Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel - Honey Mango

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel - Honey Mango

3.8

Not tested on animals

Purified water, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl isethionate, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, certified organic sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower, melissa officinalis (lemon balm), centella asiatica (gotu kola) and chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extracts, citric acid, sodium chloride, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance

on 1/5/2017 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's called honey mango but i see no honey or mango in the ingredients list...sigh.

on 6/29/2006 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My favorite HG shower gel.Love the smell,love the consistency,love the fact that is free of harsh detergents,it moisturizes and cleanses so so good.I stopped itching the minute i started using it,i just love it!Great huge size pump dispenser available, A+

I love this stuff. As a reviewer noted, it does have a relative of SLS in it, which doesn't bother my skin, but I imagine if it bothers yours, you probably know it. I pay 12.99 at a local shop for 32 ounces, which really makes it cheaper than buying a lot of mainstream drugstore brands where you pay 5-7 dollars for 8-12 ounces. It leaves my skin soft.

on 4/9/2004 11:57:00 AM

When I read the reviews on MUA for this stuff, I could not wait to get my hands on it. I did research on the ingredients, called the company, and made sure that it did not have any Sodium Lauryl - Laureth - Myreth Sulfate in it.

When we received our first lot of it, we loved it. Very nice. No itching. Beautiful smell. Smooth. Nice lather.

However, the second purchase was a nightmare. ALBA BOTANICA has changed their ingredients to include SODIUM MYRETH SULFATE, which is far more irritating than SLS is! My family was in agony with the itching.

The reaction of the company to my anger at them for changing the ingredients without being honest about it (SMS is a direct relative of SLS and they make a big deal of saying no SLS in their products) was completely cold. They offered me 20% off to purchase more of this horrible new stuff.

Although I loved this before, we hate it now and would never purchase it again. Thankfully, I managed to get my hands on a gallon of the old formulation before it was all gone. When it is, unless that company changes back to the old formulation, we would not get this if they PAID US TO USE IT!!!

continued >>

on 2/27/2004 8:08:00 PM

Nicely scented bodywash that makes lots of creamy non drying lather. The honey-mango scent is true but not sickly sweet or synthetic...perfect for a nice relaxing shower. Took off one lipstick for the fact that my skin does not smell like anything when i'm done showering...I like a bit of a lingering scent.