NARS Catfight

NARS Catfight

4.1

on 3/9/2017 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful cool, soft pink color and I LOVE the name Catfight, but omg this is a dry formula! I feel like I have to slowly apply it on my lips because if I moved quicker the lipstick would just break off from the tube. I thought the tester in Sephora was just dried out because it had been sitting there for a while, but the texture of the new one I bought is exactly the same. Having said all that, I love the color so I'm going to try to make it work with some primer and hope it does cause my lips to chap.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love! Even though I've been using makeup for 14 years, this is the only lipstick I have ever purchased. Once I tried it on a couple years ago, I knew I had to have it. It's a total game changer. The other lipsticks I own are all beautiful but relatively unused GWPs. I have small but nicely shaped lips and a weak jawline. Most lip colors tend draw attention to the lower part of my face and make my face look really fat. Catfight is the only exception I have ever found to date. It's pink and a little shimmery but looks very mature. I know some people hate the dryness, but I the fact that is it matte and dry is part of why I love it. I can't stand the feeling of heavy creamy stuff on my lips.

on 12/17/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't picked up in sparkle in this lippie as others have reviewed. On me, NC 35-37 (summer) it's an absolute staple which I wear almost daily.

Over time my lips have lost pigment. This is the same color as my youthful lips; hence a YLBB and holy grail status. Let's put it this way. I always have a full back-up & have gone through at least 6 or 7 tubes since discovering this gem quite some time back. This natural mauve shade isn't overly cool IMO. I wouldn't call it pink either. It's soft and polished with great staying power. I don't find it too drying at all, BTW. Admittedly I keep my lips in tip-top shape thanks to Skinn's sugar scrub, his lip treatment mask a few times a week, and Skinn's fabulous healing balm nightly. This one contains great ingredients unlike most chap stick type products.

Catfight is THE ONE lipstick which consistently works.. it flatters my complexion like no other, hands down.

Even if I want a more muted lighter nude lip, I still use Catfight as my base, since the color is like I said, my younger natural lip color. Then I layer a light silvery lipstick on top or a matte cream highlighter to achieve a perfect nude lip.

If I ever head this was to be discontinued *which hopefully probably won't*, I'd stock up like mad woman. Nothing compares. The formula stays for hours. Love, Love.. LOVE!

on 10/27/2014 9:27:00 AM

Okay, if you can make this lipstick work for you, you must get it. Because it's SPECIAL.

Catfight is a pale cool pink with mauve tones - matte but with an ultrafine shimmer. It's the absolute perfect sex kitten lipstick. The color and matte finish give that 60s Bardot vibe and the shimmer is subtle and sexy, especially in sunlight or candlelight.

The downside is that yeah, it's drying and the combo of matte/shimmery highlights all lip imperfections. A gloss smooths things over but some of the magic will be lost. If you prep lips beforehand it won't be that bad. Try it - it won't work for everyone, but if it does.......#SexKitten.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

CATFIGHT is a MLBB pinky mauve matt shade, and on me it has a slightly bronzed look to it (I'm around a n10/15). It's proven to be a very wearable shade; it can be worn all year round, and it goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks. It's the only lipstick that I ever used up, and is something that I'd class as a HG product.

The formula is long lasting too - I'll still have colour on my lips up to six hours after application, and there isn't a lot of transfer onto cups etc. I have dry lips, but have not yet experienced any flaking or chafing after I've been wearing this. I also love the square tube - it won't roll of my dresser when I'm getting ready.

I paired down my makeup bag over the years, and this is one few lipsticks that has stayed.

It's one those 'your lips but better' shades, without the gloss or shimmer. It's a great natural shade for me, since I'm a bit on the cool side, and I like pairing it with a cool toned blush ( like Dame or Well Dressed from MAC) for a nice all-over cool toned rosy look. It also looks sexy paired with a smoky eye.

It can be a bit drying, so I like to apply a bit of lip balm beforehand so it doesn't dry out my lips.

I would definitely repurchase this if I ran sout.

on 8/14/2013 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I find it very strange: the other NARS lipstick I own is semi-matte and and very creamy. This however is so dry when I did a swipe on my hand it flaked off. I adore the color. It like the shimmer. It's almost as if this one didn't pass inspection (?). I am returning to Sephora via mail. 4 years ago in Dallas I could have gone to one of the many stores. I had to drive 1 1./2 miles to get to one in a JCP in Savannah.
Anyway. IF the formula was creamier I'd keep it.

on 4/29/2013 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got this product as a gift and at first I was so excited to use it. The shade was a pretty hue of rosy pink and it had good lasting power (however there were times when it left my lips dry so I had to apply lipbalm underneath). Problem was that after I kind of gave it a break for two to three months tops, it became solid hard that I even had a hard time using a lip brush on it! Quite bit disappointing, I must say.

on 2/12/2013 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This was my first Nars lipstick purchase. I bought this on Saturday and returned it today. I wore it twice and both times it felt dry on my lips and chapped them. The first time I wore it w/out lip balm. The second time I wore it with lip balm underneath and it still chapped my lips. I love Nars lip glosses and had been wanting to try their lipsticks but after this I'll stick with their lip glosses only. The tube it came in though was cute!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Catfight is a mauve-soft-purple-pink shade. It applies easily and is not drying at all. The finish is a semi-matte satin and I find it long lasting. This is a good, safe shade for the office and lovely to wear just about anywhere. I can see this appealing to many and working with many skin tones. I'm a NARS Syracuse and it's flattering on my deep, warm skin tone although it's probably best on cooler tones. I love to pair this with NARS Chihuahua lip gloss on top. I prefer to wear this in the spring or summer months.

Popular Lipsticks