3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I have I think ALL of the UD Body Powders (including all of the ones that were discontinued), and while I love most of them, I just canNOT get on board with this one. <P> Colorwise, it's gorgeous. Sparkly bronzey goodness, but that's where the good ends and the tragedy begins. My other UD powders are finely milled and apply like a dream ... this one, does NOT equal the same quality and useability of the other ones. The texture, awful. Very chunky, which not only makes getting it onto the puff a PITA, but makes lessens the blendability (making it look less natural) but makes application a catastrophe. This one just doesn't "stick" to the skin the way the others do, and also looks way too "teen-ish". I could've seen myself wearing this when I was like 10 .. but as a 35 year old that's going more for a subtle sheen, this is just way too glittery. Definitely not something I see ever finishing. It'll likely end up being given to one of my younger cousins that might give it more love than I could ever see giving it.

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0

9 years ago

This is a fun product, but I just don't really like it. The shimmer is pretty -- I usually use it on my chest/shoulders if I'm feeling really festive. I definitely don't see this as an everyday product. My first problem with this is how chunky it is. This is some really chunky shimmer. I wish I could make it look more subtle, but even mixing this with lotion, it's just way too obvious. I liked the smell when I first got it -- it smells like really sweet caramel -- & I thought it was cute that it was "lickable." But the smell is just too overpowering. If I turn my head too close to my shoulder, I inhale the scent & it's awful. Also, the price is way too steep. $30 for a shimmer powder? I don't know what possessed me to pay that much for this. Like I said, it's a fun product, & I wish I could like it, but it just doesn't work for me.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I have several of the body shimmer powders (gingersnap,pink lemonade,black cherry,gimlet,peppermint and caramel) my favorite is gingersnap because it is a fine powder that blends into my dark skin with peppermint being my second favorite and black cherry which is purple being the third. I used these colors to coordinate with my outfit so if I wear green I put on the gimlet etc. I absolutely avoid using the caramel because the powder is so chunky and hard to work with. I just ordered red hot,marshmallow and cocoa and I plan to order them all even if it is just to sit there because the package is so pretty. I am looking for cake so if anyone has any idea where I can find this please let me know.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Dark, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Fine

11 years ago

This shimmer is so fun and smells great. You really have to dust this all over for summer or nights out. I always put his on my bare legs. I love it!!!

About reviewer (484 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this powder!! So far I only have Marshmellow (in which I love but oohh how it washes me out--so I had to mix some of my other powder bronzers so I can wear it more often--).. This one has more high glam shimmer--more gold glitter--LOVE it!! The only slight problem, it doesn't really smell/taste like caramel..but more like maple pancake syrup--but that's ok cause I love sryrup too!! (and my bf does too!) lol... I got this off ebay---for under $15---I would probably never buy them for $25--they are all worth it IF they would give you more oz...like Jessica Simpson's dessert powders--they were 3.50 oz!! If UD filled these lucious babies up that much with product---I'd pay $50!! :)

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

13 years ago

i've tried many shimmers and glitters, this is definately not my favorite one, altho i do like the color of this particulr one, the bits are a little too big...and the smell is uhh....not very CARAMEL BUT i can advise one thing on this as an alternative: MIX A DAB OF THIS POWDER INTO A LIGHT MOISTURIZER. than blend evenly onto the skin. it will create a sheer shimmery bronzed look on the skin =]

About reviewer (182 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

13 years ago

I found this at Marshall's for $4.99. It smells pretty good the first few times you use it, but then you get tired of it pretty quickly. I can't say it really smelt like caramel to me. But the shimmer is GORGEOUS. When I am looking tan, I dust this on, and I look glowy and gold. It rubs off on clothes though rather heavily. It tastes weird as well, not bad, but not good. But I think the box will last quite awhile!

About reviewer (461 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

14 years ago

This was a $5.99 Marshalls find. I don't think I would have paid full price for this because of the smell and because I own way too many of these shimmers to begin with. It's a very pretty color. Like one reviewer said, it does have almost copper penny-like pieces of glitter in it. It's less subtle than some of the other flavors I've tried, but nice for a night out. This flavor has the full 18g of product.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

15 years ago

Compliments first: Although expensive, this powder contains the most actual product. It smells and tastes delicious, and the packaging, of course, is gorgeous. Makes for a great collection item. My only complaint is that unlike the other body powders, this seems to be sparkles, like individual sparkles, instead of an all-over-shimmer. Thus, the sparkles tend to fall off, so it doesn't last very long. I have tanned skin, and when I put this stuff on, I just glow. In the daytime I look beach-y and fun, and at night the sparkles seem sensual and sexy. The smell is also very sexual--less playful than the other scents like blackberry and cherry lemonade. I would definitely reccomend this product. Yeah, it's a little pricy, but you know what? You gotta indulge yourself sometimes!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesHazel

1.0

15 years ago

Got a sample in a swap. So glad I did as I would never buy this. I wanted to try this before cocoa, as I thought this would go better with my fair skin than the darker cocoa. This looked bright orange on me! At first I thought I just applied to much, but after wiping it down with tissue, I was still orange. The "sheen" in this is big chunks of glitter. If your looking for just a simple glow as I was, this is definately not for you. Also VERY dissapointed in scent/taste. This smells exactly like......Maple Syrup! Tastes exactly like plain sugar. Thanks Anja for saving me 25 bucks!

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinNormal