Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've got a sample of this eye cream which I used for 3 weeks. This eye cream is very moisturizing. It does not have any scent. It goes well under make up or as night time eye cream. But in 3 weeks of usage I've not seen any difference in terms of dark circle or fine lines under my eyes. I cannot justify $52 for 15ml of product which only provide moisturization but no other benefit. I'll not purchase the full size. However if you have very dry under eye then probably you can give it a try.

on 4/20/2016 12:31:00 PM

I am a devotee of the Extra eye repair cream. My eye area is both extremely dry and extremely sensitive. I got a sample of this cream since it is $20 cheaper ($52 versus $72) and I figured it might be a good substitute for the Extra for first thing in the morning or when I'm in a rush because the Extra is thick and can't be applied quickly. This is a lot thinner and can be rubbed in. It is not nearly moisturizing enough for my eye area, but for someone whose eye area isn't very dry, this would probably be a good eye cream to try.

To Read all 255 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A former co-worker/makeup addict recommend this. It has no key ingredients, but I find it moisturizes very well, especially for those dry winter months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I actually really like this eye cream and I love using it under my makeup as it's lightweight and doesn't cause my mascara to smudge during the day.
It's fragrance free which is a big bonus.

However, I can't justify spending $61 CAD on .5 oz/15ml of product. I can get very similar results from CeraVe's hydrating lotion and that's far cheaper and more economical. Hence the three lipsticks.
I can't say Bobbi Brown's hydrating eye cream has made any difference with the lines under my eyes, at least not compared to Shiseido's Benefiance eye cream. (that's an eye cream that's worth the money in my opinion)

Unless you're a die hard Bobbi Brown fan and don't mind spending the money on this eye cream, I'd give it a pass as there are cheaper alternatives that work just as well.

it is the best eye mask i have ever tried.the salesgirl gave me a free sample after purchasing the concealer and a liquid foundation,and i was hooked!it absorbs quickly it doesnt leave a sticky residue like many others and is very hydrating!my search is over!

on 1/1/2016 9:44:00 PM

I treated myself to this eye cream. I am 43. This did nothing for the fine lines around my eyes. It did help my Bobbi Brown Intensive skin serum concealer look better though by hydrating the skin under my eyes. I have used this twice a day for almost 4 months. The pot isn't as hygienic as a pump container would be. I think there are more economical choices out there.

on 12/21/2015 8:28:00 PM

I received a sample from a Nordstrom order, enough for about 3-5 uses. After having used the balm version, I felt like this eye cream was a bit boring & basic. It’s unscented & lightweight, good for daytime use, but it didn’t really feel like it hydrated the area around my eyes. I typically focus on the edges (crowsfeet area) & under my eye with eye creams. I felt like there was no difference between this and a basic drugstore eye cream, except the price point.

I owned the full sized balm version before, which provided a more intense level of hydration. It was more suitable for night time use, soothing & relaxing the soft tender skin under my eyes, but I think it doesn’t exist anymore. The packaging on that one should be similar - in a beautiful heavy glass jar with a plastic twist off cap.

on 12/20/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this eyecream because so many beautygurus I know swear by this. It is very expensive for such a small container. It's true, you don't need a lot of product, but it's still too expensive for my taste. The product doesn't have a strong scent which makes me very happy. It applies very smoothly and the product gets absorbed by your skin very quickly. Remarkably, when you apply the product, I always feel a light tingling sensation.
BUT...does it do anything? I'm not quite sure... I've been using this product for 2 months now and I haven't seen any changes. My under eye area looks and feels exactly the same. My concealer still gathers in my lines as much as it did before and my under eye area doesn't look less swollen. I will not repurchase this product.

on 10/16/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my HG eye cream. At about 27, I noticed that my old eye cream just wasn't having the same effects, and I tried various creams from the drugstore, nothing was really helping my eyes very much. I read reviews of this product, purchased (it is expensive!), and have not regretted it at all. The difference between using this product and not using it or using something else is very noticeable to me - nothing hydrates my eye area like this, while not causing swelling, bumps, or any other problems. Keeps my skin soft, supple, and dewy. This does not leave any kind of greasy film on my eye area, dries away completely. I personally prefer to layer the repair cream on top of this before putting on under eye concealer. As cute/classic as the little bottle is, I think it would be better if it came in a tube so that it wouldn't be so exposed to air and oils from my fingers. It lasts several months, I think I only buy this twice a year. It is very expensive, imho - I normally don't buy beauty products that are very expensive, rather a moderate range, but I will shell out of it's worth it, and this really is! I think eye creams can actually get even more expensive this, so maybe it's a deal in that way. I do think, however, that everyone's skin is different enough, especially at different ages, that different creams work different for them. I would recommend that you try out a sample, if possible rather than splurging.

Update: I tried out a recommendation from another member here, and I have found it works just as well, I think even better, actually: Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Eye Cream.

Update: Yes, I can definitely notice a difference with the Dr. Hauschka cream - my eye area looks much more moisturized and smooth. I still am giving Bobbi Brown 5 stars because this seemed like the perfect cream for me for about 10 years (27-37), so it was great for then! And it is also still a great cream, I just get more out of the Dr. Hauschka cream now.

on 6/8/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was particularly disappointed with this product. I didn't expect a lot - just a product to hydrate my under eye area. This product sits on the surface of the skin. Under my left eye, I have dry skin, something Iv never had before. I'm not sure if it's the product or something else but the product hasn't helped the problem that's for sure. It doesn't hydrate so it certainly doesn't reduce lines or darkness. Big waste of cash.