Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this to tone down the red in my light brown hair. I got the light ash brown color. I saturated my hair with it (used a bottle and a half) and left it on for an hour. It darkened my hair a bit, but it made it much redder. Definitely *not* ash brown.

I really liked this product, the price isn't bad but I think it should be slightly cheaper. (I bought mine at Sally's). My hair was pretty damaged when I used this but surprisingly it was really moisturizing and seemed to improve the quality of my hair. The results came out nicely, it looks natural, and even colored. I left the dye on for 25 minutes without any issues with it dripping. Although your hair does need to be towel dried before putting this on your hair. If you don't then it's much more difficult to apply and you use way more of the product. I used the color rosewood brown.

This review is for Clairol Beautiful Collection B01N Level 7 Champagne (blond). I'm a guy with fine wavy dark blond hair about 30% gray, 3" long on top, 1/4" long on sides. All virgin growth, all I do is wash and brush/comb, no styling products, no heat, no previous color treatments, natural color is 7N.

There are almost no men's coloring products out there for blonds - they are all brown and black shades - so this was one of 2 products recommended by the chick at Sally Beauty. I wanted something without lift, because my previous 2 experiences with permanent color made my hair look red and brassy as it faded.

This stuff went on easily and not too drippy - I only needed 1/3 of the bottle for my short hair. I left it on for 25 minutes, no heat, as directions suggest. The initial result is a flat mouse brown - I think Clairol should rename this shade 'Librarian Blonde." The waxy thing others note on here, I experienced as a stiffening of my hair, making it harder to style. If I go by what others here tell, I expect it to fade within days (I wash daily). I'll update after awhile.

Update 2 weeks later: My hair looks a lot more healthy now that the color has faded. Hair's softer now too. The dye made my hair stiff and sorta dull looking until it washed out. The color only covered the gray for 2 washings - by the 3rd washing, the color was gone from the gray. Looks like I gotta try something else.

Pros: Easy to apply, inexpensive
Cons: Color off by a full shade (too dark), made hair stiff and dull, covered gray for only 2 washings.

I have used this product many times, in different colors. This is supposed to be a semi-permanent color, but like many here, I noticed this rinses out pretty quickly. I also suggest using a strand test. I used 14K Gold on my medium blonde hair and it came out bright golden auburn. And the Champagne was so ashy it turned my hair a dark blonde with green undertones. However, once you find the right color, I suggest using this as a gentle color refresher, and that's about all. It does go on nicely, smells great, and conditions your hair. And since it has no harsh chemicals in it, you won't ruin your hair with this product.

I colored my hair today with Clairol Beautiful Collection Advanced Grey Solutions in Light Goldent Chestnut. The color is a bit too red, but what I am impressed with is that my resistant grey (white, actually) is COMPLETELY covered, which is saying something because I have difficulty covering my grey with even permanent hair color. My hair feels great, too! I only wish that they offered lighter, more natural shades as they do in the other Beautiful Collection line. I will also have to see how long it lasts, as most haircolors fade on me rather quickly.

Clairol, more lighter and natural shades for Advanced Grey Solutions.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this dye for a couple of years to cover grey. It made my hair shiny and more healthyɬookng. It didn't last very long, about three weeks before I wanted to touch it up, but since it's so inexpensive and easy to use, that was OK.

My hair is curly/frizzy, so the anti-frizz effect also made it worth the trouble of reapplying every few weeks. And I can't use peroxide or ammonia on my hair because it's too fragile. so my options are limited.

Lately, I just have too much grey and the regular Beautiful was not covering it. I tried the new Beautiful Collection Advanced Grey Solutions. It is amazing--really does cover grey, for about six weeks, and it makes the hair even more shiny and less frizzy than regular Beautiful. BUT... they only make a few shades and they don't make a light or medium neutral brown, which is what I really want. I used their Rich Dark Brown, which is lovely but too dark for me. I tried their Light Golden Brown, which is lovely too, but over my grey, it comes out a brilliant copper. It's a great color if that's what you want, but it looks bad on me. I tried mixing those two colors to get a light brown, and so far I haven't found the right proportions. It's either too dark or too orange. I will try one more time. If I can't make a medium or light brown, I might just keep on being a dark brunette, since this is the only good grey coverage in a temp dye that I have found.

Hey, Clairol---could you make this in some more natural colors?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so sad when sebastian colourshines got discontinued. I had a horrible experience with my hair getting overprocessed and dried out from permanent haircolor a couple of years ago and had been using colourshines while growing it out because of the no ammonia, no peroxide thing. And although I loved how conditioning colourshines was, it was a pain to use because you really had to use heat with it which seemed to make it more labor and time intensive. And I had to mix a few colors to get the right aubern/red shade I wanted.

I just tried Clairol's Beautiful Collection for the first time last week (Rosewood) and it gave me the nearly perfect shade of medium dark auburn, was totally easy, no heat or mixing required, and seems to last as long as colourshines. And it's cheap at about $5 a bottle. Yay!!! It doesn't give as much shine or softness as colourshines, but since it is easier, that's ok with me. I took one lippie off because I too had the waxy hair thing after coloring, but I'm going to try shampooing right after coloring next time to try to avoid that.

Update: The waxy feeling after coloring has made this just not worth the trouble of using. It usually takes two shampoos for my hair to act normal again. BUT...I'm so excited because Sebastian is selling Cellophanes again! I just used it yesterday, and the color is beautiful (I mix the red red and red brunette together for a really nice auburn color), and my hair feels healthy and looks shiny. So glad they brought this product back!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my second time using this product, the first was honey brown and it turned my hair green. That time I did wash my hair prior to applying the product. It left a washy residue behind. Since my hair was green a week later I decided to try it again. I purchased this in 14k Gold this time.... I didn't wash my hair prior but I did dampen my hair and then applied it all over and coved it with a shower cap for 25 minutes. I love it! It didn't deposit a lot of color to my light brown hair but it did give it a pop with tons of shine and the green was gone. I will continue to use this product, probaly every two weeks because I don't think it will last that long. The price is cheap and I think it works better if you don't wash it before using it.

This really enriches brown hair shades and lasts forever(at least on me).Love it!