Dermalogica Total Eye Care

Dermalogica Total Eye Care

3.2

Not tested on animals

I bought this after being given a sample which I liked at first but after about 10 days I found my under eyes were very dry, making any lines look much worse! I looked older!! Am returning it to my salon this week and am very disappointed.

on 10/24/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a product I definitely will be repurchasing again and again. I bought it originally because I just wanted sun protection for under my eyes, but I do love the brightening effects also. I have very oily skin and I'm still really young, so I don't need an eye cream for moisture or anti aging, and this product is definitely not meant for either. It doesn't dry out my eyes by any means but I don't think it's as moisturizing as some of dermalogica's other eye creams. This is a good basic eye cream if you're looking to start using them.

on 9/24/2013 1:59:00 PM

This eye cream is really only suitable for oily skin types with subtle dark circles. It's far to drying for a n older crowd and not brightening enough for those with serious dark circles. This will only make a select crowd happy unfortunately. I love that there is SPF in it, I just wish it was made with more hydration in mind. I mean how many women do you know who are saying man I wish they made an eye cream that dried me out under the eyes, right?!

on 8/31/2013 12:16:00 PM

This cream is great as it absorbs and protects the delicate areas of the eye whilst providing a slight tint to the darker circles. It also contains SPF which is always a bonus. The only disadvantage (for me anyway) is the price tag. I've tried many eye creams in the market and I have to say that this is the best one I've used so far.

on 7/13/2013 12:19:00 AM

Because I use the Age Reversal Eye Complex, I figured it would be a good idea to have an undereye cream for the day that has SPF protection in it, so I went for the Dermalogica Total Eye Care.
I find that you only need to use a TINY amount under each eye because if you use too much, it seems to roll and come off. It's also a very important point that you dab it on with your finger, not using a 'smoothing' motion - because that motion will also make it roll off! Once I figured out how best to use it, I have found this eye cream to be pretty good, but not amazing.
By the end of the day, my under eye area (which is quite lined) feels dry and that it needs some extra moisture, but putting additional cream over the top doesn't work - it makes the original product roll off.
Some people have commented about the smell...When I first used it, I tended to agree - it is a strange smell - almost like latex(!) but once you've got the product on, you can't smell it, and it isn't an issue. Unless your eyes are very close to your nose...Eeep!
There is some colour to this product - like an almost salmon colour which I guess is to help to disguise dark circles. That teamed up with some illuminating particles, it definitely does help to brighten the under eye area.
I gave this product three lippies for the overall rating because I do feel that it has a lot going for it - it has the SPF in it (which I'm a huge fan of), Lactic Acid to help with fine lines, and also has illumination to it, which is helpful for dark circles...maybe just ones that aren't too dark...
I've not yet found a perfect match concealer to go over this - I def. need it, so any suggestions are welcome!
The area under my eye is lighter than the rest of the skin on my face (random, I know), and is also quite dry and has a lot of fine lines, so again - suggestions are welcome indeed!
I hope this helps you guys in making your decision! x

I have really bad/dark circles and started to use dermalogica total eye care every night before bed. When I woke up, I found that my circles were lighter which made it easier to cover up with make up. I started to use a different product (Teamine) which made my circles dark again :-( so I definitely recommend total eye care I can see a difference

Horribly overpriced product! I bought it only because I had a facial done and the technician used this in the treatment. After my facial, my eye area and overall skin looked great, but it was probably the combination of treatments and products used. But my eyes looked so bright!!! I read reviews and everybody was raving about it, so a few weeks later I shelled out the $46 for this eye cream. Mistake. Not that it's a horrible product, but it is NOT worth anywhere near this price. Packaging is fine and it does make your eye area a little shiny, but it is kind of yellow looking. You can get the same results with a much cheaper product. Will not repurchase.

on 4/6/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on my fourth or fifth tube of this. I love it, brightens up my eye area, keeps it moisturized and lovely. A little goes a long way with this and I use a tiny amount each morning on top of serum and eye cream. Sometimes I do not need any concealer on top of this. Love it, hope they do not discontinue (or change the formula)!

I'm a real Dermalogica fan, unfortunately I wasn't impressed with this product. It claims to firm your under eye area, help reduce puffiness and reduce the appearance of fine lines. I really wanted this to work, but to be honest I found that it just works as an expensive highlighter. When I used it, it made the skin under my eyes look really shiny. It has an SPF but I didn't see the benefit when my foundation has an SPF anyway.

on 11/8/2011 12:08:00 PM

got this as a sample.....it was quiet a big sample...it made my eyes water and sting....did help moisturise the area before i apply under eye concealer.... don't waste your money...got a free sample with a small skincare set i ordered.