2.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

Just received my BPAL haul. Worth the wait. Very generous selection of imps included. I can't wait to submit individual reviews.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

3.0

10 years ago

very herbaly, similar to Lush’s Tramp, but spicier. More of an incense type of smell. I like it, but not something I would wear very frequently, more like when I was feeling dark

About reviewer (659 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0

12 years ago

I don't agree with a previous reviewer that this is Joop! for men, the goth version. I love and wear Joop! for men. This is almonds, (on many this seems to lean more towards the cherry, on me it's definitely almonds) rose and probably opoponax, not sure the true notes. I also get a large dose of clove as it dries, then this is replaced by possibly neroli and definitely a touch of cedar. Over all, it's powdery, which I don't care for much, and has a medicinal edge, but there's an aura of loveliness that I like. I can't argue with other reviewers that it bears a strong resemblance to cheap, roll-on hippie-head-shop oils, either. It does. And I wouldn't buy a full bottle, either. I may even scrub this off this time...but there's something about it that's intriguing. Not nice, possibly not even wearable, but it's intriguing. A sort of ruined, dissipated, nasty rose.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

13 years ago

I got six imp ears to sample the line, and unfortunately very disappointed, I wanted so much to love them, the nice price, the backstory, the beautiful website...but this stuff is so not up to its inspiration it's not funny. I wish they'd go back to the drawing board and really put some more effort into these. I think maybe they are trying to do too much, they must have more than a hundred scents formulated, how can you do quality with so much quantity? They have a harsh chemical odor that evaporates very quickly, they don't last on the skin more than half an hour at best, at least on me. They seemed to work best in very very very small increments of application. The Black Phoenix scent was the worst of the six I received, too sweet and harsh. I really do appreciate their website aesthetic and their obvious hard work but the result in perfume terms does not live up to the aspirations! I wish they'd hire someone to reform their formulations and save them from themselves...sorry to be so negative...

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrown

14 years ago

Oh, yummy! Annis, marzipan, grenadine, and other truly decadent treats. A little goes a long way with this one, for she's a doozy. Reminds me a lot of Aveda's #15 pure-fume spirit - must be the annis.

About reviewer (344 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

14 years ago

Marzipan and cinnamon first up, next a hint of something fizzy…grape juice? I'm kind of interested...but then...in comes sharp musk, powdery amber and soap notes. The man agreed with the soap bit, saying he thought it smelt like expensive soap, which may not be a bad thing, but this one is just too strong on me. And dang, the almond and cinnamon, as they sometimes do, are making me itch. We're over. I can handle some soap and powdery scents, but sadly, this one just doesn't work for me, and I really wanted to like the signature scent! =:(

About reviewer (557 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

3.0

14 years ago

Once the sweet almond/cherry note on top dries down, I really like the dark musk and base notes (?) left behind. I don't know the notes of this one, I just know the drydown works well om me, and to a greater extent on my husband.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairRed

15 years ago

A beautiful, sweet cherry and almond scent that I find very warm and comforting. This scent has a lovely undertone of almond cookies to it, which I find incrediably pleasing in the winter. This is definitely a scent that I really like.

About reviewer (861 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

15 years ago

Oooohhh, another terror from BPAL. Super-sweet and mediciney, something they do pretty often.

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

In the bottle: Smells like Cherry flavoured cough syrup First on: Wow, this is very strong and smells like cherries and baby powder. After a few seconds: It smells like a baby powder deodorant gone wrong on me. Very very heavy, sweet, powdery. After maybe 15 minutes: I'm smelling almonds, rancid baby powder and something by Chanel (can't remember which #). After an hour: It's still very over powering and a concotion on almond and powder. Some time after that: It just got stronger and stronger on me, no signs of fading and I started feeling dizzy and nauseous so I scrubbed it off, twice and I'm still getting a faint hint. I've never had this kind of reaction to a perfume before. I'm sorry to say this didn't agree with me at all. Such a shame because my husband really likes it.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinCombination