Chanel No 5 Bath Soap (Savon Pour Le Bain)

Chanel No 5 Bath Soap (Savon Pour Le Bain)

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This soap is amazing!!! I will keep buying it rather than using bath&bodyworks bodywashes. It feels so lux. It smells so good! And your skin feels fragrantly soft after using it. An every day luxury! This soap will crack but it doesn't really affect it except it's aesthetics it still works great!! A chanel soap dish should be provided is my only gripe but it's not too cost prohibitive to use daily I just love it.

I have bought this product over and over again. At first I thought I was crazy for spending the mondy but it smells so good. This bar of soap wont turn mushy after a few weeks...it will last.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This my first ever Chanel soap and OMG I'm in love! It comes in a black and white box that looks so posh! It was 22 from the perfume shop and its 150g so quite a large soap. Take it out of the box and its cellophane wrapped, its kind of oval shaped, with chanel underneath and no5 on top. The smell is sooo strong, its similar to the EDP spray with the soapyness, its how you want a soap to smell, real strong and clean. Its really lovely to use and is unlike soaps i've used before, not squeeky clean like a lush soap but not moisturised like a dove soap, it feels in between but when you dry, your skin feels great and moisturised. I even used it on my face (tut tut I know) but my face felt fine after. I used this every day with a natural sea sponge, I dont use it for special occasions because I want to feel good every day. Ive already got coco mademoiselle in my cupboard to try next, I use coco mademoiselle velvet oil spray and coco mademoiselle deodorant after. I will always use chanel soap forever now, because I love it so!

on 2/15/2014 1:53:00 PM

Love this soap.
It lathers beautifully with a thick, rich, creamy lather that doesn't dry out the skin and the scent is amazing. Strong, cold, clean floral aldehydes. There's not much of the more creamy, musky notes of N5 EdT or EdP, which can be either a good or a bad thing, depending on what you like. I personally love those notes, but I don't mind them being absent in the soap.
I love how luxurious this soap feels. I love how big it is and the soft creamy pink color and the shape.
The scent does last for a while on skin, but I can't comment on how long exactly, because I usually use perfume (either N5 EdT or any other perfume) after using the soap.

on 10/27/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

love, love, love! always ask for this at Christmas it's that good! gorgeous packaging with a beautiful sent that lasts and lasts! love! HG for me!

on 3/5/2013 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great soap for a personal splurge session in the bath. If you really love the smell of this perfume, and would like to be surrounded by it while relaxing in the bath or in the shower, this is great.

It's also nice that the smell is there but not overpowering. The smell does not stay strongly after the bath so it does not replace spritzing the actual perfume.

It would be nice for a gift, or for a personal splurge. Not something I would get for everyday use though, since it is a little pricey.

on 1/26/2013 3:25:00 AM

Very pleasant indeed. I agree with other reviewers that the soapy aspects of No 5 translate well into a bar soap. It lasts well, lathers beautifully and leaves a subtle scent. The bar does split a little, so one lippie off for that. A great gift for the No 5 lover in your life!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Oh yum, oh yum. I can't say enough about this soap. Chanel No 5 is my favorite frag ever, and this soap is a fresher way to experience the scent; it draws out the naturally "soapy" notes and has less of the ylang and jasmine that offends some people who would otherwise like No 5. It is so incredibly fragrant that I use the box it comes in as a drawer sachet!

It's a very nice quality soap, too: rich lathering, silky feeling, lasts a long time. Leaves a pleasant amount of scent on the skin; a real Hollywood-diva bathing experience. My one gripe is I wish it came in a soap dish!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this soap. I am a big fan of Chanel #5 and between this and the shower gel and lotion this is the best. It is expensive ($17 USD) but will last a real long time. My last bar lasted almost a year! It cleans good too on top of being very fragrant. Definitly my favorite!

on 5/9/2007 9:05:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this soap! It compliments the 'soapy' fragrance of No.5, but the best thing is that it lathers in this incredibly lush and rich foam and moisturizes my skin wonderfully leaving it delicately and sexy scented. I like to follow with the Body Satin Spray from the same line -- a great continous spray oil, which leaves my skin heavenly soft and more scented. Just a little spritz of EDT and I'm ready to conquer the day!!

Popular Fragrances