it and you will have it forever)

I don't think I will ever stop using this stuff, my hair just doesn't look the same without it! Would 100% recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was disappointed in this. After the glowing reviews I thought this was going to be IT. Granted I have only been working with my wavy 2A/2B hair for a month now but this didn't do what I wanted for my hair. It didn't give me 2nd day bounce back like I was looking for and it was too heavy for me.

I also wanted more. I need more and lasting style aid because my hair and waves are a tad lazy after years of straightening according to my stylist. This didn't last long and then frizz and curls were relaxing where they are reluctant to stay in the curls I put them in. Maybe I am that person looking for a little crunch that I can squinch out. I will keep looking.

From what I understand from my ongoing "class" in curly wavy hair is that there is a continuous quest for perfect products for our own hair types. I will take any guidance I can find.

I have fine wavy hair (2B) & have tried more products than I can list! Most of them made my hair crunchy or to were too heavy...
This product was amazing I put on a quarter size amount which sadly was too much (have to use a dime size next time), but my waves turned into beautiful corkscrew curls! The crunchiness I experienced from putting to much dissipated after playing with my hair for a bit, but is my advice for anybody who's applied too much & doesn't want to re-wash! I did not find a drawing at all. I must add that I only used the curl activator- I did not use the shampoo or conditioner which will be my next purchase!
I can only imagine how beautiful my curls will look once I use the whole line! (Yes I buying the shampoo & conditioner even though I have a LOT of other shampoos now! That's how impressed I am!!) If you have any type of wave in your hair at all try this as it will make a huge difference, even if you only use the curl activator by itself! Just remember a little goes a long way!! It did cost $40 Canadian...but that was for the biggest bottle...and this will last for months using 1 pump each time!😊

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used mine up but it is the best--turns my prone-to-frizz hair into luscious Shirley Temple curls. No crunchiness or grease. Soft shiny boing-y curls. Foolproof. You need v little; mine lasted me the past couple of years.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

What a great product. This is my second purchase. The first time I purchased this, I liked it but preferred Deva Curl Angel and Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Cream. Then I splurged and got a Deva curl cut. What a big difference in this product after the cut. It's a little expensive, even though I gave it five lippies on the price, this product is worth every penny. Try it, keep the receipt and if you don't like it, just return it. Embrace your curls and turn heads.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have thick, coarse hair, so this product does not have enough hold to keep my curls in shape on its own - I have to combine it with a gel (right now I'm using Ouidad's Curl Quenching gel). However, if I want a frizz-free, relaxed sort of beachy waves look, I can use those alone (I work it into sopping wet hair & I then allow to air drive). I like this product & would definitely buy it again, but it's not holy grail for me. I *am* interested enough that I want to try out A/G's shampoo & conditioner for curly hair.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

To start off, I have fine 3b-3c'ish curls. Recoil for me, is just alright. Makes my curls look SUPER curly. What I don't like is that, it clumps my curls. I like my curls to be seperated. It's also a bit heavy and leaves little to no shine. The worst part is, when I scrunch the crunch out, my hands and hair feel gross. I mean, the nastiest feeling film ever. Pretty sure it's the silicone....oh yeah, this stuff has silicones. It does make my curls look really ....curly....but with the strikes against it, I highly doubt I'd repurchase when it's gone. I much more prefer Oyin Shine and Define and or Curl Keeper.

Popular Styling Products