no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

Nov/12/2014

I liked it! It's evocative and different without being way out there. It's a fairytale-type scent.

Posted on May 2, 2006 on BPAL.org
"Category: Foody/Grain/Honey
Rating: 4/5; PERFECT for the queen of the fairies, and a lovely foody scent
Overall: I was surprised by this scent. The first application made me very happy and I felt comforted. It was like a …

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

Sep/18/2012

Powdery vanilla. How do those things even go together, but they do! Your go-to sleepy time fave, your pillow mate, your stuffed animal, your snuggley fabric softener scent. It could work in all cases. Lies low, just for you to enjoy.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

Jul/11/2009

I love this scent. It's the only BPAL scent that I've kept after trying many imps and getting rid of all the others. I love having the dropper top for the bottle (request one with your order; you snap it in yourself when the order arrives). I have repurchased this several times. It's HG BPAL for me.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairGrey, Curly, Fine

2.0

Jan/24/2008

Ugh! This made me nauseous for some reason - I bet it has one of the same notes that Paris has. It's a bit better than Paris, but still kinda gross on me.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2.0
fromoople

Jun/26/2006

Got an imp of this to try first. This was super sweet, and I couldn't pick out what else it smelled like except sweet. The first time I tried it it wasn't unpleasant and I went about my night. But the second time, it bothered me so much I had to wash it off. It started to smell like a mature lady's perfume. Not old grandma rose, or moth balls or anything.. but still not good.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

Oct/05/2005

I'm quite perplexed with this one. When it went on it was a gorgeous musky floral - really exotic and shadowy, as the description implies, with a great mixture of florals with no one floral dominating. But now - nothing! Where did you go? Weird, because florals are really lovely and long-lasting on me usually, especially jasmine. Might have to try this one again.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBrown

3.0

Aug/23/2005

Although this starts out rather perfumey, it is perfumey in that good way that truly excellent florals are such as Quelques Fleurs. It also reminds me of Estee Lauder Knowing which I love. It is warm and inviting and incredibly sexy. I get strong rose here. Similar to QF in many ways it dries down warm and elegant yet sweet at the same time and may be my new "going out at night" …Read more

About reviewer (772 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlond

May/07/2005

Mab is a really deep creamy orchid. "Chinese Musk" is a listed note, and i think that's what gives it such depth and the sweet milky quality of the orchid and sandalwood is a wonder. This is one of my HG BPAL scents; it's Dano O'Shee plus orchid and sandalwood. Absolutly a must for anyone who wants to try or already likes orchid scents. It's strong but not …Read more

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0
fromElyse

Jan/13/2005

I agree with bombedshell that it smells like picking berries in a field of wildflowers. Ultimately not for me though. I need some warmth in fragrances and this is a really "cool" scent.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

Jan/06/2005

This is one of my absolute favorite BPAL oils; orchid, musk, and a touch of rose. I'm really surprised by comments that people thought there was lavendar in it, as.. there's nothing like that, even the orchid is mellowed in intensity by musk. It's a very milky, sweet, heavy scent, i find it comforting - and i don't like floral 'girly' perfumes.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Dry