Sally Hansen 18 Hour Lip Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Sally Hansen 18 Hour Lip Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Polybutene , Octyldodecanol , Petrolatum , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Silica Silylate , C18-36 Acid Triglyceride , Flavor , Ricinus Communis Seed Oil Castor , Ozokerite , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Butyrospermum Parkii Shea Butter , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil Apricot , Glycine Soja Germ Extract Soybean , Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil Grape , Mangifera Indica Seed Butter Mango , Allantoin , Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer , Retinol , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , Dipropylene Glycol , Centella Asiatica Extract , Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract Rosemary , Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract , Mentha Piperita Leaf Extract Peppermint , SD Alcohol 40-B , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Ethylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Benzophenone-3 , Tin Oxide , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate , Titanium Dioxide May Contain , Iron Oxides May Contain , Red 6 Lake May Contain , Red 7 Lake May Contain , Red 27 Lake May Contain , Blue 1 Lake May Contain , Red 30 Lake May Contain , Red 33 Lake May Contain , Yellow 5 Lake May Contain , Yellow 6 Lake May Contain , Mica May Contain , Bismuth Oxychloride May Contain , Manganese Violet May Contain , Carmine May Contain , Red 21 May Contain

on 7/27/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok.. This is such a pretty color. I wanted it to be my HG lipgloss but sadly it was far from it! It's really sticky, which is super annoying. It doesn't even last an hour. So the "18 hour" thing most of been a joke. I also don't like the smell. If my hairs up I'll wear this for the color, since my hair won't get stuck on my lips. But having to reapply this and smell it does get on my nerves. I said I wouldn't repurchase cause honestly I'll probably never use it all!

on 6/14/2010 9:12:00 PM

I bought the clear nude nice sheer color. I only use this at home when I'm at the computer. something to put on my lips. definitly does not last 18 hours. doesn't even keep lips misturized unless you reapply continuously. The packaging is bulky. for me this was an impulse buy to try something new. wouldn't repurchase. It's not a throw away but liplites beats this lip treatment.

I got this in mauve about 2yrs ago, its the one lipgloss that i keep in my purse and use when i need a little color and im on the go. Its sticky but not to the point that its annoying. I will say that it is soothing and it does NOT last 18hrs (what lip gloss does?) but it does protect while its on. The container could have been slimmer but its alright.. I dont usually buy sally hansen products but I was surprised at the quality of this item, its worth it. 5 lippies!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Awww I loved these! I'd give them 4.5 lippies if I could. I had and used up the two that I bought- one was kinda peachy in the container and went on clear, and the other was a darker brownish/raisin shade. These felt great on, and I really felt like it was a lip "treatment." Ok, so 18-hour might be pushing it, but it felt great and I always found myself reaching for these. It could be the clear kinda bubble container it came in that my hands always wanna reach for it, but the citrus-y kinda scent helped, plus it feels very comfortable on. The darker shade I loved cause it added a little drama to my look without feeling like I was wearing lipstick, so it was kinda casual too. The clear one you could use anytime, and sometimes I even wore it to bed. Yeah def used it alll up! Not sure why I never re-purchased, I guess cause I always like to try new stuff, but I'm definitely considering it! :)

on 3/7/2010 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Does soften the lips but it gets licked off within an hour. Doesn't last at all, and that's a bit short of the 18-hour claim. I have the Rose Sugar color, which if very pretty and neutral and the flavor isn't offensive or over-fussy, but it definitely doesn't last at all.

This is a really nice nude beigy color on me with just enough shine. I like the fact that its not expensive and its not sticky. I pair this with my MAC stripdown l/l and it looks really nice. Doesn't last the 18 hrs it claims, but then again, I didn't expect it too.

This is my favorite lip gloss. My mom bought my first one for me years and years ago when I was a teenager and I've been buying it on my own ever since, except recently I can't seem to find it in the stores now which saddens me! At least I can still order it online. And as others have stated, there is no way the color lasts for 18 hours, but I think the 18 hour part refers more to the softening effect on your lips the product has, not so much the length that the color is supposed to last. My lips feel softer and look healthier in general when I wear this on a regular basis. I love the clear raisin color - it's pink but not TOO pink or gaudy and it's got a lovely sparkle to it, but again not so much that it looks cheap or gaudy. It's also not too sticky; my fiance hates sticky lip gloss because if I kiss him it sticks to his face or lips and just won't come off. Sally Hansen's diamond lip treatment is way sticky like that, and while I like the colors, I prefer the 18 hour lip treatment because the texture is way better and wipes right off if I get any on him, or if my hair flies in my face like it tends to do it's not as sticky as the diamond treatment is. And it doesn't seem to affect the length that it stays on my lips; the non-sticky 18 hour gloss stays just as long as the sticky diamond treatment. Too bad it seems like the stores only carry the diamond treatment now!!!

on 4/15/2009 12:32:00 PM

These I love. They are the only gloss/lipstick that I put on my lips that actually feels like it is protecting and improving my lips. The texture I would consider tacky, so certainly not the best choice in high winds or on a motorcycle. My faves are the clear pink and the mauve. Pink gives me the look I want for "hot babe on the beach", with full, sparkly (not glittery) lite pink lips (which I have a difficult time achieving since I have fairly pigmented lips). The mauve is MLBB, filling them out nicely. The lasting power I find good. While the 18-hour claim is obviously rediculous, the color lasts several hours for me. Even when the color is long gone, I still feel that there is some moisture "barrier" that continues to protect my lips. Thumbs up!!!

on 4/2/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works like a charm. Soften my lips instantly. I dont know about very chapped dry lips. From time to time my lip chaps really bad also, but haven't try it on very chapped lips. I love the smells of the product. It dont last 18 hours like it claims, but i would say 2 to 3 hours of soft nice glowing lips. It gives out a nude look also, so if you need a nude lipstick on certain days and also have chapped lips, this is a good cover up for it.
I would definately buy more or keep it in stick whenever they have sales.

on 3/17/2009 10:00:00 PM

Great product, doesn't last for the whole 18 hours but it does the lips wonders. I got clear nude and it applies nicely with a somewhat sheer tint. The conditioner really improved my lips. I got it 75% off at a local Rite Aid, that is why I thought it was dirt cheap but don't think it is always cheap. This is a surprisingly great product.