Avon Beyond Color Lash Fortifying Mascara

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/5/2006 6:08:00 PM

What a disappointment! This mascara builds little length and less thickness, and also has a very wet texture. Even worse, it has no staying power at all and I find myself having to reapply several times a day. And not only that, the mascara liquefied in the tube (making a gloppy mess) during cool, breezy March weather. Talk about a low melting point! The brush is quite good and the silver tube is interestingly shaped and attractive; too bad the mascara itself is so poor.

i didnt care for it, i felt it made my lashes clumpy, and i didnt find it fortifying. : (

but even more irritating was that in hot weather and humidity, the black gasket type part that is suposed to scrape off the excess mascara and be attached to the lower portion of the tube comes out with the wand. screw the lid back on a wait until it is less humid and it works just fine. i also had this problem with two tubes of their curl-ascious mascara.

i wont buy it again, because it is not the mascara for me, i am still on a search for the perfect mascara : ) continued >>

on 7/9/2004 11:52:00 PM

I normally use Loreal mascara, but wanted to take advantage of the low price of the Avon brand. Although I have only used it for a week, I found that the formula is rather thin, and needs several scrappings against the tube to remove the excess, otherwise my eyelashes all become one. The other problem I encountered was the applicator itself. The brush bristles were spaced to far apart for me to really separate my lashes, again leading me to have a one giant lash look. As far as removal, I haven't experienced a problem, nor can I say that it really prevents breakage, and promotes fuller lashes. Perhaps I need to give it more time to see results, but only if Avon promises to improve on the applicator and consistency of the product.

on 5/9/2004 3:02:00 AM

I love this mascara.I dont have broken lashes but I thought I would give this a try.Thinking that if my hair is dry,maybe my lashes are too.
It goes on great.Very easy to apply and I did not find it watery at all.Went on great and it left lashes very soft and smooth.No clumpng or flaking.
A must have mascara that has become my HG mascara.
Also after using it for a few days,I used my reg.mascara and it went on even better.Makes lashes thick and full.