4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

OK - first off - you should never roll this rollerball all over your face. the vision i have of some of the other reviewers here doing that just makes me laugh. I agree that it would be better in a dropper bottle, but I just tap the roller ball with a few rolls on my finger tips - and PAT the oil on the areas I need it. dry areas, around the eyes, etc. then I put moisturizer over everything, including the eye area. yes, sometimes i end up dabbing this on my whole face...but you only need a few drops basically for that. you could also remove the roller ball completely but then I'd worry about leaks becuase I travel with this a lot - and I don't want to mess up the bottle by yanking it out and possibly putting it back in. Just use CLEAN fingers and dab some on! for anti-aging, it's essential to use some form of vitamin C & A (retinol). this is tricky and it takes patience to find the right product. this has ALWAYS been a huge issue for me because my skin is dry & sensitive. vitamin A/retinol can really hurt your skin if you're not careful. it's also great for anyone with acne (DAB on spot), but Rx versions are way too powerful for me personally and cause severe patchy dryness, redness and swelling. i've tried all sorts of stuff from Rx, Neutrogena, expensive crap from Sephora and dermatologist brands. this is the best thing I've ever found for me - (and everyone is not like me...) FYI - this does not smell like roses. it's made from rose hips -the fruit of the rose plant and are one of the richest plant sources of vitamin C! I love this stuff and I actually prefer the small packaging. I can take it with me everywhere - you can use it on your face, your cuticles, your hair.... it's amazing!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

This oil has done more for my face than any other product ever has. I do think it is quite expensive for the amount you get and wish the bottle was darker to keep the anti-oxidants powerful. I find the rollerball very hygienic though. I have just started using the A'kin rosehip oil which has a thicker consistency and stronger smell but found the Aubrey oil much better in terms of giving me a glow and tauter skin. When finished I will go back to Aubrey and never stray again.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

8 years ago

I am loving this! I've been using it for a few days and my skin is so soft! No breakouts yet. I just feel like the texture and tone of my skin is more even. I was so happy with it, I went and bought the moisturizer, cleanser and body cream. I did remove the roll on part, and just pour a few drops in my hand and apply it to my damp face. I am so happy I read about this product here!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

1.0

8 years ago

After reading reviews i thought this would be great to try. I get the occassional breakout. So when i got it the roller ball seemed silly. Seriously, i was supposed to use it o my face? So i rubbed it on my hand the applyed it to my face. After using it about 2+ days my face broke out but also had dry flaky skin on top. I was so mad. It looked bad. So i discontinued use and it cleared up. i'm going to try it on my feet or somthing just to test it. I wanted to buy the SIBU sea buckthorn oil but i was swayed by good reviews.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

So far so good. Haven't been using it long enough but it absorbs very well.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Other

from

9 years ago

I am on my second flask and buying the third right now. I love this. It´s a medium viscosity orange-y oil. It has a faint (delicate IMO) smell, not of roses but of rosebushes, if that makes sense. It sinks into the skin easily with some massaging though not invisibly - which is why I only use it at night. I use it every night, instead of moisturizer and it´s just magical, my skin is lovely fresh and dewy in the morning. It´s better than any serum I have tried to far. When I skip the routine I notice the difference. I think it is even better when you use it on slightly damp skin. But as I said this is pretty awesome. Compared to other brands, I think this is much better, purer, different viscosity and melting better into the skin, deeper colour than the Neal´s Yard oil. It is also much much better than La Bottega Verde oil. Much Better as well than the other no brand organic rosehip oils I bought on organic stores and health food stuff. Though I have not tried Kosmea yet, but mean to try. Packaging, I was not a fan of the roll-on but have been converted. It took me months to realize that the roll-on is extremely easy to remove if you just leverage the top off with some power. But it´s strong enough on its own that you need to put some effort into it, which is good, since it just does not spill or fall out on its own. I have been carrying this around in purse and luggage for over a year with no problem. Price - applied every night I go through one package in 4-6 months. The price I buy this is usually around £11. It is expensive for a small tube of oil looking at it one way, but since this is much better than any night cream or serum it feels quite reasonable! IOther worse quality brands are same price or more expensive (Neals´Yard cough cough).

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

9 years ago

I would like to know whether you use the rose hip oil alone or underneath regular moisurizer?

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I have acne scars on the sides of my cheeks and needed to use something that didn't break me out and moisturize...this product does both of those things. I bought it from a Natural food store and it was $12. I use it around my eyes and on my cheeks at night. I noticed a difference in a week or so....it also helped that I took photos of my face before and after! My wrinkles around my eyes are smoother and my acne scars are fading!!! I am in love:)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

9 years ago

This oil is amazing. I had tried every moisturizer and oil you can imagine, i've been into natural beauty products for a few years now. I've had acne for over 13 years, and have tried every angle in fighting the acne, preventing it, healing it and fighting the scars. This does NOT break me out, and every other oil (coconut, olive, temanu, etc.) does. I use this at night, and it's fabulous at moisturizing. It REALLY clears up acne scars. It helps to prevent them first off, but after the acne has healed it completely rids of the acne scar left behind. I also dot it under my eyes and it takes away the dark circles. I can't say enough good things about this stuff. Plus rosehip seed oil has a ton of Vitamin A in it, which is the natural form of retinol. GREAT STUFF!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

I love this product because it really works! It has diminished the fine lines around my eyes, faded sunspots and a scar on my arm, and works great on my cuticles!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive