La Prairie Vitamin C Serum [DISCONTINUED]

La Prairie Vitamin C Serum [DISCONTINUED]

La Prairie C Energy Cellular Serum Ingredients: Water, SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Ascorbic Acid, Cyclomethicone, PEG-4 Arbutin, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Ubiquinone, Carnitine, Ergothioneine, Perfluorodecalin*, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Atelocollagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phospholipids, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Ethoxydiglycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Allantoin, Glycereth-26, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Methylparaben La Prairie Cellular Defense Shield Vitamin C Crème: Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Petrolatum, Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Paraffin, Polybutene, C 18-28 Alkyl Acetate, Polyethylene, Isohexadecane, Shea Butter, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isotearate, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Glycoproteins, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Extract, Safflower Oil, Mannitol, Locus Bean Gum, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 11/27/2006 9:36:00 AM

WHY ON EARTH - OH WHY HAS THIS WONDERFUL PRODUCT BEEN DISCONTINUED! IT IS/WAS BY FAR THE BEST VITAMIN C SERUM I HAVE EVER USED. THE SCENT IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD.
MY SKIN WAS GLOWING!!! AMAZING! TOO BAD IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN GERMANY.

on 1/2/2006 7:50:00 PM

Be careful if you're sensitive...this one can really irritate! It's got a high dosage of vitamin C, but it's ascorbic acid, so it's not very stable. I had a bit of irritation, which reminded me of the trouble I had with Cellex-C years ago. If your skin can handle it, this is a good serum. I must warn you to use it up and don't let it sit around. This stuff will go bad quickly, as we found out at work when we found that a tester has turned dark brown in the bottle! Needless to say, the customer didn't end up purchasing the serum.

Serum stung when first applied to skin, I guess it's the sign of Vitamin C working. Skin clarity improved a bit after continuous use, but it does not warrant the high price of the serum.

on 3/18/2005 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If you have hyperpigmentation on your face due to pregnancy, hormones, sun damage, etc. this is the product that can really work for you. I use this only at night before applying my moisturizer. I was really surprised after about 6 weeks that my annoying brown spots seemed to really be fading away and were easier to cover. It also gives a slight overall radiance to my skin and I can notice a difference when I don't use the product. The LP serums are all extremely effective - especially for women over 40. Pricey, but you do get what you pay for.

on 1/17/2005 10:41:00 PM

I love this product and didn't realize until recently that I hadn't written a review. I started with the Retexurizing Booster which is amazing and started using this in am, the retexurizer in the evening. My skin is smooth, even toned and bright. I've since tried several other C serums (SkinMedica, Celluar RX, Obaji) but I keep coming back to this one! Way too expensive, but to me it's worth the results. La Prairie makes great products for women over 40!

on 11/6/2004 11:19:00 AM

This is a vitamin C serum designed to be used at night. I have had to stop using this product after a few days due to the smell - quite unusual and difficult to describe - but smells like a mixture of coffee and tea. However, I've seen some improvement even in the few days that I've used it - skin a lot clearer and definitely too early to tell if it helps with pigmentation. I believe this product is to be used at night as exposure to sunlight breaks it down. But isn't Vit C more effective as an antioxidant if used during the day with sunscreen? This product is expensive and retails AUD 280 for 30 mL but comes in a luxe packaging. No repurchase for me.

on 9/7/2004 11:43:00 PM

I have been using this serum for 3 months now ( every sec night ) . I find that my skin looks a lot more clear also the tone has evened out completely. - I never had big problems with brown spots - but my skin was looking a bit dull prior to this .
This is the first C serum i have used so I can't really compare it to others.

I recieved a generous sample of this from the counter which lasted me for several weeks. I did notice improvement in texture and pigmentation. I like the effects of this on my skin but I want to try some other Vit C products that aren't quite so expensive. Hopefully I can find something that offers the same benefits.

I honestly cannot decide if this product works for me or not. I receieved a generous sized sample from the counter a few months ago and have been using it consistently since. My skin does appear to me smoother and have a more even texture.. but I've also been testing out a heap of other new products so it might not be this. What I can say is that it hasnt affected my skin adversly (no breakouts, no iritation) so that's a good start. AU$280 for a 30mL airless pump bottle.

on 5/20/2004 4:00:00 AM

I was underwhelmed, to say the least. While it did seem to even out my (normal/oily combo) skintone a bit, the effects were not particularly dramatic. It also caused me to get little bumps and clogged pores all over my face. I get MUCH more drastic results layering the Awake vitamin C powder with the Darphin Arovita C. But the kicker is this: when I tried to use up my bottle of the La Prairie c serum on my arms (which have very smooth, even-toned skin to start with), I got a dermatitis-type rash all over them the next morning. This has never happened to me before. Overall, I think this is a remarkably overpriced product that delivers mediocre results and may cause skin reactions in any with sensitive skin. I definitely wouldn't purchase again.