Revlon Vixen

4.3

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't really generally care for vampy color type of nail polishes but this is definitely an exception because I love this one! I'm very pale and cool toned so a lot of darker colors just look black and it's kind of pointless but with Vixen I can really see the dark purple color pop... not just a nondescript dark color blahness. I find that these dark purple / blackened red colors are super unforgiving and can really go on looking sloppy for the "amateur polisher" but as someone who's been painting their nails for like 12 years solidly and better skilled than every professional manicurist I've had do my nails I was able to work with this pretty easily...like maybe only one or two nails needed a clean up, which I do with a tiny elf concealer brush and acetone. I didn't have any problems with it leveling or being patchy either but I did find the formula a bit on the thick side so I had to keep closing it and shaking it a bit to get a thinner texture. However the end result is always beautiful. It's also very reasonably priced so I would especially recommend this color to anyone. It's basically a classic at this point...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Boots had a Christmas gift set a few years ago, which contained around eight of the best selling beauty products they stock, and Revlon's Vixen was one of the products. It Is a vampy burgundy shade with a creme finish, and is from their core range.

Unfortunately I've found my bottle to have a thin formula, that never levels out - it's not streaky, but rather it's a case of the shade applying in differing tones and being m patchy. After three coats the colour is still uneven on some nails, but with regular creme polishes three coats is my max, any polishes that need more are automatic fails with me as I can find a highly similar polish that is easier to work with in most cases. Finally: I found Vixen to be slow drying after the second coat, and after topcoat and quick dry spray the polish remained dentable for around two hours

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this, I read some other reviews that said it is patchy on the first coat and I am like : No, it's not!. Well, it's not perfect on the first coat but no polish is, otherwise why would we apply two coats of polish anyway? It's a great polish, great color, great quality, the brush is great, it stays on well enough, what more can I say, it's perfect.

I am going thru my polish stash and found this one.

I love it! Dark and sexy, no shimmer. The dupe to Vamp.

I like Revlon polishs. And I am gonna use it next time I polish.

I can understand why this polish is rated so highly...the color. It is a very pretty deep burgundy. I love the color. The formula however I had issues with. When applying you need to be very consistent with the amount you use....the first finger I did I used way too much polish and my nail came out almost black. The second nail I was much more careful so I wiped away a lot of the excess polish before applying but then my color was much much lighter then the first. I had to add multiple coats to get it close to the darker shade of the other finger. This was more my problem so I still was in love with it but I noticed it was really streaky and it took much effort to get my color to look even. It dried in normal time as other brands but I had chips in it within an hour. It has now been about three hours and I have a chip on almost every nail. Now I do have two small children so having perfectly unchipped nails doesn't last long in my house but never have I had this much chipping this quickly. I still really love the color and I think with a lot of patience and extreme perfection this could look really nice on me. Unfortunately I do not have either of those at the moment

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this polish because I wanted a deep red colour for fall and the review on here were good, so I thought I'd pick it up. It's a very deep oxblood red that looks almost black. The formula isn't very good as it's very light and streaky on the first coat, but evens out on the second coat. I had a few issues applying the second coat as I felt I wasn't getting even coverage and I had to work hard to even out the blotches. I also noticed a lot of bubbles on my nails after application. This stuff also stains like crazy. It stained the skin around my fingernails and it was pretty difficult to remove. I don't like that it takes at least 10-15 minutes to fully dry. I really don't recommend this polish, I'm sure there are a lot of better options out there.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Vixen is marvellous! I bought this on the recommendation of a friend who is a polish junkie -- she said that they'd pry Vixen out of her cold, dead hands, and I see why. It's a fantastic, rich oxblood/burgundy colour, it went on well, it self-levelled and didn't streak, and with a base coat and Seche Vite top coat, it lasted me 6 days through cleaning and cooking for the High Holy Days. It's still on my fingers, as all it's done is chip slightly on the edges of my index fingers. This one is a keeper. Cold, dead hands, indeed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this colour. It's versatile in both winter and spring seasons. I've tried countless Revlon polishes and picked this one up because of the price point. Unfortunately, I would not purchase this polish again. I cannot stand polishes that chip easily and this polish does. The first time I used Vixen, I had done my nails less than a day earlier (WITH Seche Vite fast dry top coat) when I noticed that three fingers had noticeable chipping. I tried again (to give it another shot) and the same thing. I've never had such poor formula from a Revlon polish, so I'm not sure if my bottle was the exception, but it's not worth the hassle. I'd recommend Essie's Carry On (a little cooler on the purple side) - slightly more expensive, but incredible lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the original "vamp" colors for we women who don't want to spend the $$/can't afford Chanel Vamp. I just bought a second bottle of this polish because I wanted to get a pedicure and I'm so tired of picking deep burgundy colors at the salon only to have 2 coats applied and the color immediately looks BLACK and the burgundy tone gets completly lost.

I had not worn Vixen in about 6 years but I got some earlier today and went to the salon. The color is just as perfect as I had remembered. It's got a burgundy, opague richness and its dark, but not too dark. It's vampy, but classic and refined. Love!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Like others reviewing before me, I bought "Vixen" as a cheaper alternative to Chanel's "Vamp" nail polish (Revlon's dupe was around CDN $5 at Wal-Mart. Chanel, I heard, is over $20).

I wore two coats of this polish on my fingernails (although one coat is sufficient if you don't mind those streaks). I didn't apply a top coat to it so, like many other nail polishes out there, it began to chip after 2-3 days (which is actually considered good in my books). Anything after two coats though, the colour tends to look more deep purplish (think eggplant) than that sexy reddish-purple you see on Google images of women sporting this polish.

Two complaints I have on it: it is too runny for my liking and it stains my nails after removing it. I'm not sure how long this stain remains on nails since I already painted over it with a different polish. Overall though, it is a very nice product for the price. I kind of want to buy Chanel's "Vamp" though to see if it is really that great which obviously defeats the purpose of me buying this Revlon one instead.

Popular Polishes