shu uemura Glow On Blush

shu uemura Glow On Blush
shu uemura glow on - m peach 41shu uemura glow on - p orange 53

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2, Triisostearate, Sorbeth-4 Tetraoleate, Myristyl Myristate, Silica, Methicone, Methylparaben, Butylparaben [ /- May contain: Mica, Cl 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 / Iron Oxides, Cl 77007 / Ultramarines, Cl 75470 / Carmine ]. Code F.I.L.: B27889/1.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i guess i'm in the minority here, but i think shu blushes really suck. i ordered several based on the reviews,and they were all very powdery. none of them showed up on my skin, and i'm not even that dark. in order to get some color, i had to add many layers, and even then... it looks all cakey and powdery. it just sat on top of my skin and did not wear well. the color selection is nice, and i love the packaging; however, the product itself was terrible and not worth the money.

I recently purchased this blush as part of the special compact Shu Uemura has (you can purchase the compact for $12, I think, and pack it up with two blushes and four shadows, one blush and six shadows, or eight shadows. You have to purchase all the items individually and they can be taken out of their individual package and placed into this compact. I know this sounds like a pain, however you can purchase other shoadows and blushes in the future and switch from the individual packages of those into this compact and vice versa). As part of this compact, the blush functions wonderfully for me. Beforehand I was traveling around with endless containers of eye shadow and blush randomly stuck in my handbag and this was a real pain when I needed to use the stuff. With this compact, I have solved this problem with all I need to color my face basically in one simple compact. The blush is nice. I am not sure if I selected the wrong color, though, but I'll have to see through time how it phases out. It is a nice blush, but I am not sure if it is the best one for me. It may be the color, however I am not sure I would buy this blush if it was not for the fact it is in this convenient compact. Time can only tell.

EDIT (6/16/2007): I did away with this blush a long time ago as it wasn't adding necessary color to my pale complexion. I like Nars powder blushes and Make Up Forever Cream Blushes a lot better!

on 12/31/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I hate to be the naysayer for this product.

Pros:
-This blush has extremely good longevity on my combination-oily skin which tends to be a a little dry around my cheeks depending on where I'm at (drier when I'm at air-conditioned places like lecture theaters and buses; oilier when I'm walking hastily around school). It NEVER oxidises on me!
-The packaging is brilliant. Now, you can buy refills instead of the entire packaging when you're done with one pan of blush.
-Looks natural on the skin. Doesn't look overdone.

Cons:
-The higher price of initial outlay might turn you off. You have to purchase the blush AND the compact, unless you have a palette and the relevant tools to store it. I think the blush is SGD$33 and the compact is SGD$27? Correct me if I'm wrong.
-I don't know, but I find it tough to build up colour? I'm NC10-15 (leaning more towards the neutral side), and I'm always struggling to build up the degree of colour that satisfies me. By that, I'm not trying to look clownish--I just want a flush of colour on my cheeks. When you overapply (if you do), it's tough to blend it out too.

I find other blushes, like even my BeneFit Boxed Powder, easier to work with than the Glow On Blush from Shu Uemura. That being said, given the good reviews here, if you want to purchase this blush, do go ahead and give it a chance. Products work differently on everyone anyway.

If you have oily skin and you have problems making your blush stay on longer, you should try this blush.

I will not repurchase.

on 10/26/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

First of all, I love the packaging. I heard so many raves for these. I have had now several shades in both Matte and Pearl formulas but I got to be honest here. I just dont see whats so special with these blushes. I am sorry for all the Shu Lovers there, but on me these blushes are pretty darn mediocore. The pigment is quite sheer in matte formulas and it looks just as powdery as any other blushes can. I find pretty and natural shades and that a plus, but these dont wear any longer on me than let us say MAC or Loreal blush. Lancome Blush Subtil wears longest on me of all blushes. In fact I much more appreciate MAC blushes because somehow many of MAC colors really make me glow while I havent had such luck with Shu colors. I dont think these look like I am glowing from "within" either ( thats how I heard someone raving it) , It just looks like a normal blush on me. I wont try any others of these.

on 7/28/2007 5:39:00 PM

I liked these at first, until I recently noticed they look real powdery and madeup, and they arent that pigmented. I have a dry skin so it is easy for a powder blush start to feel dry and itchy. I have also noticed that I have problem with products that contain kaolin, and these blushes do. However Ilove the simple and elegant packaging. Laura Mercier powder blush looks more natural on me.

on 6/14/2003 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the quality of these blushes (I have Orange 55 which is a warm peach-pink), but the colours just don't work for me. Out of all these blushes, the one I got is the only one that looked natural on me (and not dollish) but even so, it doesn't give me that "wow she's so gorgeous" glow that a light cool pink blush would (Shu Uemura doesn't carry that colour, at least not at the counter I looked at). Otherwise, the quality is INCREDIBLE, lasts all day, and is so easy to apply (I agree with the other posters that layering is a pain and unnatural looking!). Just wish it had that cool pink for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this blush in m pink33E.This is a nice pink blush.It really gave me a fresh and natural flushed look.But i wouldn't buy it again becuz it made me break out.And my skin was clearer after i stoped using it...

on 8/23/2018 2:02:00 AM

I have this in the shade Medium Amber 750 and I love how natural it looks. It's definitely a colour that doubles up as a blusher and bronzer at the same time. On days when I want something more obvious, I still wear this and pair it with a brighter blush. It does fade towards the end but it lasts for the majority of the day.

Pros:
- Natural
- Compact, easy to carry
- Really can't go wrong with this shade
- Lasts a long time - been using this almost every day for the last 3 months & I'm only halfway through (there are days when I really go heavy-handed with this blush)

Cons:
- On the pricey side, it costs SGD 33 just for the pan and if you buy it with the casing, it goes above 40 which is just ridiculous (I actually decided to use it on its own, with the plastic case that the refill comes in and not the actual casing, and it works for me)
- *** It stains your brush - If you have any non-dark coloured brush that you love, do NOT use your blush with this because it will literally turn hot pink (I have no idea why but I can't seem to get the colour off despite washing it multiple times)

on 5/19/2012 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Shu Uemura blushes aren't like other blushes. They lack the stunning satiny finish of Shiseido; they lack the buttery feel of RBR. They lack the immediate color wallop of Sleek or Illamasqua or theBalm. On the other hand, they're not a powdery mess like Illamasqua can be or as hard as NARS or MAC blushes, in my experience. That's the negative description. What they ARE, are soft, finely milled blushes (in a range that includes cerise and lavender!) that really play nicely with my skin, which is to say that they have a beautifully melted, watercolor quality on and they last all day. YMMV of course, but I put them through the rigors of life in the tropics and they just don't fade or oxidize on me. The matte shades are slightly powdery but not overly messy; the pearl shades have that light shimmer that just ends up looking 'glassy' once on. Shu blushes have a translucency and subtlety, much like Suqqu, in my opinion: if you value a heavy laydown of pigment over product malleability, layerability, and the effects that those produce, you may be disappointed. Shu blushes aren't my favoritest favorites (still a sucker for the satiny Shiseido and sumptuous RBR) but they are beautiful and have a place in my collection.

on 7/20/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had this in what appeared to be a mix of the two pictures above. It was definitely an orange, but with gold undertones. It was gorgeous, and I walked passed it over and over sampling it before finally buying it so I knew how great it was. It was probably the prettiest mu I'd ever own, just sitting there in its package. Then I lost it!

I hope it found a good home, hardly ever even got a chance t wear it. It was finely milled, and lovely in every respect.