Avon Beyond Color Lash Fortifying Mascara

No Image

2.7

on 2/28/2004 9:15:00 PM

I had high hopes for Avon's newest mascara. However, it's not even close to what I had hoped. This mascara is marketed to those who have broken, dry, uneven lashes that need fortifying. I don't know if it fortifies lashes and helps them or not - because I'm too concerned about the fact that this mascara doesn't thicken well, doesn't lengthen well, requires several coats to really darken and build lashes well; and flakes off.

Bad news. Period. continued >>

on 3/31/2004 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this mascara when it was at intro price for $2.99 and I had high hopes for it since I have been losing more lashes than usual lately. Well, so far, I don't see that it is any different from a regular mascara other than the consistency--it is very watery. This makes it difficult to apply because it is so thin and wet. I wipe the wand as much as I can and it still sort of applies unevenly but it does darken fairly well and I haven't experienced any flaking. I think the claim of "fortifying" needs to be dropped since it is really just plain, old mascara.

on 5/9/2004 3:02:00 AM

I love this mascara.I dont have broken lashes but I thought I would give this a try.Thinking that if my hair is dry,maybe my lashes are too.
It goes on great.Very easy to apply and I did not find it watery at all.Went on great and it left lashes very soft and smooth.No clumpng or flaking.
A must have mascara that has become my HG mascara.
Also after using it for a few days,I used my reg.mascara and it went on even better.Makes lashes thick and full.

on 5/26/2004 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this mascara, unfortunatlly when I wash it off it creeps into my eyes. eck. It is good for an everyday mascara.

I bought this mascara for $3.99 CDN. I guess the very reasonable price encouraged me to give this product a try. (I usually use Loreal's mascaras.)Anyway, I went in not really expecting much. Here's the result: I've been using the mascara for almost three weeks, and can honestly say that Avon lives up to its claims. My lashes are definately stronger. I no longer find loose lashes floating around on my cheeks or sticking to the tip of fingers. (I tend to rub my eyes a lot in allergy season.) I'll definately get this mascara again. In fact, after trying out their Sweet Honesty perfume and eye make-up remover I might just switch to Avon's line.

on 7/9/2004 11:52:00 PM

I normally use Loreal mascara, but wanted to take advantage of the low price of the Avon brand. Although I have only used it for a week, I found that the formula is rather thin, and needs several scrappings against the tube to remove the excess, otherwise my eyelashes all become one. The other problem I encountered was the applicator itself. The brush bristles were spaced to far apart for me to really separate my lashes, again leading me to have a one giant lash look. As far as removal, I haven't experienced a problem, nor can I say that it really prevents breakage, and promotes fuller lashes. Perhaps I need to give it more time to see results, but only if Avon promises to improve on the applicator and consistency of the product.

on 3/3/2005 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Dreadful product. Every possible mascara problem, I experienced it. Lashes sticking together, eyelid smearing on application AND after a mere few hours of wear, flaking, and clumping. Absolutely not worth any amount of money, not even free.

What I love about this is that it really strenghtens your lashes and the shape that they take is beautiful... Everybody notices the difference when I wear it...just let it dry to avoid a little mess.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite mascara.Doesn't clump and leaves my lashes nice. Removes easily too.Great Buy.

This mascara is horrible,one of the worst I have ever tried. This mascara flakes more than any other mascara I have ever tried! It DOES not add any length or volume at all to your lashes. Avon had yet to come out with a good mascara!