Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After using some fairly harsh products on my skin and whilst avoiding the delicate eye area, my eyes still felt sore and tender. After using this eye cream they felt so soothed and the puffiness subsided. It's not something I've used on a frequent basis but I will continue to and review again shortly...

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i received a generous sized deluxe sample jar and I've been using this 2x daily for a long time now -- well over a month, maybe even 2 months. This is concentrated -- a little goes a very long way. It has no discernible fragrance and is indeed hydrating. It doesn't claim to do anything but moisturize, so it lives up to its promise. It's a product beautiful in its simplicity. I don't like products that make promises we all (should) know are empty lies. This product only makes a promise it can keep, and that is to be commended.

So why only 3 lippies? Two things: packaging and price.
PACKAGING: To be as sanitary as possible, it should come in a tube instead of a jar.
PRICE: $52 for half an oz. of a good basic under eye moisturizer seems like a LOT of money to me. Put the same amount in a tube and reduce the price to $20 and then we can talk.

Price and packaging are exactly what would keep me from getting this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've got a sample of this eye cream which I used for 3 weeks. This eye cream is very moisturizing. It does not have any scent. It goes well under make up or as night time eye cream. But in 3 weeks of usage I've not seen any difference in terms of dark circle or fine lines under my eyes. I cannot justify $52 for 15ml of product which only provide moisturization but no other benefit. I'll not purchase the full size. However if you have very dry under eye then probably you can give it a try.

on 4/20/2016 12:31:00 PM

I am a devotee of the Extra eye repair cream. My eye area is both extremely dry and extremely sensitive. I got a sample of this cream since it is $20 cheaper ($52 versus $72) and I figured it might be a good substitute for the Extra for first thing in the morning or when I'm in a rush because the Extra is thick and can't be applied quickly. This is a lot thinner and can be rubbed in. It is not nearly moisturizing enough for my eye area, but for someone whose eye area isn't very dry, this would probably be a good eye cream to try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A former co-worker/makeup addict recommend this. It has no key ingredients, but I find it moisturizes very well, especially for those dry winter months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I actually really like this eye cream and I love using it under my makeup as it's lightweight and doesn't cause my mascara to smudge during the day.
It's fragrance free which is a big bonus.

However, I can't justify spending $61 CAD on .5 oz/15ml of product. I can get very similar results from CeraVe's hydrating lotion and that's far cheaper and more economical. Hence the three lipsticks.
I can't say Bobbi Brown's hydrating eye cream has made any difference with the lines under my eyes, at least not compared to Shiseido's Benefiance eye cream. (that's an eye cream that's worth the money in my opinion)

Unless you're a die hard Bobbi Brown fan and don't mind spending the money on this eye cream, I'd give it a pass as there are cheaper alternatives that work just as well.

it is the best eye mask i have ever tried.the salesgirl gave me a free sample after purchasing the concealer and a liquid foundation,and i was hooked!it absorbs quickly it doesnt leave a sticky residue like many others and is very hydrating!my search is over!

on 1/1/2016 9:44:00 PM

I treated myself to this eye cream. I am 43. This did nothing for the fine lines around my eyes. It did help my Bobbi Brown Intensive skin serum concealer look better though by hydrating the skin under my eyes. I have used this twice a day for almost 4 months. The pot isn't as hygienic as a pump container would be. I think there are more economical choices out there.

on 12/21/2015 8:28:00 PM

I received a sample from a Nordstrom order, enough for about 3-5 uses. After having used the balm version, I felt like this eye cream was a bit boring & basic. It’s unscented & lightweight, good for daytime use, but it didn’t really feel like it hydrated the area around my eyes. I typically focus on the edges (crowsfeet area) & under my eye with eye creams. I felt like there was no difference between this and a basic drugstore eye cream, except the price point.

I owned the full sized balm version before, which provided a more intense level of hydration. It was more suitable for night time use, soothing & relaxing the soft tender skin under my eyes, but I think it doesn’t exist anymore. The packaging on that one should be similar - in a beautiful heavy glass jar with a plastic twist off cap.

on 12/20/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this eyecream because so many beautygurus I know swear by this. It is very expensive for such a small container. It's true, you don't need a lot of product, but it's still too expensive for my taste. The product doesn't have a strong scent which makes me very happy. It applies very smoothly and the product gets absorbed by your skin very quickly. Remarkably, when you apply the product, I always feel a light tingling sensation.
BUT...does it do anything? I'm not quite sure... I've been using this product for 2 months now and I haven't seen any changes. My under eye area looks and feels exactly the same. My concealer still gathers in my lines as much as it did before and my under eye area doesn't look less swollen. I will not repurchase this product.