no images

3.6

Created with Sketch.
16 reviews
50%
would repurchase
2.9/5
package quality

price range

Reviews


5.0
Created with Sketch.

a year ago

This is a recent discovery for me and I love it . I think it may be out of production, but there are still bottles left to purchase. It is a lovely scent and a bit of light spices and amber , similar to Trevor . I prefer it to Tresor . There is a melon note that appears when first sprayed, but then it disappears , and I am glad because I do not care for melon in perfume . This is not a heavy scent that I am getting from the bottle I purchased ( Jan 2019 ) . It does last quite a long time compared to the other pitiful perfumes I recently sampled that are IFRA compliant disasters that I purchased and returned . This is a good performer and and a great value . I did an experiment and mixed 50% Volupte and 50% Diamonds and Rubies ( Elizabeth Taylor) and I got a phenomenal scent ( sorry for bragging ) that is full bodied with fantastic sillage . And the two of them are very inexpensive. The combined notes are somewhat similar, but together they resulted in a spicy version of vintage Samsara - soooo pretty .

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen



3.0
Created with Sketch.

6 years ago

I bought this after really loving the fragrance many years ago. I do actually love the fragrance but the EDT is rubbish when it comes to the sillage of the product. I only bought it because it was on sale on the website where I buy all my perfume and I love trying out new products gauged on reviews on this website. I read the the EDP was too strong so stuck to the EDT and found that after about an hour I couldn't even smell the perfume anymore. The initial spray is pretty strong and has a very candy-like scent, very much like Tresor but this does calm down and although the fragrance is still quite sweet I think it dries down to a pleasant musky smell. I probably wouldn't bother buying another bottle even though this one has lasted ages now. Again another blind buy that I was a little disappointed with despite average reviews.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue


3.0
Created with Sketch.

7 years ago

Another one that I dab rather than spray. This is by Sophia Grojsman. What I get with this one is ylang-ylang, rose and mimosa. Not a young and fresh mimosa like Champs-Elysees, but a slightly more 'mature' one. The florals, as with some Grojsmans are not hugely distinct, it's more a melange. It's less 'fleshy' than something like Tresor and Diamonds and Rubies, probably because of a slightly higher pitched top -- slightly melon-y and green. Nice one if you're in the mood for a lot of flowers. I give it three and three quarter lippies; for what it is, it should really be the same price (discounted) as Diamonds and Rubies - which is by the same perfumer. Both this and D&R are less interesting versions of Tresor, which was one of Grojsman's better perfumes. With this one, I have to wait a bit for it to calm down. It's the perfume equivalent of suffering an attack of 'hysteria' and having to wait for the sedatives to kick in. Once they do (once the perfume settles down) life -- or the smell -- becomes easier... Nice bottle, will not repurchase in my lifetime because it goes a long way Dry down is feminine and...very floral.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther


5.0
Created with Sketch.

10 years ago

I wore Volupte in parfum form in the early 1990s, and when I ran out, I tossed out the empty bottle, never realizing how hard to find this fragrance would become. Flash forward to March 2010, and I have just scored a parfum mini like the one I used to have. And let me tell you, this is utterly divine. Volupte is a fruity floral with mouthwatering melon and aqueous overtones, but it is much smoother and more sophisticated than the ones being marketed today. You could never mistake it for Juicy Couture or Flora or Daisy. It's ten times better, in my opinion, and I don't think it's just my nostalgia. I have never tried Volupte in EDT form, but I wouldn't doubt that it smells sharper, as most fragrances are radically different between EDT and parfum concentration. One of these days, I may buy some EDT off eBay, but for now, I'm content to enjoy my parfum. It's the smoothest thing on earth: not too sweet and not too tart.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesOther


3.0
Created with Sketch.

10 years ago

This is "Eternity Light", which is a good thing. In my book, it translates to a powdery and ambery floral. Not bad, especially for the rock bottom price.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel


3.0
Created with Sketch.
from

11 years ago

I initially smelled this fragrance years ago when it first debuted in the early nineties. At that time it was one of the nicest fragrances I've ever smelled. Then, a couple of years ago I found a 100 ml EDT for $20.00 at a drugstore so decided to purchase. Still smells nice but there are many better smelling fragrances now. There is not much difference from the opening to the dry down. The fragrance is classified as a sharp floral but I would say it's more of a sweet floral. The 2 main notes I smell are melon and powder. Nice fragrance for day to day but I probably would not purchase again.

About reviewer (249 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown


3.0
Created with Sketch.

12 years ago

I don't love this, but I don't dislike it either. It's quite ambery and woody on me....quite pleasant but nothing special. There are many fragrances that I like more than Volupte.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen


2.0
Created with Sketch.

12 years ago

I bought this on clearance for dirt cheap at a local drugstore. I took it home unsniffed based on good reviews here - I figured a 75% approval rating represented good odds for me, and the notes sounded okay. Well I found out that I figure in with the other 25% after all. There is one note in this that goes really plasticky and awful with my chemistry - I think Tresor by Lancome has the exact same note. On me these two fragrances smell nearly identical - and equally horrible. I gave my bottle away to a woman at my workplace who wears it better than I ever could.

About reviewer (489 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel


5.0
Created with Sketch.

13 years ago

This sat in my bathroom cabinet forever until I put it on my rotation & its grown fast on me. At this stage in my life I'm a little sick of sweetly over-feminized scents. Maybe I smell it every where I go & some people just go over board & drown themselves in perfumes. Volupte is a unique mix of citrus & woodsy amber notes. I like it cause its not over the top girly & it sit with u nicely all day. I don't know how else to describe it but it's a calming, self-assured scent. It may not "drive the men wild" because this scent is for a woman to wear for herself not somebody else & I really like that.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

HairBrown

EyesBrown


5.0
Created with Sketch.

13 years ago

This scent is described on other sites as a floral-oriental type perfume. It does seem that way to me, as I can definately smell the carnation and jasmine. But you can smell the mandarin, too, which is wonderful and "lightens" the perfume up. This didn't smell fruity at all to me until I read about the mandarin, but you can sure smell the amber and musk toning down the floral bouquet. Not a heavy "floriental" at all. In fact, it reminds me of turkish delight or the discontinued BPAL Blood Rose. Definately something I would repurchase as I am always looking out for something different. Somebody compared this to "Ralph." There's absolutely nothing in common with them. This is a mature, complex scent that grows on you. An absolute keeper!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown