DHC Firming Kelp Mask

No Image

3.6

i am wearing this mask as I am writing this review. This is a two part mask, where the first step in a condition solution and its pretty smooth and calming on my skin. The 2nd step is this sticky clear gel like "kelp" as soon as i put it on my face, it feels kinda tight (drying tight way) so I'm not sure if this is good or not. This is my 2nd time using it, and I haven't seen any dramatic result. Hopefully after using this one I will see some difference. Maybe this mask is directed towards a older age group, right now I'm not extremely worried about firming or tightening my skin. For people who wants to target this may find this a good mask. But after I use up this sample I dont think I will purchase again.

on 7/17/2007 11:18:00 PM

I am 47 and looking more often these days at products that fill in, firm up or cover all the imperfections that time has delivered to my face. I had a sample for this two step mask and figured that if it worked half as well as the Deep Cleansing Oil that I (surprisingly) LOVE, it would be worth my time. Holy cow! I felt like time had been turned back years!! It totally firmed and smoothed my face, and the only regret I had was that I didn't have enough to do my butt and thighs as well!!
I will be ordering this product the minute I finish writing this review. Definately worth the effort.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

There are two steps to this mask. Step 1 is a watery serum in .67oz glass dropper bottle that contains hyaluronic acid, and the amino acid serine which help bind moisture to the skin. Step 2 is a thick clear gel in a 3.5 oz tube containing algae extract, algin ( a component of seaweed), the amino acid serine and hyaluronic acid. You apply a couple drops of serum and then the gel mask on top. Let it dry for 5-20 minutes and rinse off. I do not notice any firming benefits. I would say that this is a nice calming, hydrating treatment for stressed skin. Both steps contain paraben preservatives.

on 6/22/2007 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Got a sample of this product and used it before going to bed. It made my skin so pale that I absolutely freaked out when I woke up in the morning. On top of that, it did dry my sensitive skin a little. Will not buy it in full size.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This made my skin very, very smooth, bright and soft. Love the two steps, I think it works better this way. I'd use this the day after partying too much or to brighten skin before a special occasion. It's on sale right now so I'll probably grab a full size now that I fell in love with the sample packet!

on 5/30/2007 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore this mask!

As mentioned previously, it's a two step mask; you apply a few drops of the moisturizing first step, then the gel second step over the top of that. I usually leave it on for longer than the 5-10 recommended minutes, closer to 30. I find that it calms and moisturizes my skin very well, with no messy residue that won't wash off and no nasty side effects, unlike some masks.

Unlike some previous reviewers, I don't detect any strange smell at all. Possibly the mask has been reformulated... or possibly I like sushi, so the smell of seaweed isn't strange to me. Honestly, though, I don't detect any significant smell at all.

on 5/29/2006 4:22:00 PM

This mask is great for when I want to smooth out my skin and moisturize it. It leaves my face feeling firm in the sense that it is completely smoothed when I rinse it off. It's a two-step mask- a conditioning seaweed serum that you apply and work into your skin a bit, and then you "seal" that in with the actual mask- a clear gel. I do this before a shower and let it sit on my face for 20 minutes, then shower and rinse it off. This is, to me, the BEST thing to use in the summer after sitting in the sun and your face has that slightly tight, possibly burnt feeling. I do this mask, then follow it with a serum and moisturizer and it fixes my summer "crispiness".

on 4/23/2006 8:36:00 PM

I got a sample of this with another order and I figured I'd give it a try. It gave my skin a poreless quality and the texture of my skin felt so good I couldn't stop touching my face

on 3/23/2006 8:31:00 AM

Tried this mask for the first time last night. I have been a DHC addict for about 3 years now and this mask reminded me why. I woke up to a calm, toned firm complexion. My pores even seem smaller! I typically don't use masks, but I may have to purchase this stuff since I only had the sample to try. The fact that this is a two-product mask may turn some off, but I have no complaints! Would have given it a 5 if it wasn't as expensive.

on 3/17/2006 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my... I really wanted to try this product, but it burned the crap out of my face (beet red for hours)!!! Had to use aloe and a chamomile toner to calm down my skin and peeled the next day. Glad I only got the sample and not purchased the whole product!