Urban Decay Gimlet Body Powder

Urban Decay Gimlet Body Powder

2.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I do really like Gimlet, but it's my least favourite of all the UD powders that I own. The colour and sparkle is great, lovely against my pale skin, but the scent isn't the best. It smells very artificial and a bit like washing up liquid. I got it for dirt cheap on ebay, so I'm not too bothered, but you do get a tiny amount of actual product in what looks like a big container, though most of the powders are like that tbh.

I'm pretty sure Gimlet should be called Toilet, because that's what it smells like. I got this for free awhile back for spending so much at Ulta and now I know why. It's such a shame that it smells so horrible, because the lime taste is pretty good and the color is really pretty. Oh well.

on 4/9/2007 5:34:00 PM

Why does everyone describe this as "green?" Sure, the powder itself looks pale green in the package, but once applied to my PPP skin, what I see is a very subtle mix of pale yellow, white, and peachy-pink micro-glitter, adding up to a warm-white, ethereal sparkle - rather like warm moonlight. Great for a party or costume look - probably a *little* too much for daytime, unless you're 14 or an "every day is Halloween" type. Smells like stale, dusty lime (makes sense?) with a distinct sourness (though not so much so as to be detectable at a normal, conversational distance) but tastes good - like sugared vanilla and sweet lemonade - a nice treat if your lovey can get past the idea of kissing you though dusty-smelling glitter. And yes, it's a pitiful amount of product for the money, but for $6 at Marshall's, I'm really glad I bought it. IMHO, Gimlet's packaging is the cutest in Urban Decay's flavored body powder line - a slim, mysterious absinthe green metallic column topped with a decadent pale green tassel - and the glitter and taste are really very nice. However, judging by other's comments, I'd only recommend it for those with very pale skin or those looking for a distinctly fairy-dusted look.

I hateee this scent! It smelled so SOUR to me. I thought maybe it was a really old package, but I smelled more at Sephora and I guess that's just how they smell. I really adore all the other UD body powders, but this scent is disgusting.

first of all, i loved the packaging of this! its cute, with the tassles and the leopard puff! i though wow, this is adoreable, and then i SMELLED IT....OMG the smell is completely HORRID! have you ever smelt a salt called lucas? thats what this smells like, sour! why would anyone like to smell like that? i absolutely love cocoa, peppermint, and marshmallow, but not this one! Theres one thing thats positive about this product, besides the packaging-on the bottom it says "we dont test on animals.how could anyone?" all i have to say is- i dont like this shimmer. how could anyone!?

In the UK, you used to be able to get this YEARS back (I was about...13/14). I remember seeing that, Cherry Lemonade and the cocktail flavoured ones in my local Boots. Gimlet was the one that drew my attention the most and I longed for it, but never got around to buying it until recently.

I got it with Blackberry and Gingersnap (It came in a 3-pack for dirt cheap from somewhere online... but I've forgotten its name now).

Hem. Sorry.

Onto the product itself.

The colour of a packaging is a beautiful shimmery pale green with a little tassel on the top of the lid.
Taste - sweet and really not bad, although the smell was a little bit dusty.
Colour-wise, it was something else! It looks amazing on me, but it smells quite strongly, which is a bit irritating.
And you also don't get that much value for money.

But I love it so much, I'd buy a 3g pot for the price you can get it at now if that was the only way to do it. (But I would NOT be happy at the packaging shrinking).

One final note - it is NOT a good idea to take it travelling with you. It gets. absolutely. EVERYWHERE!!

This product is ok, it just isn't the scent/flavor for me. There is a strong lime taste to it. There is less powder than in the other cannisters. If you like lime this might be worth checking out.

Ew, I did not like this. I adore Champagne, Marshmallow and Peppermint but Gimlet is yucky for me. It smelled like Sweet-n-Low and the green sheen made me look ill. And for the amount you get (or lack thereof) not even I would pay 25USD for it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! Smells just like a margarita! I do understand why ppl get pissed about the amount..... but ive heard there on sale at marshalls. It goes on a light creamy green. I lovee this so so so so much!

on 9/15/2005 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this as a gift (thank goodness, as I would have never bought this), and quickly thereafter, it found a home in my bathroom closet with all of my other never-used items. The smell isn't quite lime, but more like a cleanser (maybe that's because I don't really care for lime though). It also seems that the container is quite small for the box that it's in (I don't own any other UD powders, but this one seems like a rip-off). All in all, I would have never bought this for myself, and as far as the gift goes, I'll never use it and will probably end up swapping it or giving it to my sister-in-law.